• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - John Williams

:whip:

-Erik-

biggrin

someone has a personal emoticon! applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    christopher wrote
    On to Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Jerry Goldsmith

Time to see if this one really is as good as everyone says.

Does it have electric guitars?

NP:Call of Duty :Modern Warfare 2 (zimmer)

Nominated for Worst Zimmer music ever. tongue (the other one is Younger and Younger, so it's a dificult category)
    moon

I could only make it half way down the opening track, around a minute or so. Then i pressed delete. The whole folder.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009 edited
    The Phantom - David Newman

First listen. I hope there is a negative correlation between the quality of this score and the coolness of the title character's outfit.

edit: "The Escape" is excellent fun!
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    Jarre by Jarre compilation - it's mostly themes you've heard plenty of times, but I wanted a non-synth version of Building the Barn from Witness.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

biggrin

^
    I just found out the hard way. rolleyes cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Katiek wrote
    Jarre by Jarre compilation - it's mostly themes you've heard plenty of times, but I wanted a non-synth version of Building the Barn from Witness.

I love that orchestral version! Quite a piece.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

biggrin

^
    I just found out the hard way. rolleyes cheesy

:tipmyhat:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Niceeee!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Supergirl - Goldsmith

I made my own compilation featuring cues from both score releases. 'Monster Storm' sounds so much better on the original Varese release! Less 'synthy' and far more orchestrally full bodied. Not to mention the 'End Titles' suite. It's so not cheesy on the Varese album. And what a finale! cool
  1. I love Supergirl! If you can name a more heroic and uplifting main theme from Goldsmith, be my guest. wink

A Little Princess (Patrick Doyle)

Beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. Doyle in his most inspired mode. Need I say more?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Afrika - Wataru Hokoyama

Very enjoyable old-fashioned adventure music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Love it. One of the best scores from last year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

Playing a compilation of the OST and "More Music" album. Despite the sampled brass and everything I really like this one. But why on Earth did they have to add the dialogues in the More Music CD?? Would be nice if sometime a version is released with the dialogues eliminated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Southall wrote
    Afrika - Wataru Hokoyama

Very enjoyable old-fashioned adventure music.

Now that's one I'd love to get.
    I've heard some of it. But it's way too pricey for me just now! sad
  2. Hans Zimmer - The Thin Red Line

Zimmer's best score hands down, maybe not his most enjoyable, but the way it elevates the movie, the way Zimmer really redefined his approach to war movies adn really put himself in a whole to this project. Beauty.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote

:tipmyhat:

^ Harrison Ford in Witness.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ^ applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Afrika - Wataru Hokoyama
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks to another thread I was influenced to play this classic and brilliant work...

NP : BLADERUNNER - Vangelis

cool
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - The Thin Red Line

Zimmer's best score hands down, maybe not his most enjoyable, but the way it elevates the movie, the way Zimmer really redefined his approach to war movies adn really put himself in a whole to this project. Beauty.

and inspired many others too. So yes, a staple score in his body of work.

Speaking of more beauty...

NP Pearl Harbor Hans Zimmer

Another war movie with a completely different tone- more accessible, less raw. I may be one of the few that really likes this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Starship Troopers - Basil Poledouris

punkpunkpunkpunk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Afrika - Wataru Hokoyama

Indeed!
  3. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Nobuo Uematsu)

So you think you can find a more varied soundtrack than for this movie spin-off from the popular FF VII game? Orchestral, pure choral, ambient, hard-rock, solo piano, you find it all here, some of them all together at once. Definitely not for everyone, and you've got to know the themes but there is some brilliant stuff here. The choral pieces are splendid and rate very high on the epic-meter.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    THOMAS NEWMAN - angels in America

An undisputed master of modern film music and this is one of the bright examples.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I'm in a strange mood tonight... I feel a bit restless... something like not liking being alone in my room... like missing someone. What should I listen to? A soothing score or one that will make completely wild? What the heck! ? I'll travel the seas tonight like pirates did! And if the look like Depp or Bloom ... Where the fudge is my boyfriend when I need him?! 300 km away!Anyway! I'll dream about him!
    NP: At World's End ~ Hans Zimmer!

G'dnight maties! wave
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  4. Stavroula wrote
    I'm in a strange mood tonight... I feel a bit restless... something like not liking being alone in my room... like missing someone.

wave
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    JP: BLESS THE CHILD - Christopher Young

Together with his Hellraiser scores, his best (horror) work. Great, classic stuff and far above his recent efforts. Even though those are pretty good as well, it lacks the inventiveness of these 'originals'. The closing Lux Aeterna is unmatched in his later work for the genre.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    Stavroula wrote
    ... the fudge...

You've been hanging around with D. too long. wink

... something like not liking being alone in my room... like missing someone.

Luckily there's always us poor substitutes in cyberspace. wink
    wave