• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    Alexandre Desplat - The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Just finished listening to this at the official website and I love it! The Fantastic M. Desplat!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DEAD RINGER - Andre Previn

LOVE this! One of my favourite FSM releases cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MARK MOTHERSBAUGH - cloudy with a chance of meatballs

Very irritating. Never quite understood what's the big deal with this composer anyway.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Indiana Jones 4 (John Williams)

I can't be bothered to type in that long and ridiculous title. The score is disappointing, it has a few good cues (the Crystal theme, Adventure of Mutt, The Jungle Chase), but the underscore leave me cold and the rhythmic stuff is tiresome, especially if you've heard them done better in his last two Star Wars outings. This one will over the years die a slow death where I'm concerned, luckily that brown box this one came in, has three other kickass scores that are the real show-stoppers.

Indy, you old dog, I :whip: you into oblivion. May your younger self be remembered for all eternity.

And Lucas: NO INDIANA JONES 5 YOU HEAR ME? crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. There will be Indy 5 though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Thanks for confirming my worst fears. vomit
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thanks for confirming my worst fears. vomit

I think there is a way to repair the damage done by 4 by first and foremost having a really good story written by a competent screen writer. Also, get rid of Mutt and please no Marion. Bring back Sallah for a cameo. And stop relying so heavily on CGI.

I have a great story in mind that would have Indy retire from teaching and archeology all together (a field trip in Ireland goes wrong and one of his students is killed) but is brought back for one last adventure where his rival would be an equal... almost a mirror image of Indy... he would be played by Tom Sellick and the both of them would be racing AROUND THE WORLD to find God knows what. Sellick and Indy were bitter enemies in college - or whatever - and are racing against each other to find the Mcguffin. There would be lots of double crossing, lots of chases, a fist fight to end all fist fights... Indy and Sellick's character have to team up a fight TWO Pat Roach type characters! The adventure would end with a final act taking place in the Bermuda Triangle which would offer the mystical elements to the story!

As for Sellick's character... maybe he was a boarding student who came to live with Indy's family while Indy was off on his round the world adventures as a teenager. Sellick lived with the family and become a second son to Indy father. That's were the rivalry began. I always like a long lost brother story line brought up years ago but this way Sellick's character isn't blood related and Indy actually knows of his existence.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    5 Man Army from Morricone. Working on a review
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  4. This idea is particularly interesting due to the fact that, of course, Tom Selleck was originally slated to play Indy, but had to back off due to his TV series, Magnum P.I. Great idea, Erik!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN - Ron Goodwin

Big, in your face patriotic film music punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Erik Woods wrote

I have a great story in mind that would have Indy retire from teaching and archeology all together (a field trip in Ireland goes wrong and one of his students is killed) but is brought back for one last adventure where his rival would be an equal... almost a mirror image of Indy... he would be played by Tom Sellick and the both of them would be racing AROUND THE WORLD to find God knows what. Sellick and Indy were bitter enemies in college - or whatever - and are racing against each other to find the Mcguffin. There would be lots of double crossing, lots of chases, a fist fight to end all fist fights... Indy and Sellick's character have to team up a fight TWO Pat Roach type characters! The adventure would end with a final act taking place in the Bermuda Triangle which would offer the mystical elements to the story!

-Erik-

Great, the moustache in an adventure film, when was the last time I've seen him in one? tongue Well, at least he's a charismatic actor, so that always counts for something when playing against The Hat.

Could be good, could be terrible... who knows, but it would take a huge leap of faith to have this film being about as memorable as the first three. And I won't settle with it being a slight improvement over 4, no sirree !!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    NP: RED CLIFF, a John Woo film with music by Taro Iwashiro. I like it but know nothing about the movie at all.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: GOLIATH AWAITS by George Duning. It has that Duning sound in parts which seems a bit strange for the kind of movie but I've no experience with this made for TV film.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Lonely Are the Brave. I like Goldsmith best when he's scoring westerns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron - Hans Zimmer

I absolutely adore the main theme (Homeland), some of the most gorgeous music I've heard from Hans. The acoustic guitar work in the other tracks is great and Run Free is a really great track with a very uplifting and joyful spirit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron - Hans Zimmer

I absolutely adore the main theme (Homeland), some of the most gorgeous music I've heard from Hans. The acoustic guitar work in the other tracks is great and Run Free is a really great track with a very uplifting and joyful spirit.

That score is absolutely beautiful! So cheesy but sooooo melodic, love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    NP: RED CLIFF, a John Woo film with music by Taro Iwashiro. I like it but know nothing about the movie at all.
    Thomas

Tom if you like it, there's so much better stuff to hear from Taro Iwashiro, if you want we can recommend you some titleS! He has a very Zimmer-like style, but interesting, sweeping and melodic at parts, epic and heroic at others, to keep you interested. And his almost always completely orchestral which is a good thing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

Tom if you like it, there's so much better stuff to hear from Taro Iwashiro, if you want we can recommend you some titleS! He has a very Zimmer-like style, but interesting, sweeping and melodic at parts, epic and heroic at others, to keep you interested. And his almost always completely orchestral which is a good thing!

I quite enjoyed Red Cliff, but it's hugely repetitive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

I quite enjoyed Red Cliff, but it's hugely repetitive.

Indeed, which isn't the case with some of his older, better material.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LORD OF THE RINGS - Leonard Rosenman

Overall this is no match for Shore's monumental work though at the same time there is no one track in Shore's works that is as pokey and awesomely corking as Rosenman's Helms Deep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    James Horner - The Golden Years Symphony

Another excellent fan compilation !

Tracklist :

01 - Universal Pictures 75th Anniversary Logo (00:00)
    02 - The Plaza of Execution (The Mask of Zorro featuring Willow) (00:56)
    03 - Willow's Theme (Willow) (04:12)
    04 - A Storm is Coming (The Perfect Storm) (06:25)
    05 - Josh & Vinnie (Searching for Bobby Fisher) (09:25)
    06 - The Machine Age - Part I (Bicentennial Man) (11:20)
    07 - Kaleidoscope of Mathematics (A Beautiful Mind) (12:10)
    08 - The Flying Circus (The Rocketeer) (13:20)
    09 - Southampton (Titanic) (15:12)
    10 - A Call to Arms (Glory) (18:57)
    11 - Legends of the Fall (Legends of the Fall) (20:58)
    12 - For the Love of a Princess (Braveheart) (24:15)
    13 - The Cornfield (Field of Dreams) (27:45)
    14 - Casper's Lullaby (Casper) (29:54)
    15 - Main Titles (An American Tail) (32:31)
    16 - Epilogue / End Credits (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan) (35:00)
    17 - The Ascension / End Credits (Cocoon) (39:18)
    18 - The Shape Of Things To Come (Includes Happy Who-lidays) (The Grinch) (42:12)
    19 - Main Title (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) (44:07)
    20 - Sacred Guardian Of The Mountain (Mighty Joe Young) (45:19)
    21 - Main Title (Brainstorm) (47:54)
    22 - Main Titles (The Name of the Rose) (49:28)
    23 - Main Title (Contains Traditional Gaelic Song) (Patriot Games) (51:25)
    24 - Main Title (The Pagemaster) (54:00)
    25 - Main Title & Colwyn's Arrival (Krull) (56:08)
    26 - Main Title/A Rare Day For The Boys (Something Wicked This Way Comes) (59:08)
    27 - Main Title (Sneakers) (1:02:08)
    28 - The Machine Age - Part II / The Wedding (Bicentennial Man) (1:03:50)
    29 - Main Title/Balto's Story Unfolds (Balto) (1:06:28)
    30 - The Great Migration (The Land Before Time) (1:08:51)
    31 - Ripley's Rescue (Aliens) (1:12:45)
    32 - End Credits (Apollo XIII) (1:15:35)
    33 - My Heart Will Go On (Instrumental Version) (Titanic) (1:17:05)
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Those timings? shocked confused
  6. Well, Horner does love to compose long tracks... wink
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    Those timings? shocked confused

I'm going to assume that those timings mark where the edit is in the entire "piece."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Nothing wrong with the timing guys .
    It's a well mixed compilation with segments and not the full tracks ... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009 edited
    Eric wrote
    Nothing wrong with the timing guys .
    It's a well mixed compilation with segments and not the full tracks ... wink

I wouldn't mind hearing the piece just to hear how the creator of the "symphony" edited each track together and how seamless it all is.

-Erik-
  7. Yes let the mixing expert hear how someone else has done it. punk

I wouldn't mind hearing this also. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    I'll PM you the links asap guys ... wink
  8. downloading now, listening for later... wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    downloading now, listening for later... wave

Yeah , it's a long listen or a small one if you fast forward through it ... lol