• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009
    Here is my Joke:

EMPLOYMENT.

Our sardarji was filling up an application form for a job. He promptly filled the columns titled NAME, AGE, ADDRESS etc. Then he came to the column "Salary Expected" :He was not sure as to what to be filled there.
    After much thought he wrote: Yes biggrin

A sardar goes into a store and sees a shiny object. He asks the clerk, "What is that shiny object?" The clerk replies, "That is a thermos flask." The sardar then asks, "What does it do?" The clerk responds, "It keeps hot things hot and it keeps cold things cold." The sardar says, "I'll take it!" The next day, he walks into work with his new thermos. His sardar boss sees him and asks, "What is that shiny object with you?" He said, "It's a thermos flask." The boss then says, "What does it do?" He replies, "It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold." The boss said, "Wow, what do you have in it?" The sardar replies, "Two cups of coffee and a coke." biggrin

How is that? biggrin

Have a fun day! smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009 edited
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because...

*light snigger*

...because...

*loud obnoxious laughter*

...BECAUSE IT WANTED TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

I'm here all week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    applause

Come on, Steven! you can do it.

Here is my another Joke. biggrin

A teacher asked a student to write 55.

Student asked: How?

Teacher: Write 5 and beside it another 5!

The student wrote 5 and stopped.

teacher: What are you waiting for?

student: I don't know which side to write the other 5!

Have a lovely day! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    What will a Sardarji do after taking photocopies ?

He will compare it with the original for spelling mistakes !!
  1. What's a sardarji?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    > bhangra he is sardarji! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    They call Sikhs "sardarji" here..
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    For further information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardar

Here is another Joke:

Why did 18 sardarjis go to a movie?

Because below 18 was not allowed. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Q : Why did the super model stare at the orange juice carton?

A : Because it said 'concentrate'

groan
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. a car stops at a gasstation, the employee comes out to offer his service. Suddenly he looks weird at the backseat, where he sees 2 penguins sitting down. He looks weird to the driver and asks why on earth he has 2 penguins sitting at the backseat of the car? The man responds he just found these beasts and was wondering what on earth he had to do with them. The employee responds: "easy, take them to the ZOO"! "Excellent" says the man and he leaves

The next week the employee sees the same man passing at the other end of the street, with the 2 penguins following closeby, each with a balloon in each flipper. The employee runs to the man, asking: "well, didn't you take them to the ZOO? And the man responds: "Yes I did, and it was great. Now I'm taking them to the beach"

face-palm-mt
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later, there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says "What the hell was that all about?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later, there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says "What the hell was that all about?"

Now THAT'S an oldie! I think I heard that for the first time in primary school.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oldie but goodie! cool biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    There are 10 finalists for the Maintitles Most Score-Insightful Post of the Year-

1. A passionate post by Nautilus about the decline in the quality of today's film scores chiefly due to the overuse of sound effects and the established 'Media Ventures'/ 'Remote Control Productions' formula.

2. A well reasoned argument by Sunil in which he finally presents one single John Williams score as his favorite score of the composer and finely articulates why it is his best pick.

3. A much-awaited confession by Thor that a complete and chronological re-release of scores is an awesome thing worth celebrating.

4. Plindboe's post where he admits that he has finally grown tired of Morricone's scores and that he now labels Ennio's love themes to be sappy and saccharine, his spaghetti western oeuvre as cliché, the tension/suspense devices as unlistenably boring, and the erotic/mysterious overtones as embarrassingly weird. He then accepts that with so prolific a career, Morricone has been a factory churning out scores with little variation.

5. A post from Joep where he confesses that the reason he listens to obscure scores is that he is the only person willing to accept cds from the little known composers and write reviews about them in exchange for shopping points at BOL.com which he later redeems for extra copies of scores to sell to others and make a net profit. He also admits that he intentionally messes around in the Now Playing thread by using the most obscure foreign title of a cd instead of the popular English title (I mean, c'mon! How cool is Sibirskiy Tsiryulnik in comparison to the plain & boring Barber of Siberia?)

6. A rant by Franz about how Desplat's recent works are very similar and underscorish and that he longs for the good old days of bold statements and musical inventiveness. In the same post he mentions that he is giving away his entire Christopher Gordon cd collection for free after falling out with the composer (Franz maintains that it was not his fault that his violent sneezing disrupted the recording sessions of Daybreakers and that he did not deserve to be kicked out of the studios)

7. An expansive post by Timmer in the John Barry thread arguing that while the composer showed brilliant musical ingenuity with his economy of expression, much of his scores are mind-numbingly the same except for a bar or two. He then makes his case convincingly by offering clips from Mary Queen of Scots, Frances, Dances with Wolves, Zulu, and On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

8. Demetris waxes philosophical that some of the most precious musical gems have a rough exterior that make it difficult to appreciate on the first listen. But only repeated listens and the right frame of mind can extricate the beauty that glistens with such purity that it leaves the listener in rapturous delight. He reports that after 10 repeated listens he has found the rare beauty in A R Rahman's Slumdog Millionaire. He was unable to complete his post since he was in a rare state of lachrymal ecstasy but it was ruled eligible for the contest by admin-God Bregt.

9. Two similar posts by Demonstar and Miya earned them a joint nomination for having elaborately argued against a full score release for The Lion King under the grounds that the estimated audience is minuscule and niche, that the music is mediocre at best, and that the film score fandom would be served better if the industry focused their efforts on releasing better works like Gustavo Santaolalla's Babel

10. A post by Justin where he very briefly mentions Symphonette 2.

Question: Which post will win?

Answer: Obviously #10. The rest of them are imaginary.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    LOL biggrin applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Hmmm... the joke i am going to tell you all is based on true story. biggrin

Sunil: Sleepy Hollow is a groundbreaking score.

Timmer: No, i don't agree with you, Sunil. Please tell me how come Sleepy Hollow is groundbreaking score?

Sunil: Simple. Put that soundtrack CD in your player and player connected 2500 Watts speaker and increase the volume, you will definitely feel the groundbreaking effect. So, this is groundbreaking score.

Timmer: cry suicide

Sunil: shocked bhangra fireworks

Have a nice day! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BhelPuri wrote
    There are 10 finalists for the Maintitles Most Score-Insightful Post of the Year-

1. A passionate post by Nautilus about the decline in the quality of today's film scores chiefly due to the overuse of sound effects and the established 'Media Ventures'/ 'Remote Control Productions' formula.

2. A well reasoned argument by Sunil in which he finally presents one single John Williams score as his favorite score of the composer and finely articulates why it is his best pick.

3. A much-awaited confession by Thor that a complete and chronological re-release of scores is an awesome thing worth celebrating.

4. Plindboe's post where he admits that he has finally grown tired of Morricone's scores and that he now labels Ennio's love themes to be sappy and saccharine, his spaghetti western oeuvre as cliché, the tension/suspense devices as unlistenably boring, and the erotic/mysterious overtones as embarrassingly weird. He then accepts that with so prolific a career, Morricone has been a factory churning out scores with little variation.

5. A post from Joep where he confesses that the reason he listens to obscure scores is that he is the only person willing to accept cds from the little known composers and write reviews about them in exchange for shopping points at BOL.com which he later redeems for extra copies of scores to sell to others and make a net profit. He also admits that he intentionally messes around in the Now Playing thread by using the most obscure foreign title of a cd instead of the popular English title (I mean, c'mon! How cool is Sibirskiy Tsiryulnik in comparison to the plain & boring Barber of Siberia?)

6. A rant by Franz about how Desplat's recent works are very similar and underscorish and that he longs for the good old days of bold statements and musical inventiveness. In the same post he mentions that he is giving away his entire Christopher Gordon cd collection for free after falling out with the composer (Franz maintains that it was not his fault that his violent sneezing disrupted the recording sessions of Daybreakers and that he did not deserve to be kicked out of the studios)

7. An expansive post by Timmer in the John Barry thread arguing that while the composer showed brilliant musical ingenuity with his economy of expression, much of his scores are mind-numbingly the same except for a bar or two. He then makes his case convincingly by offering clips from Mary Queen of Scots, Frances, Dances with Wolves, Zulu, and On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

8. Demetris waxes philosophical that some of the most precious musical gems have a rough exterior that make it difficult to appreciate on the first listen. But only repeated listens and the right frame of mind can extricate the beauty that glistens with such purity that it leaves the listener in rapturous delight. He reports that after 10 repeated listens he has found the rare beauty in A R Rahman's Slumdog Millionaire. He was unable to complete his post since he was in a rare state of lachrymal ecstasy but it was ruled eligible for the contest by admin-God Bregt.

9. Two similar posts by Demonstar and Miya earned them a joint nomination for having elaborately argued against a full score release for The Lion King under the grounds that the estimated audience is minuscule and niche, that the music is mediocre at best, and that the film score fandom would be served better if the industry focused their efforts on releasing better works like Gustavo Santaolalla's Babel

10. A post by Justin where he very briefly mentions Symphonette 2.

Question: Which post will win?

Priceless! applause spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BhelPuri wrote

suicide

wink lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil

Thanks for sharing your Joke., Bhelpuri! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote
    For further information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardar

lol

Nice one!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BP, seriously man, that was excellent! biggrin kiss beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    BP, seriously man

You mean Blood Pressure. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Sardar went to the appliance store sale and found a bargain.
    "I would like to buy this small TV," he told the salesman.
    "Sorry, we don't sell to SARDARs," he replied. He hurried home
    removed his turban and changed his hair style, and returned to tell the
    salesman "I would like to buy this TV."
    "Sorry, we don't sell to Sardars," Salesman replied. "Damn, he
    recognize me," he thought. he went for a complete disguise this time,
    haircut and new hair color, new outfit, big sunglasses, then waited a few days
    before he again approached the salesman. "I would like to buy this TV."
    "Sorry, we don't sell to Sardars," he replied.
    Frustrated, he exclaimed "How do you know I'm a Sardar?"
    "Because that's a microwave," he replied.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why didn't he just go to another store?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A joke I used in my wedding speech.

Two guys were talking. One said to the other "I think I'm going to have to divorce my wife. She hasn't even spoken to me in a month." The other guy pondered for a moment and said "Don't rush into it, mate - women like that are hard to find."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    I don't get it.

My friend, concept of the joke was that Sardar thought that particular product was portable TV, but actually it was "Microwave", so, each and every time he disguises himself in different appearances, he just kept on asking that salesman that "give me that portable TV", salesman could easily recognized him as Sardar because he was the one who always thinks that microwave as portable TV. Naturally, whenever he comes to shop and ask him to give him that TV, so, he easily denies him no sales to sardar. Do you get it now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    Mahi: You know, in my life dictionary, there is no such word called "Impossible".

Sardar: Is it? Ok, in future, if you buy any dictionary, please check whether that word "impossible" is there or not.

Mahi: ?????

biggrin