• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    9. Two similar posts by Demonstar and Miya earned them a joint nomination for having elaborately argued against a full score release for The Lion King under the grounds that the estimated audience is minuscule and niche, that the music is mediocre at best, and that the film score fandom would be served better if the industry focused their efforts on releasing better works like Gustavo Santaolalla's Babel

suicide

wink lol

Traitors! Haha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    A man is very upset after separating from his wife, so he decides to get a pet. He goes to the pet shop to pick up a dog - but they don't have any. No cats either. The shopkeeper says "you can have a budgie or a talking millipede." The man is allergic to budgies so goes for the talking millipede.

When he gets home, he can't believe how stupid he's been.

"I've just spent ten quid on a stupid millipede. Of course it doesn't talk."

"Yes I do!"

The man is taken aback.

"You really talk? What else can you do?"

"I can do anything for you that your wife used to do."

"Wow! Can you find the remote control? Every night I used to lose it and she would find it for me."

The millipede goes and finds the remote.

"That's amazing! I don't suppose you can wash dishes?"

"Of course I can."

Five minutes later, the millipede is back - the dishes are all sparkling clean.

"Will you do some shopping for me?"

"Yes - just give me a list of things to get and wrap it in some money and I'll go to the shop."

The man writes out milk, bread, some cereals and a newspaper and wraps the list in a five pound note. The millipede goes out of the living room.

The man sits there watching Eastenders. But then the show finishes and there's still no sign of the millipede. By the time The Simpsons reaches the end, the man is starting to get a bit concerned, so he leaves his living room, only to find the millipede still in the hallway with the list wrapped in the five pound note.

"Why are you still here? Where's the shopping?" asks the man.

"Give me a chance," replies the millipede. "I'm putting my shoes on."
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    applause biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt

1. 1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's Court table was Sir Cumference. He aquired his size from too much pi.

2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.

3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.

4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math destruction.

5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got as little behind in his work.

6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationary.

7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

8. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.

9. Two silk works has a race. They ended up in a tie.

10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

11. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.

12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

13. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, "You stay here, I'll go on a head."

14. I wondered why the basketball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

15. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said, "Keep off the Grass".

16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to the hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse replied, "No change yet."
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Justin, you still have time to edit these out - before anyone else can see them! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Yeah, half of the stuff is as old as the Colosseum
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Justin, you still have time to edit these out - before anyone else can see them! wink

Never. biggrin

And now, from the 1965 (to end) "Hollywood Squares":

Q: "Paul, what is a good reason for pounding meat?"

A: Rose Marie: "Loneliness!"

(The audience laughed so long and so hard it took up almost 15 minutes of the show!) ."

Q: "Do female frogs croak?"

A: Rose Marie: "If you hold their little heads under water long enough."

Q: "If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be?"

A: Charley Weaver: "Three days of steady drinking should do it. .."

Q: "True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years."

A: George Gobel: "Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes..."

Q: "You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?"

A: Don Knotts: "That's what's been keeping me awake."

Q: "According to Cosmopolitan, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is attractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?"

A: Rose Marie: "No, wait until morning."

Q: "Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?"

A: Charley Weaver: "My sense of decency..."

Q: "In Hawaiian, does it take more than three words to say 'I Love You'?"

A: Vincent Price: "No, you can say it with a pineapple and a twenty..."

Q: "What are 'Do It', 'I Can Help', and 'I Can't Get Enough'?"

A: George Gobel: "I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment..."

Q: "As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?"

A: Rose Marie: "You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget."

Q: "Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?"

A: Rose Marie: "Because chiffon wrinkles too easily."

Q: "Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?"

A: Charley Weaver: "Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries."

Q: "In bowling, what's a perfect score?"

A: Rose Marie: "Ralph, the pin boy..."

Q: "It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps.. One is politics, what is the other?"

A: Paul Lynde: "Tape measures.. ."

Q: "During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet?"

A: Rose Marie: "Unfortunately Peter, I'm always safe in the bedroom..."

Q: "Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls?"

A: Marty Allen: "Only after lights out..."

Q: "When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do?"

A: Rose Marie: "Make him bark?"

Q: "If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?"

A: Paul Lynde: "Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark..."

Q: "According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?"

A: Charley Weaver: "It got me out of the army."

Q: "It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it?"

A: Rose Marie: "Mine may be abused, but it certainly isn't neglected..."

Q: "Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?"

A: George Gobel: "Get it in his mouth."

Q: "Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?"

A: Rose Marie: "Who told you about my elephant?"

Q: "When a couple have a baby, who is responsible for its sex?"

A: Charley Weaver: "I'll lend him the car, the rest is up to him ."

Q: "Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they?"

A: Charley Weaver: "His feet."

Q: "According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed?"

A: Paul Lynde: "Point and laugh."
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2010
    When wifi first came out and was available in coffee shops I thought that it was like free whip cream topping for your coffee drink. Funny but true from the golden ager.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!

5. Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?
    Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    Tyler Bates
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. I had to share this one:

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.

ABBOTT: Your computer?

COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.

ABBOTT: What about Windows?

COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?

COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?

ABBOTT: Wallpaper.

COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

ABBOTT: Software for Windows?

COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

ABBOTT: I just did.

COSTELLO: You just did what?

ABBOTT: Recommend something.

COSTELLO: You recommended something?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: For my office?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!

ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.

COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

ABBOTT: Word.

COSTELLO: What word?

ABBOTT: Word in Office.

COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.

ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.

COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?

ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue 'W'.

COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue 'w' if you don't start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?

COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?

ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.

COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?

COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?

ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.

COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?

ABBOTT: One copy.

COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?

ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?

ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

ABBOTT: Click on "START".....

A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 10 lb. weight loss program.

The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck.

She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company.

The sign reads, 'If you can catch me, you can have me.'

Without a second thought, he takes off after her. A few miles later huffing and puffing, he finally gives up..

The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing happens.

On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he has lost 10 lbs. as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/20 pound program.

The next day there's a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning, beautiful, sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads, 'If you catch me you can have me'.

Well, he's out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in excellent shape and he does his best, but no such luck. So for the next four days, the same routine happens with him gradually getting in better and better shape.

Much to his delight on the fifth day when he weighs himself, he discovers that he has lost another 20 lbs. as promised. He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/50 pound program

'Are you sure?' asks the representative on the phone... 'This is our most rigorous program.'

'Absolutely,' he replies, 'I haven't felt this good in years.'

The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds a huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around his neck that reads, 'If I catch you, you're mine.'

He lost 63 pounds that week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2011
    I don't understand the authorities saying "We don't negotiate with terrorists."

What are they talking about? I just managed to get a can of Coke with my kebab.

-Sikipedia
  7. Bobbitt Family Update

In a recent news broadcast, it was announced that Lorena Bobbitt's sister, Louella, was arrested for an alleged attempt to perform the same act on her husband as her famous sister had done several years ago.

Sources reveal the sister was not as accurate as Lorena.

She allegedly missed the target and stabbed her husband in the upper thigh causing severe muscle and tendon damage. The husband is reported to be in serious, but stable condition, and Louella has been charged with...

A misdawiener!

A very successful attorney parked his brand new Lexus in front of his office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he was getting out, a truck came along too closely and completely tore off the driver's door.

Fortunately, a cop in a police car was close enough to see the accident and pulled up behind the Lexus with his lights flashing.

Before the cop had a chance to ask any questions, the attorney started screaming hysterically about how his Lexus, which he had just purchased the day before, was completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter how any car body shop tried to make new again.

After the lawyer finally wound down from his rant, the cop shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe how materialistic you lawyers are," he said. "You are so focused on your possessions that you neglect the most important things in life."
    "How can you say such a thing?" asked the lawyer.
    The cop replied, "Don't you even realize that your left arm is missing? It was severed when the truck hit you!"
    "OH, MY GOD!!!" screamed the lawyer.

"My Rolex!"

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut.
    After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, "I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week."
    The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, "I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week."
    The cop was happy and left the shop.

The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, "I can not accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week."
    The Congressman was very happy and left the shop.

The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

A man wanted to get married. He was having trouble choosing among three likely candidates. He gives each woman a present of $5,000 and watches to see what they do with the money.

The first does a total makeover. She goes to a fancy beauty salon, gets her hair done, new makeup; buys several new outfits and dresses up very nicely for the man. She tells him that she has done this to be more attractive for him because she loves him so much.
    The man was impressed.

The second goes shopping to buy the man gifts. She gets him a new set of golf clubs, some new gizmos for his computer, and some expensive clothes. As she presents these gifts, she tells him that she has spent all the money on him because she loves him so much.
    Again, the man is impressed.

The third invests the money in the stock market She earns several times the $5,000. She gives him back his $5,000 and reinvests the remainder in a joint account. She tells him that she wants to save for their future because she loves him so much.
    Obviously, the man was impressed.

The man thought for a long time about what each woman had done with the money he'd given her.

Then he married the one with the biggest tits.

Men are like that, you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2013
    biggrin
    Best golf joke I've reade in a while.
    Its format suggests it's got a beard like a Saudi sheikh, but for those who -like me- missed it the first time around:

A golfer is walking down the road carrying his clubs when he sees an Arab being held up at gunpoint. He pulls out a wedge and smashes it over the back of the robber's head, knocking him unconscious.

"You probably saved my life," says the grateful Arab. "I am a member of the Saudi Royal Family and I have the power and money to give you anything you desire as a reward."

The golfer glances at his golf bag.

"Some new golf clubs would be nice," he says.

Two weeks later, the Sheikh's secretary calls him up.

"We've got your golf clubs," she says, "but the Sheikh would like to apologise to you in advance:
    only three of them have swimming pools."
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. THE BIRTH OF A CANDY BAR

One Payday Mr. Peanut wanted a Bit O'Honey, so he took Mary Jane behind the Powerhouse on the corner of Clark and Fifth Ave. He began to feel her Mounds. That was pure Almond Joy. It made her Tootsie Roll. He let out a Snicker as his Butterfinger went up her Juicyfruit and caused a Milky Way. She screamed Oh Henry as she squeezed his Peter Paul and Zagnuts.
    Mary Jane said, "You are even better than the Three Musketeers!"

Soon she was a bit Chunky and nine months later had a Baby Ruth.
  9. Holy crap. This entire thread is a hidden goldmine of comedy, for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it's the jokes thread. bounce

Oh Sunil...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2013
    Very entertained going through this old thread. What a prize berk Sunil was.
  10. I saw this as somebody's signature at another board:

And so, God came forth and proclaimed widescreen is the best.
    Sony 16:9
  11. I thought I had posted these already, but looking back over the thread, I guess I had not. Well, here's some great stuff:

This guy meets a beautiful girl. He eventually asks her name.
    "Carmen," she replies.
    "Pretty name," he says.
    "It's a combination of my two favorite things: cars and men."
    "Really, I did that too," replies the man.
    "Really? What's your name?" she asks.
    "Golftits."

Memo to all employees:
    In order to assure the highest levels of quality work and productivity from employees, it will be our policy to keep all employees well trained through our program of SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (S.H.I.T.)

We are trying to give our employees more S.H.I.T. than anyone else. If you feel that you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the course, please see your supervisor. You will be immediately placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list, and our supervisors are especially skilled at seeing you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle.

Employees who don't take their S.H.I.T. seriously will be placed in DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEE EVALUATION PROGRAMS (D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T.).

Those who fail to take D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T. seriously will have to go to EMPLOYEE ATTITUDE TRAINING (E.A.T. S.H.I.T.).

Since our supervisors took S.H.I.T. before they were promoted, they don't have to do S.H.I.T. anymore, and are all full of S.H.I.T. already.

If you are full of S.H.I.T., you may be interested in a job teaching others. We can add your name to our BASIC UNDERSTANDING LIST of LEADERS (B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.).

For employees who are intending to pursue a career in management and consulting, we will refer you to the department of MANAGERIAL OPERATIONAL RESEARCH EDUCATION (M.O.R.E. S.H.I.T.). This course emphasizes how to manage M.O.R.E. S.H.I.T..

If you have further questions, please direct them to our HEAD OF TEACHING, SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (H.O.T. S.H.I.T.).

Thank you,
    BOSS IN GENERAL, SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING (B.I.G. S.H.I.T.).

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    The Director Under the Main Bureau of Super High Intensity Training. (The D.U.M.B. S.H.I.T.).
  12. justin boggan wrote
    I saw this as somebody's signature at another board:

And so, God came forth and proclaimed widescreen is the best.
    Sony 16:9

applause
  13. Saw this today:

Windows Vs Ford

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

"If Ford had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, Ford issued a press release stating:

If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash.........twice a day.
    2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
    3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
    4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
    5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.
    6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.
    7. The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.
    8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
    9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
    10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.
  14. That Ford statement made me genuinely LOL. biggrin
    Thank you for sharing... it really was the highlight of my day.

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  15. Saw this today:

A minister is stopped by a state trooper for speeding. The trooper smells alcohol on his breath and sees an empty wine bottle on the floor.

The trooper asks, "Sir, have you been drinking?"

The minister replies, "Just water."

The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?"

And the minister looks down at the bottle and says, "Good Lord, He's done it again!"