• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I was very surprised to hear that version of HANGING ROCK actually, as I know Smeaton was always annoyed that Weir used the Zamfir material over his music. To hear a Smeaton arrangement of the piece was truly strange - because I could tell it had to be him, but knew the personal background made it unlikely. There you go!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2021
    This was the first thread about the 'quiz' we were talking about ressurecting in the Zoom chat (and I'm now ressurecting the thread 12 years later for your convenience -- just type in 'guess' in the search field to find all the others). A total of 28 game threads were created before it died out in 2008. At this point, I'm not sure it needs to be in its own 'game' category anymore, but I guess everyone's settings is set at 'view all categories' anyway, so makes no difference.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2021
    By the way, when this game was created, it was before Shazaam and other music recognition software. If this gets off the ground again, I hope we can trust people not to use those apps, as that would kinda defeat the purpose.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I think I won one once. Or nearly won.

I used to love these games.
  2. Would Shazaam and the rest identify much film music?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Would Shazaam and the rest identify much film music?

Yes, it's pretty impressive. Especially if it's from recent albums that are widely available digitally.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Oh man! I didn't even know an app like that existed that would work with film music! Yeah, that would totally be cheating and take the fun out of it. Maybe that's why Score: The Podcast played their clips backwards in the first season, haha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2021
    So....who will take it upon themselves to do this quiz?
    I am extremely serious.