• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009
    Penis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    I thought of another one today:

PUBIC ENEMIES
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009 edited
    Or Public Enemas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Or Public Enemas?

He, he...yeah. I guess some would get a kick out of that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009 edited
    shocked This is the ODDEST thread EVER. shocked
    angry You are all WEIRDOS. angry

Schindler's Clits
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    shocked This is the ODDEST thread EVER. shocked
    angry You are all WEIRDOS. angry

Schindler's Clits

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    Back to the original topic of this thread for a moment:

So I finally got around to this latest Lars von Trier "shocker" after having read raving reviews from my colleagues at montages.no.

Well, it had some shocking scenes alright. I admit to turning away in some of the mutilation scenes towards the end. But of course, this is more than a cheap scare or shock values. On the surface, this is the story about a couple dealing with the loss of their child, confronting their fears in a cabin in the woods. But beyond that, it's also about revelling in dark and nightmarish phobia, about confronting and battling Nature - inside and outside.To enter into von Trier's mind is like entering into an excercise in symbolic imagery.

You won't find any SCARES here. It's not a horror movie. It's all about mood and a sense of UNEASINESS throughout. Imagine Tarkovsky (to which the film is dedicated) channelled through a hardcore version of David Lynch. It's really quite something, and difficult to describe. It's better experienced.

As usual with von Trier, there is little music, at least no non-diegetic music. However, it DOES have a unique sound design - almost natural, droning sounds emanating from deep within the body. It's not something I would listen to on its own, of course, but it's incredibly spellbinding, almost as if you're reverting to a strictly sensory state without any sense of time and place.

One of the best films of 2009, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    I have seen some fragments, and i know what you mean. Must watch it in full, sometime soon.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.