• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007 edited
    Im trying to get my wishlist together...
    What would you suggest for the best score to get this christmas?I was leaning towards... DaVinci Code, but I don't know...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    bartley wrote
    Im trying to get my wishlist together...
    What would you suggest for the best score to get this christmas?I was leaning towards... DaVinci Code, but I don't know...

Da Vinci is a good score..........and that's coming from a non Zimmer fan biggrin

It's very hard to suggest a "best" score without knowing your favourite composers and what you own of there output?

Do you have Perfume? That's my personal favourite of 2007 releases.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Dont have that one. Who's it by?

Oh; I like Zimmer, Gregson-Williams, Kamen, Powell, Shore...
    mainly adventure scores... I also like Barry, Williams (not too much) but thats a general over
    view.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    bartley wrote
    Dont have that one. Who's it by?

Oh; I like Zimmer, Gregson-Williams, Kamen, Powell, Shore...
    mainly adventure scores... I also like Barry, Williams (not too much) but thats a general over
    view.

Perfume is by Reinhold Heil, Johnny Klimek & Tom Tykwer, it's still available and, almost without exception, was a massive hit with all the Scorereviews ( that's us wink ) people.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you have John Barry's The Lion In Winter or The Last Valley?

Both are fantastic choral scores, in the case of the former it's in my top 10 film scores of all time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008
    I was wondering if anyone will be on-line Christmas day? I'll definitely be here, port in hand for a few hours smile cocktail
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, I will be. I'll probably be playing my Indy scores while trying to avoid family.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, I will be. I'll probably be playing my Indy scores while trying to avoid family.

Is it a large family get together at yours over christmas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008 edited
    Just grandparents, aunt and uncle and a few cousins... I'm only interested in the food to be honest.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Just grandparents, aunt and uncle and a few cousins... I'm only interested in the food to be honest.

...and the beer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote

More honesty is impossible wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

biggrin I feel you; we'll have the same but unfortunately i won't have internet access where i'll be at Christmas day!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm interested in the gifts.

I celebrate it with my parents, brother and sister. And on the 25th with a bit more family. Not too crowded, that's for when I'm in London.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You still get gifts? You're a lucky $)%()#(
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I need to buy for the other people, we all buy for everyone. And since I earn money now, they expect no more worthless gifts. shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Need? Buy presents for others? Where does it say that biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah, when I was born, I had to sign a contract.

I clearly hadn't read the small print. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This is a movie day for me. I have a friend who enjoys film and we might see three of them. Marley and Me, Valkyrie, and CCBB.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    This is a movie day for me. I have a friend who enjoys film and we might see three of them. Marley and Me, Valkyrie, and CCBB.

Let us know what you think Tom.
  1. Timmer wrote
    I was wondering if anyone will be on-line Christmas day? I'll definitely be here, port in hand for a few hours smile cocktail

I should be around at some point during the day - but not at 6:00pm. THAT'S reserved for this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm not very sentimental these days but that dog looks so cute and full of mischief cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    I'm not very sentimental these days but that dog looks so cute and full of mischief cheesy

What?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote

Dooooggggggg lick

Remember Tom, in China a dog isn't just for Christmas, there should still be some left for Boxing day. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    11:00AM - Get up with a tiny hangover from the careful amount of alcohol consumed the previous night.
    12:00PM - Start opening gifts
    12:45PM - Put on the Indy box set for the first time
    1:30PM - Have Christmas dinner
    2:15PM - Stick on any games I receive on the Xbox.
    3:15PM - Stick on the Indy box set again.
    6:00PM - Go hunting for all the great food that only seems to appear at Christmas time....mmm, ham and cheese things in pastry. lick
    7:00PM - See what's on TV, get stuck into some film.
    9:00PM - Put on Afrika for the very first time.
    9:30PM - Stick on the Indy box set again.
    10:30PM - Come on MT to say my entire plan was ruined by going to see family instead. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    10:30PM - Come on MT to say my entire plan was ruined by going to see family instead. tongue

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    12:45PM - Put on the Indy box set for the first time
    3:15PM - Stick on the Indy box set again.
    6:00PM - Go hunting for all the great food that only seems to appear at Christmas time....mmm, ham and cheese things in pastry. lick
    9:30PM - Stick on the Indy box set again.

Amen bro.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Indy box set and Afrika are probably my two most highly anticipated scores/releases of the year. What's made it worse is I know they both arrived over a month ago and I surrendered them to my parents! And I paid for them! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2008
    The picture of the dog on the cover of the CD!!! I certainly wouldn't go to see Jennifer Aniston, yuk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2008
    Timmer wrote

Hopefully I'll be able to get online at some stage... probably quite late. As usual I've got a packed agenda over Christmas.

Tonight me and Kerry are going to stay at my mum's and we'll be there until about noon tomorrow, when it'll be off to her parents for our Christmas dinner. Then probably an afternoon of playing pool and drinking (the great thing about staying with her folks is that they have a pool table) before traveling to Mecca to see Walsall vs Stockport on Boxing Day. Then a "day of rest" on Saturday before Sunday sees my mum's 65th birthday party (with added celebration this year because it seems that after a year of treatment, she may have beaten breast cancer - you can never be sure, but the signs are positive). Then we need to leave at about 5am on Monday morning to come back here because Kerry must go back to work - but I haven't! So I can spend all day watching the things I recorded off tv - like the new Wallace and Gromit.