• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008
    Thor wrote
    Alrighty then, had a couple of beers and watched "March of the Penguins" on the telly with my family. Going out on a pub quiz with a couple of buddies now. Should be good. smile

Did you win??? biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NO! We came second. Stupid questions!!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

sad

Can you remember any of the questions?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

sad

Can you remember any of the questions?

Barely. I was slightly intoxicated.

What is the temperature in the outer regions of our atmosphere? 100 degrees, 150 degrees, 1000 degrees or 5000 degrees?

From what country is the car model SS-CAR?

What is Jardang?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008 edited
    shocked

I've nay a clue on any of them?

First Q : 100 degrees?

SS : Lichtenstein?

Jardang : some kind of Indian tea?

dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    shocked

dizzy

Not easy, I know. We didn't get those either.

Correct answers:

1. 1000 degrees
    2. It's actually a subdivision of Jaguar....so English.
    3. Jardang: Mountain region in Iraq!

One of the questions I was proud of getting right was who released the album "Controversy" in 1981. I didn't know at first, but reasoned myself to the correct answer based on title of album and time period....do you know it? smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    shocked

dizzy

Not easy, I know. We didn't get those either.

Correct answers:

1. 1000 degrees
    2. It's actually a subdivision of Jaguar....so English.
    3. Jardang: Mountain region in Iraq!

One of the questions I was proud of getting right was who released the album "Controversy" in 1981. I didn't know at first, but reasoned myself to the correct answer based on title of album and time period....do you know it? smile

Well, he wasn't a "symbol" back then, you're asking an old pop quiz veteran? It must be a sign o' the times that he was never destined to become the "king" of pop wink

p.s. 'Jardang'..... I knew that but god knows how long it would have taken me to get there!? dizzy
  1. I'm a bit late with my best wishes but:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I hope that everyone is having a great time and you all got what you were hoping to get!

Here, the children got a Wii - they had no idea that they were getting this and the look on their faces when they opened the wrapping was that glorious mix of disbelief, wonder and joy!!

So, it's been Wii Sports, Wii Music & Wii Fit for the last few days.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm a bit late with my best wishes but:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I hope that everyone is having a great time and you all got what you were hoping to get!

Here, the children got a Wii - they had no idea that they were getting this and the look on their faces when they opened the wrapping was that glorious mix of disbelief, wonder and joy!!

So, it's been Wii Sports, Wii Music & Wii Fit for the last few days.

Sounds exhausting Alan wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    This was a very nice and quiet Christmas. On the first Christmas day we went to my brother-in-law. They got a Wii as well, so we played a game of bowling. It was fun to try but I wouldn't want to have such a thing for myself at all.

christmas_tree

Then we played a game with presents. Each brought three 5 euro presents and with a dice you could try to win certain presents and lose them again of course. We didn't do bad at all. I won two of my own presents back (an ArtBag and a lottery ticket) and we won another lottery ticket, candles, a napkin holder, a bath set and some more. It was a fun game to play anyway.

Then we had a very nice diner. christmas_drunk

Yesterday was great as well. We just stayed at home and relaxed all day! I have been reading in my book almost all day and I felt like a child again. You know, no obligations, no responsibilities, just reading books. This reminded me so much of when I was a child and I read books all day and I didn't have to worry about a thing and there wasn't anything else I needed to do. Bliss! The kids were playing games and watching TV.
    christmas_reindeer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christmas has been quiet here too. I hope for the next few days and New Year's Eve to involve more partying and drinking. Still, I did get through many games of pool on Christmas Day. Excellent.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Christmas has been quiet here too. I hope for the next few days and New Year's Eve to involve more partying and drinking. Still, I did get through many games of pool on Christmas Day. Excellent.

If I remember correctly, Oz ( and New Zealand ) is the only place where you can win a game of pool with one shot? By potting the black off the break but only if no other ball goes in a pocket.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote

If I remember correctly, Oz ( and New Zealand ) is the only place where you can win a game of pool with one shot? By potting the black off the break but only if no other ball goes in a pocket.

You know how many friggin times I've done that? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES!??

I'm moving to Oz. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote

You know how many friggin times I've done that? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES!??

I'm moving to Oz. slant

Really!!!? shocked

Without the white going down? No other ball potted save the black? I've done it a lot of times but over many, many years.

Steven, get thyself to Oz and clean em up!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Okay, twice I've done it. But still, I thought that was quite a lot considering its improbability!

Oz is top of the list of places I want to visit. Must be attracted to the bugs, nothing to do with the beach babes of course...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thanks for that very useful piece of information! I'll definitely remember that when challenging my uncle tomorrow night.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    ...nothing to do with the beach babes of course...

Oh man, don't kid yourself. This place is cracked WIDE open. spin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote
    Then we played a game with presents. Each brought three 5 euro presents and with a dice you could try to win certain presents and lose them again of course. We didn't do bad at all. I won two of my own presents back (an ArtBag and a lottery ticket) and we won another lottery ticket, candles, a napkin holder, a bath set and some more. It was a fun game to play anyway.

We too play that game whenever the whole family is gathered for Christmas (uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins and so forth) - although we haven't had such a big gathering in a couple of years now. Cool to know that they play it in other countries as well.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Okay, twice I've done it. But still, I thought that was quite a lot considering its improbability!

Oz is top of the list of places I want to visit. Must be attracted to the bugs, nothing to do with the beach babes of course...

Have you ever been to Venice beach ( formerly known as Muscle beach ) in California Steven?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, never went there. Only to the cold coast of San Fransisco where skimpy outfits aren't so skimpy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    No, never went there. Only to the cold coast of San Fransisco where skimpy outfits aren't so skimpy.

Okay.

I went to Venice beach, a lot of Baywatch was filmed there and though I didn't expect iyt to be filled with dune to dune babes I also didn't expect it to look like a hot day in Weston-Super-Mare!? Sure there was the odd super hot bikini babe and the wash-board abs blond haired surf dude but mostly it was lots of out of shape fat people.

p.s. I LOVE San Francisco.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I got a crate of 24 small Looza juice bottles!

Mango, orange, pine apple, cherry, apple, tomato, banana, ... and obviously the ACE bottle too. lick
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote
    I got a crate of 24 small Looza juice bottles!

Mango, orange, pine apple, cherry, apple, tomato, banana, ... and obviously the ACE bottle too. lick

figures tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Love you guys and girls, MERRY CHRISTMAS, the best of wishes for good health and love in your lives from me to all of you who make this place such a wonderful one to be in kiss beer punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Love you guys and girls, the best of wishes for good health and love in your lives from me to all of you who make this place such a wonderful one to be in kiss beer punk

WAHHHAAAAAYYYYY D's BACK!!!! fireworks kiss beer cool

Good to see you buddy, did you have a good christmas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Love you guys and girls, MERRY CHRISTMAS, the best of wishes for good health and love in your lives from me to all of you who make this place such a wonderful one to be in kiss beer punk

Amen to that! kiss beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    Fourteen scores in two days! cheesy Indeed a very good Christmas. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Love you guys and girls, the best of wishes for good health and love in your lives from me to all of you who make this place such a wonderful one to be in kiss beer punk

WAHHHAAAAAYYYYY D's BACK!!!! fireworks kiss beer cool

Good to see you buddy, did you have a good christmas?

Yeap! You? kiss beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008 edited
    Here's what i've been doing biggrin beer eat

http://users.auth.gr/~dichrist/cyprus-kebab.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked

AT first glance it SO looked like you were shooting it.

(Well, you were, obviously, but I meant with a gun rather than a camera... Guess I've seen too much of the news these last days...shame)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn