• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    I put up a handful of mood pics from our family house this Christmas:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 … amp;ref=mf
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote

NICE! shocked
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Looks like the kind of place one would get a very warm welcome. Thanks for sharing beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009 edited
    christmas_tree christmas_biggrin christmas_tree

My All Time Favourite Feelgood X-mas Song

Just love that Phil Spector'ish 'wall of sound' production on this punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my friends here!
    May you always be happy and blessed! kiss smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Looks like the kind of place one would get a very warm welcome. Thanks for sharing beer

It does, doesn't it? About 5 years ago, my parents bought this old, "mansion"-like house downtown and it's got a LOT of soul (as you can probably see from the pics). The famous playwright Henrik Ibsen allegedly used to stop by for a drink back in the mid 1800's.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my friends here!
    May you always be happy and blessed! kiss smile

beer kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    christmas_tree christmas_biggrin christmas_tree

My All Time Favourite Feelgood X-mas Song

Just love that Phil Spector'ish 'wall of sound' production on this punk cool

Nobody else got a favourite cheesy Christmas song?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I never used to until this Christmas: Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name Of'.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I never used to until this Christmas: Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name Of'.

Ahhhhh, the Christmas spirit is strong with this one. rolleyes

I'm all for a campaign that defeats Simon Cowell but Rage Against The Machine? 'Killing In The Name'? rolleyes

great
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I get the overwhelming urge to stick a knife in my temple whenever I hear Christmas songs. I do like Christmas and the whole Christmasy spirit vibe, but in a more subtle and dignified way! wink (If there is such a thing.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Actually, I found one. Enjoy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote

Hehe, I wonder if he's genuinely retarded, or whether he's just pretending.

Talking youtube and Christmas, I enjoy this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkx3ysAVViI

Peter christmas_biggrinchristmas_reindeerchristmas_reindeerchristmas_reindeerchristmas_reindeerchristmas_reindeer

PS. Steven, I'm sure you'd enjoy AronRa's other videos as well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
    Steven wrote
    I get the overwhelming urge to stick a knife in my temple whenever I hear Christmas songs. I do like Christmas and the whole Christmasy spirit vibe, but in a more subtle and dignified way! wink (If there is such a thing.)

Yes there is, but only if you love RVW, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev etc etc beer

Personally I have a soft spot for cheesy Christmas songs but they tend to be ( my childhood faves ) like the above Wizzard and Slade, Wham, even Paul McCartney ( forgive me o' mighty one )....but not Cliff vomit

For me it's a nostalgia thing, despite my love of those tracks I don't have them on CD ( though I do own many of them on old 45's wink cheesy )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

uhm

Steven, that's hilarious! (Bearing in mind that most cheesy Christmas songs sound disgusting to me too wink )
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Old man scrooge is still alive and well I see! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Had a reasonable Christmas. Christmas Day was spread between three locations. Woke up here in Bristol - had some nice presents, most notably Beatles Rock Band for the Xbox which I look forward to playing on New Year's Eve. Then went to my mum's for Christmas dinner which was nice, but she wasn't very well. (She seems to have fought off cancer for the second time which is wonderful but there's something else wrong with her now - not sure what - awaiting results of an MRI scan.) Then off to Kerry's parents which was nice (her dad has a pool table at home which is fantastic).

The football match I was meant to go to on Boxing Day was postponed because of the weather so we went to Warwick Castle instead, which is a nice place to visit (and all the better since it was free, as Kerry's sister works there and got us in). Saw Avatar on Sunday which I thought was tremendous, had a party at my friend's house yesterday and have had a day at home doing nothing today, which was nice. Back to work tomorrow sad

The highlight of the holiday was logging on briefly here and laughing myself almost into a heart attack at some of the comments posted in the Hans Zimmer thread over the last few days!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009 edited
    You were going to go watch the football? God, I guess there really wasn't anything good on TV over the Christmas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Steven wrote
    You were going to go watch the football? God, I guess there really wasn't anything good on TV over the Christmas.

I go to about 30 matches a year! It's my other great passion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009 edited
    Passion is good.

I personally find football culture just as insufferable as religion at times. I've been asked many times what team I support, to which I've always answered "Whomever beats your team."

This will no doubt stand me in good stead with you, I'm sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Passion is good.

I personally find football culture just as insufferable as religion at times. I've been asked many times what team I support, to which I've always answered "Whomever beats your team."

This will no doubt stand me in good stead with you, I'm sure.

"whomever beats your team" should never, under any circumstances be said to any Millwall fan....unless you're as confidant in running as Usain Bolt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well, I only say it if the guy is of equal size to me or smaller. Or if she's a girl... I mean, what's a girl going to do!? cheesy

...wait, is that Bregje wielding an axe in the distance? uhm
    Nope, it's Stavi. I'm dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's a girl going to do? Oh my friend, there are some British football fan-gals that would kick you in the nuts so hard you'd instantly faint. You know better smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

which club do you supporter for James?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

Walsall.

No comments necessary.
  2. Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

Walsall.

No comments necessary.

which division is that? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Walsall.

No comments necessary.

League One. (Which, naturally enough, is the third division down.)
  3. Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Walsall.

No comments necessary.

League One. (Which, naturally enough, is the third division down.)

so so, pretty decent then?