• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    A possible replacement for Lost premiers on Thursday.

Trailer here

Music by Ramin Djawadi.. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The premise looks good and I can see that I'd be easily hooked.

But I felt like that with LOST too and that turned out to be utter garbage.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It doesn't look as nearly compelling a Lost originally did, but I'll give it a watch as come May next year my two favourite shows will be no more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    It doesn't look as nearly compelling a Lost originally did, but I'll give it a watch as come May next year my two favourite shows will be no more.

Does "24" ends at the end of season 8?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Does "24" ends at the end of season 8?

I thought they would do then the movie, and that would be the end
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Their contract runs out at the end of season 8 but they are happy to keep going if Fox renew the series and they can keep writing new stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    A possible replacement for Lost premiers on Thursday.

Trailer here

Music by Ramin Djawadi.. slant

My replacement is Dexter!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Which season are you watching now Erik?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Which season are you watching now Erik?

We are anxiously awaiting the beginning of season 4 which begins on the 27th! I still consider season 2 to be the finest season of TV I've ever seen.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Season 2 was excellent, I've just started season 3 which seems weaker but still promising.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Season 2 was excellent, I've just started season 3 which seems weaker but still promising.

Well, there was no way they were going to top season 2. Season 3 does indeed start off slow but gradually builds and builds and gets really interesting!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I love Dexter too. I haven't missed the start of season 3 on ITV have I, Tim?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

I am afraid it's going to be crap. Like Fringe.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009
    Southall wrote
    I love Dexter too. I haven't missed the start of season 3 on ITV have I, Tim?

No.

I was given the first few episodes of season 3 ( 1-6 ) by a friend, I'm waiting for the rest.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Just so people remember, IYHO.

For what it's worth, I'd certainly recommend Fringe for people looking for something to watch that can be quite intriguing when it's firing on all cylinders.

I'm currently watching a new show - Warehouse 13. The third episode of the first season was on Sci-Fi (SyFy in the US now?) and I'm still not sure whether I'm going to stick with it or not. I'm not keen on any of the main characters and some of the plot details are just skimmed over in 1-2 brief sentences without much explanation.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

...and LOST.
  3. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

...and LOST.

Now you're talking!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Anthony wrote
    Their contract runs out at the end of season 8 but they are happy to keep going if Fox renew the series and they can keep writing new stuff.

In which case they should have stopped halfway through season 4!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Anthony wrote

In which case they should have stopped halfway through season 4!

Writing new stuff certainly isn't 24's forte! I still enjoy it though.

Demetris, I thought about watching Warehouse 13 but then forgot, so I've missed the first 2-3 episodes and so now can't be bothered.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Have we hit the point with TV shows that we have with film music - nothing nowadays will ever reach the giddy heights that they used to get to?

Will we ever see things on the level like the hatch being discovered for the first time or the reveal that Nina was the mole in CTU? I don't mean those shows reaching that level again, but any new show that I try and get into never comes close. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Have we hit the point with TV shows that we have with film music - nothing nowadays will ever reach the giddy heights that they used to get to?

Curiously, I think television is more "of its time" than film, and so in all likelihood, it will. With television, the things I am waiting to see something better than are The Sopranos, Six Feet Under and The West Wing. That my three favourite shows were all made within the last ten years tells me that there's plenty of scope for more great shows to come along.

24 was pretty much the first of its kind - a continuous-story action series. I'm sure there will be plenty more in its wake. Lost is and always has been complete garbage (though compelling garbage) - I'd love to see it done properly, and I'm sure some day it will be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

...and LOST.

Now you're talking!

Well, to the point it seems to be heading for the finale, i have to agree with you. I hope i'll be proven wrong. But Fringe started off with such a premise and every episode i tried to watch was 2009-ized X-files crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    But Fringe started off with such a premise and every episode i tried to watch was 2009-ized X-files crap.

I think Fringe has nothing to do with The X Files (still the best sci-fi TV show ever!) but with Lost. Am I the only one that is already getting tired of JJ Abrams time / space obsessions?

Everybody, do yourself a favor and go watch Supernatural.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've had enough of "cult" sci-fi and supernatural shows (I watched a bit of Supernatural and it really didn't interest me), so I think I'm going to buy the complete West Wing series when I have a bit more moneys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marcel, i did listen to your advice but Supernatural is very light-hearted and cheesy for my tastes, those 2 dudes' dialogues and facial expressions seem ridiculous to me at times. Unwatchable. As for their plots, with very few exceptions, it's totally non-believable stuff.

But i agree with Steven that there's an overdose of sci-fi / pseudo-science in tv these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    As for their plots, with very few exceptions, it's totally non-believable stuff.

But that´s sci-fi! Anyway, at least you tried wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, that's supernaturalism! Sci-fi, the good ones, are grounded in at least some sense of reality (which I always favour).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009 edited
    There´s a very thin red line between what can be considered "sense of reality" and what not. I mean, is Lost in that category and not Supernatural or Fringe? If so, why? Let´s face it, Lost is very addictive, technically excellent, and has given us the best music we´ve heard in TV ever. But "Lost" and "reality" can´t be in the same sentence, no matter how much dramatic background the characters are provided with to disguise it. It just does not make any sense.

That´s why I like so much The X Files, and I think it will never have an equal: it had the sense of reality you mention while dealing with sci-fi / supernatural stuff. A very difficult balance that they achieved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote
    There´s a very thin red line between what can be considered "sense of reality" and what not. I mean, is Lost in that category and not Supernatural or Fringe? If so, why? Let´s face it, Lost is very addictive, technically excellent, and has given us the best music we´ve heard in TV ever. But "Lost" and "reality" can´t be in the same sentence, no matter how much dramatic background the characters are provided with to disguise it. It just does not make any sense.

Lost is definitely in the supernatural category, I agree.

But "best music we've heard in TV ever"!?!? Not even close! If you're only talking about weekly shows (as opposed to tv movies and miniseries) then I'd agree it's the best around at the moment.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    I've had enough of "cult" sci-fi and supernatural shows (I watched a bit of Supernatural and it really didn't interest me), so I think I'm going to buy the complete West Wing series when I have a bit more moneys.

The West Wing is something I'd like to catch up on ( Mel watched it and told me it was excellent ), luckily I don't have to buy it....just borrow it cool

Howabout The Sopranos Steven? Or The Wire?