• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited
    5 years? Sheesh. It's almost as if he knew the future...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, Lost is going into 6 years as we speak isn't it? I think everything's possible when you have the money and convince people.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, Lost is going into 6 years as we speak isn't it? I think everything's possible when you have the money and convince people.

A whole year of ideas stretched to fill six...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Channel 5 has been going for twelve and a half years and I believe this is the first time I've ever watched anything on it (except maybe for an occasional film, can't remember).

Anyway, quite enjoyed it. Hard to see it being able to sustain a large number of episodes, but you never know.

One question though - why do people on tv shows like this always have sex with their clothes on? What's all that about?

Very enjoyable and I'll stick with it.....for now.

Another question : Why were buildings on fire? Were people half way through lighting candles in multi-storey skyscrapers when they blacked out?

Cooking a pan full of chips?

What???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Channel 5 has been going for twelve and a half years and I believe this is the first time I've ever watched anything on it (except maybe for an occasional film, can't remember).

Anyway, quite enjoyed it. Hard to see it being able to sustain a large number of episodes, but you never know.

One question though - why do people on tv shows like this always have sex with their clothes on? What's all that about?

Very enjoyable and I'll stick with it.....for now.

Another question : Why were buildings on fire? Were people half way through lighting candles in multi-storey skyscrapers when they blacked out?

Cooking a pan full of chips?

What???

I couldn't quite work that out myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I saw a preview and I might watch one episode.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote

Who cares. Why were helicopters still flying into buildings several minutes after the event.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, that too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote

Who cares. Why were helicopters still flying into buildings several minutes after the event.

Indeed. I was really hooked after the first episode, but the next two or three will be definitive to keep watching the show or not.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    Oh-oh, does it have unexplained LOST-ish crap too? Yeah, we certainly DID find the successor of LOST here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't watch it anymore. It was rather uninteresting, also the characters. How lame was the [spoiler]"I saw the end of my marriage" or "the bracelet" or "the suicide"[/spoiler].
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    On reflection, my favourite character was the kangaroo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah. It ran away too. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    On reflection, my favourite character was the kangaroo.

Now you mention it....kangaroos....in LA? Did he manage to escape from the zoo in 2 minutes 17 seconds or what?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009 edited
    The fires? Easy. Cigarette ash falling on carpets, or whatever.
    Or helicopters that hit the buildings during the flash.

The helicopters? If they were doing no spectacular maneuver before the flash, they shouldn´t fall down as if the pilot vanished. But the shock from reawakening and realising what had just occured might be enough to get them crashed, then.

Or it´s just another bullshit series that doesn´t care. ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    I skipped watching it tonight.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I skipped watching it tonight.

Considering it's on on Thursdays you did a good job. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    The fires? Easy. Cigarette ash falling on carpets, or whatever.
    Or helicopters that hit the buildings during the flash.

The helicopters? If they were doing no spectacular maneuver before the flash, they shouldn´t fall down as if the pilot vanished. But the shock from reawakening and realising what had just occured might be enough to get them crashed, then.

Or it´s just another bullshit series that doesn´t care. ^^

If the pilot was incapacitated/blacked out for more than a minute. That's 40-50 second more than needed to crash a helipcopter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009 edited
    Interestingly enough, most of the crap popular series pull has to do with complete aviation-related retardation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    I saw an episode of Flash Forward tonight and I found it interesting enough to watch it again next week.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    Episode two wasn't bad. It was slower than the first which I think it needed to be, and it was intriguing enough to make me want to continue. One thing that is getting on my nerves is Djawadi doesn't leave a single scene unscored. The music never stops and it's quite irritating as it rushes the whole thing along. Let's see how long it takes before there's a pause between cues!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    I'll be watching again this week.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    I will watch flashforward tonight...

Is it good???

I'm not very inspired. too much publicity about is the new LOST.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think it's been OK, but the German subplot was very silly. If they're already on "filler episode" by episode 3, that's not such a great sign. Will they really be able to stretch it out for a whole season?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Episode 3 was awful, episode 4 wasn't much better, although Dominic Monaghan finally shows up. But the script and acting are still atrocious. I'm going to watch it a bit longer to hopefully get some of the big answers, but if they extend this past season 1 I'm giving up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Episode 3 was awful, episode 4 wasn't much better, although Dominic Monaghan finally shows up. But the script and acting are still atrocious. I'm going to watch it a bit longer to hopefully get some of the big answers, but if they extend this past season 1 I'm giving up.

I said all that about Lost... and yet I'm still watching! So beware. I find it hard giving up on a tv show after I start watching it. Perhaps that's because I'm thick.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lost I can easily handle up to season 5. Then it starts trying my patience.
  1. Southall wrote
    I think it's been OK, but the German subplot was very silly. If they're already on "filler episode" by episode 3, that's not such a great sign.

I was wondering the same thing, James.

I has such great expectations after the Season 1 finale. I'm beginning to feel now that I was duped by this into watching Season 2.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Ouch!

Heroes, FlashForward and Law And Order are axed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen … 119621.stm