• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Was this the show considered as LOST II?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010 edited
    Yes. Although it's nothing like Lost. And it got really, really bad.

So instead they've canceled it for Abrams' new show "Undercovers" which from the sound of things will be Alias II.

I just hope this Terry O'Quinn/Michael Emerson gig where they play two hitmen gets off the ground. Now that sounds good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Which begins, when? And how was Flash Forward, in a nutshell?

Plus, this:

Anthony wrote
    Yes. Although it's nothing like Lost. And it got really, really bad.

Can also be said for Fringe, if you ask me, from the little i've seen so far.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'll admit Fringe didn't start off that well, but after the initial 8 or 9 episodes it focuses itself more and gets on with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Ouch!

Heroes, FlashForward and Law And Order are axed!

I still don't understand what it took so long regarding Heroes. That show was crap after the first 10 episodes (I only dared watching season one).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting. If it gets actually good, i might tempted to start watching it now that Lost will soon be over! I need something to replace it with, preferably equally sci-fi and most importantly, mysterious.

I was looking at the cast of flashforward btw, it has cast from Lost too (Dominic Monaghan and Sonya Walger) and its premise screams LOST from miles away. That's a rather high place to set the bar at, it'll be natural that it'd fail eventually. Who wrote the music for this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I'll admit Fringe didn't start off that well, but after the initial 8 or 9 episodes it focuses itself more and gets on with it.

Indeed. Actually is something everybody agrees with. You have to be patient for the first 8 - 9 episodes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Ouch!

Heroes, FlashForward and Law And Order are axed!

I still don't understand what it took so long regarding Heroes. That show was crap after the first 10 episodes (I only dared watching season one).

Other stuff like Supernatural continues to baffle me too with their success, i want to hit the tv everytime the childish scenarios of that show and the annoying duo pop up on the tv.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who wrote the music for this?

Ramin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Other stuff like Supernatural continues to baffle me too with their success, i want to hit the tv everytime the childish scenarios of that show and the annoying duo pop up on the tv.

I love Supernatural. My fav tv show, after 24 of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Okayyyyy....see? wink

Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who wrote the music for this?

Ramin.

How was it like? The 4-lettered word?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I only watched four or five episodes, I don't even remember exactly. Same goes for the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, that good smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A lot of people I've spoken with (and including myself) gave up on Fringe after about episode six. The initial episodes are just gross-out fests with limbs coming off and disgusting creatures growing inside peoples bodies. But it's when they starting doing the more physics based stuff like alternate realities, strange equations and breaking into bank vaults by physically going through walls that it gets really interesting. It's all gibberish, but the little nuggets of explanation they give in most episodes is enough to make you suspend disbelief. I returned to it after about a year, and was pleasantly surprised how much more I enjoyed it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    A lot of people I've spoken with (and including myself) gave up on Fringe after about episode six.

Yes. I gave up on Fringe actually. It was a couple of months later that I watched it again (kind of a second chance) and started liking it.

Anthony wrote
    But it's when they starting doing the more physics based stuff like alternate realities, strange equations and breaking into bank vaults by physically going through walls that it gets really interesting. It's all gibberish, but the little nuggets of explanation they give in most episodes is enough to make you suspend disbelief. I returned to it after about a year, and was pleasantly surprised how much more I enjoyed it!

I agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But question is, will it prove more intelligent than Lost when it comes to actually giving explanations about things that are happening and keep you coming back to the show? How about the bits of explanations already given in Fringe?

Lost was a great ride and i am a huge fan of the show all these years, but disappointment is hitting one episode after the next and i am sure it'll hit us big time, let us down at the climax, right at the ending of the show in 2 episodes.

I enjoyed that ride greatly however, but i don't want to go into such a long walk of disappointments again. If i am going to start watching another new show from the beginning, i want it to be clever or at least very, very engaging as Lost was.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Fringe doesn't keep you waiting stupidly long lengths of time before answering stuff if that's what you mean.

Overall it's not as engaging as Lost, but at the same time

1. That will keep you from being let down in such a large way again
    2. It's the closest you can get to Lost currently
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010 edited
    I basically meant if the answers it gives are actually satisfying.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    They're more satisfying as they aren't built up as much. With Lost we're expecting them to be the greatest answers in the world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010 edited
    We are expecting the greatest answers in the world because they made us expect the greatest answers in the world since episode one dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As D said, it's been a great ride, but there's no way they can tie it all up in a satisfying way.
  1. Drawing things back to FlashForward, I thought that it started off quite well but it dipped severely before the mid-season break. Then the writers must have had something sharp and pointy put somewhere soft because the episodes improved markedly after the break.

There's a bit of "lets-throw-everything-into-the-plot-pot" going on but I think that it makes for interesting and exciting TV.

I, for one, am going to be disappointed that it's finishing. But also glad that it won't freefall like Heroes did after season 1.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    But question is, will it prove more intelligent than Lost....

Lost is not intelligent. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's why i said "more intelligent than Lost" smile