• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    On another message board I once created a topic where people could talk about their random acts of good deeds. The result was fun to read. I don't believe this thread exists here. If it does, then a moderator can delete this thread as their own good deed for the day.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    I watched a chicken cross the road and I made sure it reached the other side.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I also watched my best mate drink a bottle of absinthe and he reached the other side too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    Panthera wrote

On another message board I once created a topic where people could talk about their random acts of good deeds. The result was fun to read. I don't believe this thread exists here. If it does, then a moderator can delete this thread as their own good deed for the day.

Beware what you wish for. My friend, here some users hate to have fun because this is a serious place. And you are absolutely right that moderators delete others' created thread or message without any prior notice, moreover, those moderator have rights to have fun or write crap messages but if others do that, they just delete it right away. It might be quite unfair but for them its justice. Long live Moderators!

By the way, i really appreciate your intention for creating this wonderful thread. I say this is the best thread ever created on this forum. I request Mr.Bregt to make this thread as sticky. Every human beings should count their good deeds, but i say it would be very rare cases. Just above post, my beloved friend Timmer made me laugh. I like his sense of humor. So, there is possibilities seeing some humorous messages as well as serious messages.

All the best.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  1. Timmer wrote
    I also watched my best mate drink a bottle of absinthe and he reached the other side too.

lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote
    Panthera wrote

Beware what you wish for. My friend, here some users hate to have fun because this is a serious place. And you are absolutely right that moderators delete others' created thread or message without any prior notice, moreover, those moderator have rights to have fun or write crap messages but if others do that, they just delete it right away. It might be quite unfair but for them its justice. Long live Moderators!

By the way, i really appreciate your intention for creating this wonderful thread. I say this is the best thread ever created on this forum. I request Mr.Bregt to make this thread as sticky. Every human beings should count their good deeds, but i say it would be very rare cases. Just above post, my beloved friend Timmer made me laugh. I like his sense of humor. So, there is possibilities seeing some humorous messages as well as serious messages.

All the best.

Any thread that causes this.......thing to come out each time, is a winner in my books.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote
    Panthera wrote

All the best.

Were you dropped when you were a baby?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Panthera wrote

All the best.

biggrin

(As a mod, i feel the need to apologize for replicating the same text via quotes, but i strongly feel like repeating it a few more times yet 'cause its madness is beyond genius!)
  2. Sunil wrote

Fell better now?

At the risk of "towing the party line", I'm fortunate enough to work for a company who make products that heal the leg wounds of patients - some of these patients have had their wounds for upwards of 20 years (worst case). Every now and then we are shown patient story videos that recount their own personal stories and it can be quite uplifting.

Oh, and I held a door open for someone the other day...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote

More than once I should reckon.

My good deed of the day is that I have replied to none of Sunil's posts. In fact, it is my all time best deed.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    Part of my daily routine is to do one nice thing everyday and tell no one what I did.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    Part of my daily routine is to do one nice thing everyday and tell no one what I did.
    Thomas

The idea of course to do the deed for the right reason not to try and get recognition.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    People can also talk about good deeds others did for them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Yes they most certainly can. I can remember back and doing things and then telling everybody what I did wanting a pat on the back and an atta boy.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009 edited
    I don't think the point of this thread is to get a pat on the back. For the serious discussions, it might inspire others to do more good in the world.
    The news is 90% about crimes disasters, and politics, so I thought people might like to know that good things happen too, even if it is something as small as telling someone they dropped some money.

And also, jokes such as the chicken answer are good for a good laugh.
  3. Panthera wrote
    I don't think the point of this thread is to get a pat on the back.

I certainly misinterpreted the original concept for the topic - and I certainly wasn't looking for any grand applause for what I personally do.

The media is constantly focusing in on all the bad things that happen in the world, relegating the "less newsworthy" feel-good stories to the end of the news (if at all). Here in the UK the "And finally..." items at the end of News At Ten would be ideal items for this Good Deeds thread.

Although I haven't found one that really fits here I did smile at this example:

Little Green Men On Mars
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Where good deeds fall foul of increasingly restrictive laws?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8277378.stm

Police colleagues have a scheme whereby they look after each other's children - and fall foul of the law. They need to be registered childminders. (Close relatives, such as grandparents, are exempt.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    I think you missed my point which was I use to do some good things for the wrong reason. I've changed.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Steven wrote

Of course, not! Hmmm... What about you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Dreamtheater wrote

More than once I should reckon.

Really? I have a bad feeling about this. angry
  5. Dude, no offense but have a nice day. wink

Don't take it all so seriously !!! cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    No, no not at all. I know you very well.

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    It seems to me that no more good deeds in this sick world. Hmmm... what a pity?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, shame on us all. Don't worry though, 2012 is around the corner. And tsunamis too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I heard very sad news that there was tsunami in USA and nearly 200 people were dead. Do you know about that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indonesia.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote
    It seems to me that no more good deeds in this sick world. Hmmm... what a pity?

You could start by shutting up. Just a thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Why don't you do that? Just a thought.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    I heard very sad news that there was tsunami in USA and nearly 200 people were dead. Do you know about that?

American Samoa and Tonga in the Pacific more precisely.