• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
  1. weird, after such a long time
    goes to show in that country you're not a felon at all, and in others you're one

if he's guilty, I say lock him up and let him serve his time
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009 edited
    I'm actually sorry to hear that, as even the girl he allegedly had illegal sex with (now all grown up) has said that she doesn't want him imprisoned forever. This is not Fritzl we're talking about. I doubt he's any menace to society.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I agree. It should be dropped.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    I'm actually sorry to hear that, as even the girl he allegedly had illegal sex with (now all grown up) has said that she doesn't want him imprisoned forever. This is not Fritzl we're talking about. I doubt he's any menace to society.

Doesn't matter IMHO. Your indirectly saying to me that if I committed a crime 30 years ago but have been a useful member of society since and I'm not a danger to anyone its ok. What he did was wrong and there should never be a time limit. It is called statutory rape. Let him due 1500 hours of community service in the next year working at a home for battered women and children. And I mean work at the front desk everyday. I could live with that for a sentence.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Thor wrote

Doesn't matter IMHO. Your indirectly saying to me that if I committed a crime 30 years ago but have been a useful member of society since and I'm not a danger to anyone its ok. What he did was wrong and there should never be a time limit. It is called statutory rape. Let him due 1500 hours of community service in the next year working at a home for battered women and children. And I mean work at the front desk everyday. I could live with that for a sentence.
    Thomas

No, I'm not drawing any conclusions on the case itself, as I'll leave that up to a court of law. It has to be trialed properly first before it's anything to criticize. All I'm saying is that there are contextual issues here that must taken into consideration. I think it will cause MORE harm to the victim to drag her to this again rather than to just let him go (especially based on her own comments....she just wants to let this be bygones). In short, NO ONE has anything to gain from dragging Polanski through this.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote

this is indeed not Fritzl, but he still did something he should be punished for. And he himself confessed he did wrong. If you do wrong, you have to pay the prize. Lucky for him he was able to live 30 years of his life, and that's a crime onto itself
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Then let Polanski plead guilty and he won't drag the victim into it. I don't think he has ever said he didn't and was innocent. Doing the community service will put a closure to it showing that no one can get away with rape. There can be no exceptions. If it had been Joe Smith he'd be in jail right now awaiting trial. Celebrity status should mean nothing.
    Thomas
  3. sdtom wrote
    Then let Polanski plead guilty and he won't drag the victim into it. I don't think he has ever said he didn't and was innocent. Doing the community service will put a closure to it showing that no one can get away with rape. There can be no exceptions. If it had been Joe Smith he'd be in jail right now awaiting trial. Celebrity status should mean nothing.
    Thomas

I read somewhere he himself he was guilty, sadly I read it in dutch here, so it would be a little pointless to show you rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Let's just have the trial first before we pull any triggers, shall we?

That said, the best thing would be to minimize the case as much as possible. Again, why go through such a trial when no one - not the prosecuted nor the victim or anyone else - has ANYTHING to gain from it?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote

That said, the best thing would be to minimize the case as much as possible. Again, why go through such a trial when no one - not the prosecuted nor the victim or anyone else - has ANYTHING to gain from it?

justice can gain to it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The state of California has something to say about it.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

justice can gain to it smile

Not if justice causes more harm than good for all parties involved.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think I agree with Tom. If it wasn't somebody famous then I'm sure we wouldn't even have the debate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    I think I agree with Tom. If it wasn't somebody famous then I'm sure we wouldn't even have the debate.

Probably not, since celebrities automatically attract more attention. That said, I'm sure we would have the same principal debate even if it were a complete unknown, as long as that circumstances were the same.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pf. Bullshit. The girl probably digg him too.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't think that's the point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And what is the point? Arresting a world-known famous composer after 31 years stinks pretentious as fuck all over, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The alleged offence is that, when he was 44, he had sex with a 13 year old girl. Whether she "digg it too" doesn't seem terribly relevant to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote

I can't believe what I'm reading. The law waited for 31 years because he stayed away from the U.S. He would have been arrested a long time ago.
    Thomas
  5. The regrettable side of it is that the prosecution of this trial - assuming it transpires - will make it as public and attention-grabbing as possible. They so want a day in court that will put them on the front page of the world.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    The regrettable side of it is that the prosecution of this trial - assuming it transpires - will make it as public and attention-grabbing as possible. They so want a day in court that will put them on the front page of the world.

Exactly my point. If only the law and "justice" was as functionable where real crimes happen in the world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    The regrettable side of it is that the prosecution of this trial - assuming it transpires - will make it as public and attention-grabbing as possible. They so want a day in court that will put them on the front page of the world.

Exactly my point. If only the law and "justice" was as functionable where real crimes happen in the world.

I think I know what you're saying, but you keep seeming to suggest that what he (allegedly) did isn't serious. Is that really what you think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    Somehow I just don't think they get it. My advice is to never become parents. If he had done that to my daughter, god help him.
    Thomas
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

It is a real crime, unfortunately for Polanski. However I expect a showtrial was what he feared, and that's what he'll now get.
  7. I think many of you are not realizing that his lawyers and the judge came to an agreement that he plead guilty to one of the six charges, and then the 42 days he spent in jail would be counted as his time served. He plead guilty, and then later the judge tried to reneg on the agreement. There were a lot of shady corrupt things going on. In any case, knowing that he wasn't going to win out against a corrupt judge, he fled. He was also sued by the woman he had sex with and an undisclosed settlement was made. Even the victim now has pleaded for the case to be dismissed and just let it go. His arrest is nothing but a bunch of political shenanigans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Didn't know what you revealed Chris.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Now you mention it, I do remember reading that a while ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009 edited
    christilton wrote
    I think many of you are not realizing that his lawyers and the judge came to an agreement that he plead guilty to one of the six charges, and then the 42 days he spent in jail would be counted as his time served. He plead guilty, and then later the judge tried to reneg on the agreement. There were a lot of shady corrupt things going on. In any case, knowing that he wasn't going to win out against a corrupt judge, he fled. He was also sued by the woman he had sex with and an undisclosed settlement was made. Even the victim now has pleaded for the case to be dismissed and just let it go. His arrest is nothing but a bunch of political shenanigans.

Thank you. The Swiss government sucking up Obama's ass is what this case stinks.
  8. I didn't know that Chris, but that would explain a lot.