• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009 edited
    One of my favourite composers.

I have to admit I'm not familiar with all her works. It's hard to get my hands on a television series such as Galini, let alone getting the music which remains unreleased till this very day. It's somehwat frustrating, but I have to life with it. But I'm happy with what I can see and hear. The films and cds releases of Theo Angepoulous films aren't out of fashion yet. Trilogia II: I Skoni tou Hronou is by far the best score of 2009.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    About time I published a review. Any requests?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    As long as it isn't Music for Films (because I've got that one and I'm more interested in reading about other stuff)! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012 edited
    This is interesting!

Eleni Karaindrou - Musiques Nouvelles
    Conducted by Jean-Paul Dessy
    24 January 2013 at Flagey Brussels

The ensemble Musiques Nouvelles performs music from this composer (it's unclear if she'll be there, not much information) for the films of Theo Angelopoulis.
    http://flagey.be/en/program/12333/musiq … 2-ensemble

Have you heard of this Demetris (the ensemble performing her music?). More info when I know more. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012
    No, i don't know about the ensemble but it could be very interesting. Her music is primarily chamber-musical in nature anyway so it'll fit.

Info about the ensemble:
    Director: Jean-Paul Dessy
    Conductor: Jean-Paul Dessy
    Size: variable (from 1 to +- 20 musicians)
    Instruments:

violin, viola, cello, harp, flute, oboe, French horn, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, saxophone, double bass, electric guitar, percussion, keyboards, piano, accordion, bandoneon, electronics...
    Specific equipment:

sometimes amplified music and use of electronic devices
    Country Belgium
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTime7 days ago