• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    I actually liked them all, especially after viewing the films they accompanied. Reservetion Road and the Valley of Ellah had enough dramatic material and melody to keep me going and Gracie was a very soothing, uplifting listen.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    They weren't bad I suppose, Gracie was probably the best out the bunch. I think Isham's a fantastic composer - he's done some REALLY good stuff - it's just that score 'description' doesn't exactly inspire. They're using the sort of terms which usually suggest 'drone'. I might be wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008
    New Mark Isham CD's

PRIDE AND GLORY

CD COVER / INFO / SOUND SAMPLES

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10519

THE EXPRESS

CD COVER / INFO / SOUND SAMPLES

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10381
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    Mark Isham recently recorded his score to the new comedy from director Richard Loncraine, My One and Only, starring Kevin Bacon and Renee Zellweger. The jazzy scoring sessions were held at the LA Sound Gallery in Burbank, and ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring you the exclusive photos!

http://www.scoringsessions.com
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  1. Can this man spell sabbatical? lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009
    There's a quantity vs quality argument to be made, without doubt. He has a lot of talent but does appear to be spreading it a little too thinly at the moment. I live in hope that the next Cooler or Black Dahlia is just around the corner (though I guess the latter may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009 edited
    Let's hope this one approaches the brilliance of Isham's first score for this director...

---

CROSSING OVER
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Mark Isham

Harrison Ford
    Ray Liotta
    Jim Sturgess
    Ashley Judd

Immigrants from around the world enter Los Angeles every day, with hopeful visions of a better life, but little notion of what that life may cost. Their desperate scenarios test the humanity of immigration enforcement officers. In Crossing Over, writer-director Wayne Kramer explores the allure of the American dream, and the reality that immigrants find — and create — in 21st century L.A.

CROSSING OVER stars Academy Award® nominee Harrison Ford, Academy Award® winner Sean Penn, Ray Liotta (Good Fellas) Ashley Judd (Double Jeopardy), Jim Sturgess (Across the Universe), and Cliff Curtis (Whale Rider).

Mark Isham returns for his third collaboration with director Wayne Kramer (The Cooler) and delivers a moving and poignant score.

The Weinstein Company opened CROSSING OVER on February 27.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 958 2
    Release Date: 03/31/09
  2. I don't expect a jazz score, it may be rather more ambient.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I don't expect a jazz score, it may be rather more ambient.

I predict "a moving and poignant score."
  3. Still, can be more ambient biggrin

Isham has the rare talent of being moving, poignant and ambient at the same time.

But I love Crash.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    But I love Crash.

Me too. He hasn't really been on fire lately though, sadly. Seems to be stretching himself too thin.
  4. Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I expect and want another Crash wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

biggrin

On a general not, Isham has been tremendously under-inspired during the last couple of years. I don't think how that can make the difference.
  5. Don't expect too much from Crossing Over. I have recently seen the movie and while the score has its moments (nice guitar theme for the Mexican part of the movie) and was probably better than similar recent Isham scores (Running Scared or Pride & Glory), it doesn't come close to being one of his better efforts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2009
    Yeap; what i said then sad
  6. You know those times you visited CD stores and you had to choose which one to buy because you did not afford more than one (per CD store). Back when Waterworld was just released I remember stepping into a CD store that had both the soundtrack to the new movie Waterworld and the old(er) movie The Hitcher. I decided to buy Waterworld and yes it is one of Mr. Howard`s best scores but I still regret not buying The Hitcher. Actually I have since then never seen Mark Isham`s score to The Hitcher in any other CD store.

On Facebook I have sent several friendrequests to (more or less) famous people in the film and/or film music industry and most of them accepted my friendrequest BUT so far only on (1) famous guy from the film/film music industry sent a friendrequest to me on Facebook: MARK ISHAM. Strange but true. I feel proud that he wanted to add me as a friend, that`s for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    IF all those facebook famous people are really them wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

"John Williams" is my favourite.

Favourite films: Anything by Mr Steven Spielberg. I also quite like the films of Chris Columbus and George Lucas. smile

It seems a LOT of people (including Mr Goldwasser) think it's really him, given the number of birthday greetings he received on his wall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
  7. Christodoulides wrote

I actually chatted with Mark Isham.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, IF he's Mark Isham wink :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm pretty sure that one is Isham, or at least his PA. He is (outside Facebook) a very nice man and his Facebook musings are very much in line with how he is, so I'd be surprised if it were an impostor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Arnold, Wallfisch and McKenzie are real too.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same goes for Brian Tyler. Yeah, and McKenzie.

Who's next for a facebook account?

JESUS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2009 edited
    I'm recently "friends" with Ken Hall (if you don't know who he is, then go boil your head, and certainly don't bother asking me) and he's certainly him. Presumably all the second-tier composers who are on there are real. So far as I can tell, there are no first-tier composers on there.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I'm recently "friends" with Ken Hall (if you don't know who he is, then go boil your head, and certainly don't bother asking me) and he's certainly him. Presumably all the second-tier composers who are on there are real. So far as I can tell, there are no first-tier composers on there.

Perhaps you could ask him if he knows where Barry's original score for Raise The Titanic is? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Bregt wrote
    Arnold, Wallfisch and McKenzie are real too.

McKenzie is a real fine gentleman and friend, I am in contact with him sporadically, what a warm soul smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. Deborah Lurie is also VERY nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    CROSSING OVER

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … -Over.html