• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. After his son's death?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, really. slant

I try and not hold his disturbing personal convictions against his art.
    (As I do with the likes of John Travolta, or, say, John Wayne, or indeed Wagner.
    Tom Cruise not so much, though)

I know what you mean but I still can't help feeling a bit "coloured" by these things.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Looks like Mark Isham is releasing multiple versions of The Conspirator - same formats as he did with The Mechanic. Digital release is on 5th April.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011
    Let's hope the music isn't the same too.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2011
    MARK ISHAM's - the conspirator (2011) (cd)

lots of info here: http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2011/ … rator.html

3 seperate releases.
    simple:
    http://markisham.bandcamp.com/album/the … -s-edition

complete collector's edition:
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Conspirator-s … amp;sr=8-4

complete collector's edition 2ble cd signed:
    http://markisham.bandcamp.com/album/the … ed-edition
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    3 seperate releases? I smell a conspiracy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hehe smile He did the same for THE MECHANIC. Shame the score was nothing biggy.
  3. The soundclips suggest this will be a worthwhile listen. I may get one of the versions.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011
    It seems this is a very good score (although i haven't heard it yet) just by gauging reactions so far. Has anyone heard it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011
    I wonder if you have to live in America in order to buy the download from his website. One way to find out, I guess...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    ...and the answer is, no, you don't have to live in America.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    In America, there are no cats...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthoradragon
    I can only recommended this score. I like it a lot. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2011
    The warrior is pretty awful.....hope he leaves these synthy noisy dramatic scores for the old glorious orchestral sound he's so good at.
  4. Don't tell him that, though. I think at his Twitter he said it was one of the best scores he's done.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    The warrior is pretty awful.....hope he leaves these synthy noisy dramatic scores for the old glorious orchestral sound he's so good at.

your opinion
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    Don't tell him that, though. I think at his Twitter he said it was one of the best scores he's done.

I read that. How so?

sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

your opinion

How so?
  5. I don't know -- scientologists say things like that.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Anyone here familiar with any of Isham's non-film music? Has he done anything away from film that approaches any of his best works for film? I'm seeing that he did an album of music called Tibet, and wondering whether it might be any good...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011
    I have TIBET, it's good but only if you like 'world music' type stuff, it's very mellow, meditative like stuff, impressionistic rather than geographically ethnic sounding.
  7. Thanks, Tim!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    I have TIBET, it's good but only if you like 'world music' type stuff, it's very mellow, meditative like stuff, impressionistic rather than geographically ethnic sounding.

My kind of stuff, in other words.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Intrada also releases smile

ONCE UPON A TIME
    Due 05/01/12 (Out of Stock)

Label: Intrada MAF 7120
    Date: 2011
    Tracks: 25
    Time = 62:54

Intrada is proud to announce the release of Mark Isham's score to the hit ABC TV series Once Upon a Time that premiered last fall. Isham needed to come up with a score that spanned the entire spectrum of emotions -- not only breathing life into quieter moments, but also being romantic, sweeping, and epic. The result was a score for the series that is both beautiful and heartfelt and has become integral to the fabric of the show. For this release representing music from various episodes, Mark Isham has compiled over an hour of music carefully produced to provide listeners with a musical journey that captures the essence of the show. This release also features five different collectible covers, but the contents of all discs remain the same. The show focuses on Emma Swan, whose life has been anything but a fairytale. A 28-year-old bail bondsperson, she’s been taking care of herself since she was abandoned as a baby. But when Henry —the son she gave up 10 years ago—finds her, everything changes. Henry is desperate for his mom’s help and thinks that Emma is actually the long, lost daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. Even stranger, Henry believes that Storybrooke, the sleepy New England town he calls home, is really part of a curse cast by the Evil Queen, freezing fairytale characters in the modern world with no memory of their former selves. Of course the seen-it-all Emma doesn’t believe a word, but when she gets to Storybrooke, she can’t help sensing that everything’s not quite what it seems...

01. Once Upon A Time Orchestral Suite 4:13
    02. Henry’s Proposal 1:17
    03. The Queen’s Curse 2:46
    04. Jiminy Cricket 3:11
    05. Dealing With Rumplestiltskin 3:26
    06. Belle’s Story 2:37
    07. Dwarves 2:45
    08. The Huntsman 4:31
    09. Things Are Changing In Storybrooke 1:47
    10. Cinderella 1:44
    11. Wedding Dance 1:21
    12. Advising Ashley 2:26
    13. If The Shoe Fits 1:35
    14. Unhappy Endings 3:46
    15. Emma And Henry 1:43
    16. The Siren 5:07
    17. The Man With The Wooden Box 1:11
    18. Hope Will Return 1:48
    19. Rumplestiltskin In Love 2:19
    20. The Genie’s Wishes 1:58
    21. The Road To True Love 2:50
    22. The Family Compass 2:00
    23. Burn The Witch 2:34
    24. What The Queen Loves Most 2:30
    25. The Clock Moves 1:12
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
  9. Southall wrote
    Brief capsule review of Once Upon a Time:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2495

I thought it was okay, but nothing special. Several nice and noticeable tracks, but most was fairly forgettable

I want a release of Fly Away Home, now that's unforgettable music
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
    That's his best score. Unbelievable that it hasn't been released, given all the junk that has.
  10. you said it
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012
    I agree with both of you, it's a wonderful score and needs a release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2013

Heard the suite and loved it, now a score cd is announced.

filmmusicreporter.com/2013/04/02/42-score-album-announced/