• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Lemons" turned out to not be better. It did not pick up. Even average "Red Dwarf" is still entertaining enough, but for me, if it doesn't get mroe steam, I have other things to put my time into.

The crew accidently travel back in time (with a MacGuffin machine that, in contrast to other RD devices, is hard to believe) and encounter a man whom they believe is Jesus Christ. They try to help Jesus from getting killed, and help remove a kidney stone. And find some lemons to power the device to send them back to the future.

The jokes were kind of flat, Cat was barely feeling his character, Rimmer was iffy, too, and Kryton was kind of boring. And some of the pop shots at Jesus and Christianity were just insulting and honestly lacking the funny. This whole thing could have been a subplot cut to a fraction, in a better written plot about something else.

I hope the next episode is better. Lister apparently loses Red Dwarf and Rimmer in a game of cards to aliens.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012
    Lemons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgWni18o0HM

I actually laughed a couple of times, which I didn't do in the former two episodes. I rather liked when Kryten was explaining how a battery works. biggrin There are alot of good things about this new season, and I enjoy watching it. It's not belly-laugh material though as in the glory days of Red Dwarf.

Peter smile
  2. Episode 4: "Entaglement"

While doing the mundane, life signs are detected. Lister investigates alone without Rimmer's knowledge. A group of intellectually inferior aliens are found. Lister loses Rimmer and Starbug in a game of cards.
    To make sure Lister doesn't run out, a crotch bomb is attached to him. A series of events leads them to another life form in stasis -- another human being.

Kochanski update: she's not on Red Dwarf, and Lister & co. have no idea where she is. This leads one to believe they will work her back in at some point, since she's been mentioend in every episode so far, except for "Lemons".

So far, it's been like RD, but on autopilot. The end was a bit amusing and I don't know why I didn't think it was coming.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Episode 5: "Dear Dave"

Lister is depressed being the last human alive until a back log of mail from Earth brings a letter from an ex girlfriend he was in love with. She got pregnent. Was there three million years of Listers' on Earth?

Kochanski update: they keep mentioning her, even though she wasn't a show favorite by the RD fanbase.

Preview for the next episode: Red Dwarf is being attacked by an unknown ship, by an unknown person or persons. Season finale, or as they say over there: series finale. Yeah, only six episodes this season, despite later RD seasons having seven or eight.
  4. Another series, or season, is coming:

A new series of sci-fi sitcom Red Dwarf has been ordered by digital entertainment channel Dave.

Writer Doug Naylor is currently working on scripts for Series 11 of the cult comedy, with filming due to commence in 2014. The news has been widely expected for the past eleven months, following huge ratings for the previous series, the sitcom's 10th, during October and November 2012.

Starring Chris Barrie, Craig Charles, Danny John-Jules and Robert Llewellyn, the series follows the misadventure of a hologram, a human, a far-evolved cat and a Mechanoid robot, stuck aboard the mining space-ship Red Dwarf, millions of years from home.

Llewellyn, who has played Mechanoid Kryten since the sitcom's third series, wrote on his blog yesterday: "We are officially making another series but we don't know when. UKTV, the copmany behind Dave, who broadcast Red Dwarf X, want another series and we'd love to make one.

"It will be sometime in 2014, but I can't be any more accurate that because we simply don't know yet.

"As far as the main cast are concerned, Chris, Danny, Craig and myself are all very committed to making another series, Doug Naylor is working on it like a man posessed but beyond that it's in the lap of the GELFS."

Having begun on BBC Two in 1988, the sitcom originally ran there for 8 series, concluding in 1999. A cult sci-fi hit, rumours of a film spin-off continued for the decade thereafter, before the comedy was revived for a short ninth series, dubbed Back To Earth, by the UKTV network's digital entertainment channel Dave in 2009.

Co-owned by BBC Worldwide, the corporation's commercial arm, Dave is perhaps best known as home of repeats of many panel shows and cult comedies - of which Red Dwarf's early series had proved a particularly popular schedule staple. The sitcom's revival marked one of the station's first forays into producing its own original programming, and was popular enough to ensure the order of a full-length tenth series, broadcast in 2012.

As primarily a repeats channel aimed at 18-34 males, Dave rarely enjoys high viewing figures, but its two series of Red Dwarf attracted comparitively huge audiences. The Easter 2009 debut of Back To Earth remains their highest ever audience, at some 2.06 million viewers, whilst the opening of Series 10 last year holds the second-highest spot, with 1.59 million viewers. Although the figure slid to 0.98m by the end of the six-episode run, the series averaged an audience of 1.17 million - a significant success for the channel.

Dave have not released an official statement regarding Red Dwarf XI, but the series is likely to be 6 episodes in length. Recording and transmission dates are currently unknown, although Series 11 may well be being lined up for broadcast during a similar October-November period in 2014 to 2012's Series 10.

(http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/0000 … velopment/)
  5. A special on the scoring of the show (probably on a DVD set):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp0oo2_rnSM
  6. Two new seasons are now officially coming. But in 2016 and 2017 respectively (on Dave).

I hope it's better than the last new season, which was a big let down, especially after I r-watched all the episodes. Sure season one was very weak and sure seven seven was a big drop of humor, but they were better than auto-pilot RD that felt uninspired.

Man, that was a heck of a series finale (the season eight finale, which at the time became the series finale until ten years later). So much back story was dropped and we'll never really know what transpired there.
  7. It's hard to beleive, but season 11 is over. It was only six episodes long.

It was going along well this season, but the last episode was rather flat and a boring note to go out on. There was no season-long arcing ideas like previous seasons had.
  8. So far season twelve is as good as the last season, which was one of he best seasons they've had a while.