• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009 edited
    I thought I'd do a separate thread on my new "gig" at the Norwegian film site http://www.montages.no, as I will be adding articles - mostly on film music - here in the time to come. Unfortunately, it's in Norwegian, but since we have a handful of Scandinavians here, it might be worth posting. Plus the rest of you get to know the TOPIC I'm writing about, at the very least. Or you can look at the pictures and watch the videos! smile

The first article was the one about Morricone two weeks ago:

http://montages.no/2009/09/evighetsmask … morricone/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    And now comes the one on film music festivals that I've been talking a little bit about in another thread:

http://montages.no/2009/10/filmmusikkfe … nes-nisje/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Sorry I can't read it
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009 edited
    Nice Thor. I somehow think I know what it means. Is it okay if I send this to the Ghent organisation? Or perhaps yourself.

What is your next article?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Nice Thor. I somehow think I know what it means. Is it okay if I send this to the Ghent organisation? Or perhaps yourself.

What is your next article?

Sure, just send it if you think they will find some value in it.

I haven't decided on the topic of my next article yet. I'll be writing it sometime in the next two weeks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    A new article is up - about ALIEN - and although it's not a film music article, strictly speaking, it does mention Goldsmith's music a couple of times:

http://montages.no/2009/10/alien-1979/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Nice Thor. I somehow think I know what it means. Is it okay if I send this to the Ghent organisation?

So that they can finally stop saying they're the only film music festival in the world? smile
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    Du verden, for en velskrevet artikkel om Morricone! Gratulerer, gleder meg til å lese mer etter hvert. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    markrayen wrote
    Du verden, for en velskrevet artikkel om Morricone! Gratulerer, gleder meg til å lese mer etter hvert. smile

Takk for det, Mark. I hope to have a new up twice a month.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Oh! Thor, i cannot read it because its in different language. Do you have that article in English version?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    Oh! Thor, i cannot read it because its in different language. Do you have that article in English version?

I'm afraid not. Perhaps I'll translate some of it at a later date.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Great articles Thor, very well researched. Looking forward to the next one.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Is Danish almost the same as Norwegian then?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Bregt wrote
    Is Danish almost the same as Norwegian then?

Yes, pretty much. Swedish is pretty close too. So we can all understand each other, even though we have plenty of unique words as all. Most danes are aware of the unique words in norwegian and swedish, and vice-versa.

It's only a couple of centuries ago Norway was under danish rule, so that's probably a big reason why the languages are so similar.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    markrayen wrote
    Danish and Norwegian alike?! Huh???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

( wink )

He, he...one of my favourite Tufte/Eia sketches, that one! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hehe, must be confusing Denmark with Jutland. It's true, no one over there knows how to make speak properly.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Hehe, must be confusing Denmark with Jutland. It's true, no one over there knows how to make speak properly.

Peter smile

We have a summer house on Fur in Jutland (Jylland) that I've been to my whole life (since I'm a quarter Danish), and it always amuses me when I bring friends from Norway there. They don't understand a word of the dialect! ("well, a ske ba ne ti købman a haw me lil' bia!").
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    Thor wrote
    We have a summer house on Fur in Jutland (Jylland) that I've been to my whole life (since I'm a quarter Danish), and it always amuses me when I bring friends from Norway there. They don't understand a word of the dialect! ("well, a ske ba ne ti købman a haw me lil' bia!").

Hehe, you and the rest of Denmark. It's funny how such a little country can have so many dialects. You can drive 50 km, and suddenly people have a completely different dialect.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    New article is up, and today's top story of the site, "Lever vi i soundtrackets gullalder?" ("Do we live in the Golden Age of soundtracks?"):

http://montages.no/2009/11/er-vi-i-soun … gullalder/

Kinda appropriate timing, what with the BTTF release and all. smile

P.S. to Mikael - you'll see that I put in a special mention of your own work and site there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    Thor wrote
    P.S. to Mikael - you'll see that I put in a special mention of your own work and site there.

Niiiice! cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You can read Norwegian Martijn?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Of course I can! It's like a second language to me. My first job was programming binary load lifters. Very similar to Norwegians in most respects!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Of course I can! It's like a second language to me. My first job was programming binary load lifters. Very similar to Norwegians in most respects!

cheesy
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

Bah! Everybody knows that we speak the only proper Danish there is wink (Says the man who speaks with virtually no dialect whatsoever biggrin )

Martijn wrote

biggrin
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    New article is up:

"John Williams' ukjente sider" / "John Williams' unknown sides"

This is part 1 of 2, focussing on his jazz work:

http://montages.no/2009/12/john-williams-ukjente-sider/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009 edited
    "John Williams' ukjente sider - Del 2" / "John Williams' unknown sides, Part 2"

Part 2 of 2 of the Williams article is up, this time focussing on his modernist/avantgarde/experimental work

http://montages.no/2009/12/john-william … der-del-2/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009
    Hey, I just found Google translator, which isn't half bad in translating texts. What comes out in the other end is actually INTELLIGIBLE for once, even though the grammar is off, some translations are wrong (or missing altogether) etc.

All you need to do is to copy-paste the text from the articles and select from "Norwegian (bokmål)" to "English":

http://translate.google.com/#
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    I couldn't help but get involved in the Thor thread at FSM. To all it is worth a read.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!