• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    The legendary composer of THE ADDAMS FAMILY theme passed away today, at age 93.

Right now, I'm playing DON'T MAKE WAVES in his honour, a cool soundtrack.

I was not very familiar with his work myself, but he's always been a name that has stuck with me at least since the days I started my subscription to FSM (1996), usually associated with "quirkiness". Even his NAME had a kind of quirkiness about it. I certainly aim to check out more of his stuff eventually, especially that SUITES & THEMES album, as it sounds like very listener-friendly music.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    I loved the work of this comedy score icon of the sixties.
    Most will remember him for The Adams Family, The Ghost And Mr. Chicken, The Reluctant Astronaut etc.
    Thanks for all the fun music Mr. Mizzy!
  1. Other than the original Addams Family theme, my only experience with Mizzy's work is through The Night Walker.

I've never really taken to his comedic scores but the theme to The Night Walker is great - and been a part of at least one of my clip contest selections.

NP: The Night Walker - Vic Mizzy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Addams Family, one of the great iconic themes and one that I've always loved. I don't know Mizzy's work beyond this but it's sad to hear of his passing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I remember some of the Don Knott films and Green Acre's
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hmmm...apparently he was 93, according to various obits, not 87 as wikipedia suggested. Sorry about that. Either way, he certainly got to live a full life.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    He might not be our favorite (ask Erik sometime) but he certainly made his contribution. Those shows were wildly popular. In fact I heard the use of the Addam's Family theme in a Walmart commercial last night during the baseball.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Most of the time you only have to click your fingers and someone will join in on a rendition of the tune, such is it's impact in popular culture.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    He might not be our favorite (ask Erik sometime)

Apparently Mizzy was one of the nicest and funniest guys out there and a few of his themes and songs were extremely popular but I will have to say that doing a three hour tribute to his music a few years back was one of the most excruciating experiences of my life.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!