• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009
    lp wrote
    I'm surprised that your Omnia doesn't have it enabled since you have the GSM version. I had to install a cooked ROM on my CDMA version (I'm with Verizon Wireless), in order to have it enabled.

Perhaps it's installed and I don't know.

I'm trying to install real mail too...I don't know if you have to pay for every mail.

And I don't know either, if I'm connecting with Wifi or GPRS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    It's and amazing mobile. I only need 3 things:

1) a gps
    2) winamp.
    3)A easiest way to can...make a call phone!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    I'm surprised that your Omnia doesn't have it enabled since you have the GSM version. I had to install a cooked ROM on my CDMA version (I'm with Verizon Wireless), in order to have it enabled.

Perhaps it's installed and I don't know.

I'm trying to install real mail too...I don't know if you have to pay for every mail.

And I don't know either, if I'm connecting with Wifi or GPRS.

I have a data plan and i use the platform's own outlook program to download GMAIL. The dataplan also allows me to use Verizon 3G network for internet and all sorts of browsing.

Try this to find out...

Click on Setting>Phone>Services>GPS and select "Location On" .
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009 edited
    How I can put my own ringtone??? I mean a mp3 song....I only can put the costum ringtones!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    How I can put my own ringtone??? I mean a mp3 song....I only can put the costum ringtones!

I imported mp3s on my micro-sd, then navigate to that folder, open a piece (start playback) and go to the piece's properties, there's a "use as" option in my lg gt505.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Most importantly, what's a "costume ringtone"?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009
    hahahah, funny thing is that i read it as "custom" in the first place wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009 edited
    Ok. Done!

I installed :Spb Shell 3.5, Resco Explorer, Inesoft and IGO gps. (Corplayer was really annoying. A lot of errors and a complicated menu)

It's incredible how this cell changed with the SPB shell!!! It's a like a new one.

The good: FUCKING AMAZING!

The bad: the external speaker....too low.

the ugly: Nope, nothing ugly here.

I only need to know how lock the cell with a password.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    You don;t need the external crappy speaker if you have good earphones!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    You don;t need the external crappy speaker if you have good earphones!

Yes! I use to use it to listen music in my office.
    sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    IP, thanks for your recomendations! specially about the SPB Shell wich is really great! But...

1) How I can't turn off the screen when I'm listening music? because while i'm listening it remains with light and the battery dies pretty soon.?

2) How I can put a pasword when I lock the cell?

thanks!

PS:OH! i have installed my gps!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why, are earphones forbidden in your office?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nope. the are forbidden tongue

anyway, the Mobile is a beast!!!!! It's a fuckimg computer but easy to use!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Nautilus wrote

Here's how you can use MP3s as your ringtones.

1. Create a folder called My Ringtones on the MicroSD card
    2. Add MP3s
    3. .....
    4. Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    IP, thanks for your recomendations! specially about the SPB Shell wich is really great! But...

1) How I can't turn off the screen when I'm listening music? because while i'm listening it remains with light and the battery dies pretty soon.?

thanks!

1. I use the power button at the top to turn off the LCD. The music would still be playing.
    Settings>Personal>Buttons>Wake Up tab then select the radial for "Power Button Only".

I also have the Backlight setting slides all the way left/down.

2. I don't know about this. I generally don't lock my phone since I have it in my pocket all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    Ok. Done!

I installed :Spb Shell 3.5, Resco Explorer, Inesoft and IGO gps. (Corplayer was really annoying. A lot of errors and a complicated menu)

It's incredible how this cell changed with the SPB shell!!! It's a like a new one.

The good: FUCKING AMAZING!

The bad: the external speaker....too low.

the ugly: Nope, nothing ugly here.

I only need to know how lock the cell with a password.

There's a registry hack that you can do to up the sound level, though it's been hit or miss.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote

thanks!

1. I use the power button at the top to turn off the LCD. The music would still be playing.
    Settings>Personal>Buttons>Wake Up tab then select the radial for "Power Button Only".

I also have the Backlight setting slides all the way left/down.

2. I don't know about this. I generally don't lock my phone since I have it in my pocket all the time.

Oh! I didn't know about the power Button! thankS! because if you don't turn off the LCD you waste a lot of battery. ( But Still has a little light in the background, thought )

Anyway, you only have to search a little in the cell or install some little program and you can do whatever you want with this cell. It's really terrific!!!

I download a program when you can lock the cell ,not with a pasword but with a code "lights" dizzy pretty original!

Ressume:

I thought it could have been to complicated install programs. but it's not. In fact, it's pretty addictive!

Inesoft with a great dialer and profiles; SPB Shell 3,5 with a great design: Direct Icons, contacts, weather status; Resco Explorer; Memaid; Coreplayer (but I still prefer the touch player); Igo Gps; Lock the cell. a program wich improves the sound.

12 GB of memory. 5 mp camera and frontal videoconferance camera.divx. Office mobile. A lot of Alarms.

Oh! about the screen, it's very sensitive. Even with the small fonts of Windows mobile menu ( even when I almost don't use it because shell SPB has almost everything) the touch is so smart than you never do wrong!

A real beast!

(but the battery is not. Not even 10 hours! )
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Yeah, I really like the latest iteration of the SPB Mobile Shell. But it is a resource hog, thus the cause of poor battery time.

CDMA version of the Omnia, the i910, my phone, doesn't get the front camera module, so that's something that I would love to have. And my screen wasn't very sensitive so I ended up replacing the digitizer myself, and the screen is so much more responsive now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    lp wrote
    Yeah, I really like the latest iteration of the SPB Mobile Shell. But it is a resource hog, thus the cause of poor battery time.

CDMA version of the Omnia, the i910, my phone, doesn't get the front camera module, so that's something that I would love to have. And my screen wasn't very sensitive so I ended up replacing the digitizer myself, and the screen is so much more responsive now.

Oh! SPB shell wastes a lot of battery? I thought it was the GPRS connections.

I'm becoming mad because of this. I don't know what more do to save battery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi, if you are going to play with the phone all day it is natural that it is going to kill the battery ! When some time passes and you start to operate the phone more naturally, it will last longer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote

Honestly, if you're using the phone all the time, playing music and still get 10hrs, that's very good. I get around 12-14 hrs on standby, with the Bluetooth turned off, Email set to send/receive every 4hrs, Newsbreak receiving RSS feed auto-updating every 12hrs. Leaving your internet connection on all the time will drain the battery. If you're not using the phone, turn off all running features. You can do this by turning on the Wireless Manager widget through SPBMS...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote

Honestly, if you're using the phone all the time, playing music and still get 10hrs, that's very good. I get around 12-14 hrs on standby, with the Bluetooth turned off, Email set to send/receive every 4hrs, Newsbreak receiving RSS feed auto-updating every 12hrs. Leaving your internet connection on all the time will drain the battery. If you're not using the phone, turn off all running features. You can do this by turning on the Wireless Manager widget through SPBMS...

How you se the to send(recieve email every 4 hours?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    IP, I disabled the 3G. Some forums says it saves the battery. What do you think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    IP, I disabled the 3G. Some forums says it saves the battery. What do you think?

That should get you some more battery time. Right now, I'm at work and I'm on "flight mode" which means that there aren't any data coming to and from the phone. Though I'll gradually turn on certain aspect of the phone, so i can get incoming calls and then email, and so forth. I programmed the top side button, near the power button, to access the task manager, so that whenever I'm done with a program, I'll be able to end that particular task/process.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote

Menu>Tools>Options then select the account you want, then select "Send/Receive Schedule".
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote

Menu>Tools>Options then select the account you want, then select "Send/Receive Schedule".

Oh man! Do I have to pay you something???

Done. every 2 hours...

I think i killed the battery because the first time I charged it only 2 hours... sad

Anyway, OMNIA RULES!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote

Oh man! Do I have to pay you something???

Done. every 2 hours...

I think i killed the battery because the first time I charged it only 2 hours... sad

Anyway, OMNIA RULES!

Indeedy! By the way, did you get the version with the white casing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    Wow! I put a secret code and I increased the sound of the speakers and the earphones!

Not that Is loud!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited
    Ok. done.

My Cell is ready to burn.

I turned of the backlight, the 3g and I put the Black screen when I use the mp3 player. What happened? 5 hours and 90% of battery. (anyway I didn't used very much today)

SBP Shell 3.5, Resco Explorer, Memaid, IGo gps, Coreplayer, Inesoft( annoying , you have to see all you msn contacts), Weather, Lock code, checking my emails every 2 hours.

I increased the volume of the speakears and earphones tapping a secret code and changing the configuration.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    ...which voids all warranty and according to several telecom and tech websites may cause severe damage and mass autocombustion on a minature scale.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn