• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    My Nokia Xpress Music "died" some days ago.

I had to buy a new cell, and I didn't buy Iphone because its exclusive for so i searched for alternatives. What a surprise when I saw the fans for a mobile called Omnia was growing more each day. Then I saw the technical characterists and I was amazed.

With some flaws, Omnia is muh better than Iphone. So I can't wait to have this cell in my hand in a few days...

punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bravo, glad you're enjoying it!

I am pretty satisfied with my LG GT505 btw smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bravo, glad you're enjoying it!

I am pretty satisfied with my LG GT505 btw smile

oops! I see your phone is pretty good too :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I've been using the Omnia since November of last year. It's not a bad phone, if your phone had a good version of the resistive screen. I ended up replacing the screen myself, but gained a more finger touch friendly experience. And i also installed SPB Mobile Shell 3 and will soon switch to version 3.5. It's a resource hog though, but it's so smooth.

I would suggest that you visit one of the omnia forums for more tips on how to make the user experience more dynamic and less aggravating. Maybe the www.samsung-omnia.org forum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009 edited
    not a bad phone???

5 megapixel camera, 16 GB of space, 3,2 screen size, Divix player, compatible with Microsoft Office, GSM / GPRS / EDGE, HSDPA, elegant design, optical mouse...

Leaving aside the fact some Windows Mobile screen is bad for the touch thing, I thing it's hundreds times better than Iphone. (And Now with Omnia II and symbalion and his high resolution ....)

Anyway, If I had some problem I know what memmber of main titles i have to ask. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But does it have an app that tells you where the nearest Kentucky Fried Chicken is? I think not! wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    But does it have an app that tells you where the nearest Kentucky Fried Chicken is? I think not! wink biggrin

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! It does!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Really? Oh. shame

Well you're still wrong.. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I don't know ....

The Itunes sucks (specially for people like us :P), the camera is 2 or 3,2 mp, no expansion for memory, you can't change the battery, no frontal camera for videoconferences.

The only real amazing thing is the very sensitive screen.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And KFC locator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    There´s an app that allows you to know if a friend of yours is around isn´t it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    GEEKS! GEEEEEEEEKKKKSSSSS!!!! EVERYWHERE......GEEKS!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There's an app that locates nearby gay people.

There's a multiplayer scrabble app that lets you waste hours of time at work even if you're sitting away from your mates.

There's an app that simulates a punching sound if you do the right action.

There are close to twenty gun apps.

There's even a lighter app.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    GEEKS! GEEEEEEEEKKKKSSSSS!!!! EVERYWHERE......GEEKS!!!!!

Excuse me while I build my gigantic helium balloon and then blow it up for lols. Or does that make me a NERD?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Jordi will love this one.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

There's a multiplayer scrabble app that lets you waste hours of time at work even if you're sitting away from your mates.

There's an app that simulates a punching sound if you do the right action.

There are close to twenty gun apps.

There's even a lighter app.

Not as good as Derek Flint's cigarette lighter then? That has 82 different functions including bringing a man out of suspended animation.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    not a bad phone???

5 megapixel camera, 16 GB of space, 3,2 screen size, Divix player, compatible with Microsoft Office, GSM / GPRS / EDGE, HSDPA, elegant design, optical mouse...

Leaving aside the fact some Windows Mobile screen is bad for the touch thing, I thing it's hundreds times better than Iphone. (And Now with Omnia II and symbalion and his high resolution ....)

Anyway, If I had some problem I know what memmber of main titles i have to ask. wink

Don't get me wrong, it's a really good phone for the price. I got it for about $100 bucks. But it is so underpowered for the operating system (WinMo 6) that is on it. Meaning that the OS sucks because it requires so much resources that even a the Omnia's competent hardware seems lacking. But the great thing about WinMo is that there are so many people cooking custom roms for the OS, and consequentially, for this phone, that having the right rom will be the key to making the Omnia into a great phone.

Ask me anything if you have any issues. Though I would recommend the forum I had mentioned earlier. Lots of great tools and tips.

Nautilus wrote

Yeah, capacitative is the hotness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote

Does it look like this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    not a bad phone???

Don't get me wrong, it's a really good phone for the price. I got it for about $100 bucks. But it is so underpowered for the operating system (WinMo 6) that is on it. Meaning that the OS sucks because it requires so much resources that even a the Omnia's competent hardware seems lacking. But the great thing about WinMo is that there are so many people cooking custom roms for the OS, and consequentially, for this phone, that having the right rom will be the key to making the Omnia into a great phone.

Ask me anything if you have any issues. Though I would recommend the forum I had mentioned earlier. Lots of great tools and tips.

Nautilus wrote

Yeah, capacitative is the hotness.

Yeap I know what you mean, I saw the video review and the Windows Mobile is a little bit annoying to "touch" ( I don't know if you can install a better rom to make the icons bigger or something)
    But to solve this probles you have
    a) Stylus
    b)Optical Mouse
    c) New roms.

Anyway, I prefer a cell with a less cool touch system and the things I said:

1) internal 16 gb + 16 gb wth microsd
    2) 5mpx camera
    3) Compatiible with microsof Office
    4) Divx player (Why you want more resolution if you can't play downloaded movies?)
    5) a lot of aplicaions.
    6) a great battery (and you can change it!)
    7) HSDPA de 7.2 Mbps technology

And I use Windowns since I was 13, so I'm comfortable with the bars, icons, directories, etc..

Only two questions:
    What about the mp3 player? it has a good sound? what about the external speaker, it's decent enough to listen music at work??

PS:anyway, Samsung i8910 OMNIA HD it's the best mobile in te market. You only have to watch technical specifications that has improvet te mitakes from Omnia i900. Oviously I don't want to pay 700 euros for it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    4) Divx player

Gaah, jealous! That's the problem with the iPhone - you get stuck all of Apple's weird file formats. And NO FLASH damn it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

Does it look like this?

Exactly!.....but in pink.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    Only two questions:
    What about the mp3 player? it has a good sound? what about the external speaker, it's decent enough to listen music at work??

It's not bad, but the speakerphone isn't as loud as it could be.

See if you can get the Youtube app. More fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Only two questions:

It's not bad, but the speakerphone isn't as loud as it could be.

See if you can get the Youtube app. More fun.

Great.

I see i can change the rom and even install one thing called Inesoft Phone to make better the touch experience. It is not the same thing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited
    biggrin

Is it a phone or a transformer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi, my phone has the same specs! I got it an 8mb memory (for now) on microsd and filled it with scores, with the extra LG earphones i got ('cause due to the plug and cable they use it won't get any standard / universal earphones apart its own) along with the build-in equalizer the sound is amazingly good for the price-range of the earphones (just 25 euros) with very deep low frequencies and warmth along with very clear higher frequencies. It's this plug-type earphones with the little plastic caps that help it stick in your ear so it can isolate the external sounds, won't drop off your ears and provide a very closed sound with depth. I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Jordi, my phone has the same specs! I got it an 8mb memory (for now) on microsd and filled it with scores, with the extra LG earphones i got ('cause due to the plug and cable they use it won't get any standard / universal earphones apart its own) along with the build-in equalizer the sound is amazingly good for the price-range of the earphones (just 25 euros) with very deep low frequencies and warmth along with very clear higher frequencies. It's this plug-type earphones with the little plastic caps that help it stick in your ear so it can isolate the external sounds, won't drop off your ears and provide a very closed sound with depth. I love it.

Yeap! my earphones will have this plastics too.I hope they will be with Bluetooth!!!

Your Phone is great too, in fact Omnia and the LG ones ( specially Arena ) are the best alternatives for Iphone. Even if I can't call "alternatives" because in my opinion Iphone has great faults and they can't be compensate with a cool screen.

I bought this phone for 100 euros, and 12 euros x month for the connection. Now I only have to wait for a good quality of sound...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i don't know robust and strong they are, it will prove with the time, but as far as specs go, they have more than the iPhone, apart the shitload of iphone apps that i don't need anyway. I was impressed with the earphones' quality and the equalizer though smile I too paid around 100 euros, plus 20 euros per month for the contract.