• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008
    THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT, gorgeous stuff.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT, gorgeous stuff.

Too sugary. You want some of his wacky stuff.
  1. This would all be easier if you were all just "sexually pliant". tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Were what? You have something against gay people or what?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. In joke. You missed an event at MMUK, that had Shaiman posting with us. tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    In joke. You missed an event at MMUK, that had Shaiman posting with us. tongue

Which only works if everyone else is "in" on the "joke" rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. It can work if some are in the on the joke. Unless you think everyone has to appreciate something for it to be funny. There'd be very little to laugh about at that point.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    It can work if some are in the on the joke. Unless you think everyone has to appreciate something for it to be funny. There'd be very little to laugh about at that point.

Taken out of context it doesn't work though does it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. It does, if you've ever seen a movie with in jokes from other movies or TV shows.

Are you done yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008 edited
    But if it's an in-joke that very few people are going to get (since I don't imagine many here post on that forum?), it would at least be nice to have an explanation rather than simply replying with "In joke" and alienating everyone else who has no clue what you're talking about. dizzy

I think we should continue analyzing this joke just to make sure all the humour has been taken away.
  6. No, rest assured you KILLED IT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Meh, I'm sure it wasn't that great anyway. biggrin
  7. That's what they said about "Seinfeld" in it's first season.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Never seen it. Why would I want to when I have so many Zimmer scores to listen to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010
    He's a funny man wink From facebook:

"Marc Shaiman Music Directing The Oscars is ok, but I enjoy being nominated even more! Don't forget kiddos, I've had five, ya hear me, five nominations! (yeah, and five losses...damn those voters!)."
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010
    I will have to add him!
  8. Reviews of Marc Shaiman, enjoy:

- The American President
    - The Bucket List
    - City Slickers
    - City Slickers II
    - Patch Adams
    - Sister Act
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010 edited
    THREE STARS ONLY for City Slickers II?!?!

shocked

I think it's a masterful score which easily beats the original.

EDIT - Oh wait... Justin "Symphonette #2" Boggan wrote these. Now I get it! How in the hell did Justin become a reviewer for this site? slant

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. Erik Woods wrote
    THREE STARS ONLY for City Slickers II?!?!

shocked

I think it's a masterful score which easily beats the original.

-Erik-

I haven't heard the first, but the 2nd is at least 3 and a half, if not more
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    George Of The Jungle..the most entertaining Shaiman score by a long way, and it's not even properly released. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010
    There's another Shaiman score that has never been released and I think is great: Disney's The Kid.
  10. Anthony wrote
    George Of The Jungle..the most entertaining Shaiman score by a long way, and it's not even properly released. cry

true, there's some great stuff in that one, The Kid however I haven't heard yet

but he's a very good composer, that's a fact
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    Last year, composer Marc Shaiman reunited once more with award-winning director Rob Reiner for their latest collaboration, the coming-of-age romantic comedy <i>Flipped</i>. ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers exclusive photos from the scoring sessions at Warner Brothers.

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  11. Shaiman talks about scoring the South Park film:
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/06/20/s … c-shaiman/
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017 edited
    First post in this thread for more than three years! shocked

My review of LBJ, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2017/11/07/lbj-marc-shaiman/

Jon
  12. My review of MARY POPPINS RETURNS, for anyone who's interested.

https://moviemusicuk.us/2018/12/16/mary … c-shaiman/

Jon