• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It's time I start myself a discussion from a composer who's sound I immediately liked when he first composed Armaggeddon wink

Later on good cool themes surfaced, and in the end he even went to full orchestral scores, more he even advanced and matured in his style, his greatest sports scores are Remember the Titans and Gridiron Gang, his best orchestral score is Flyboys, and his most fun cool tune is the Launch sequence from Armaggeddon!

Who else here loves Trevor Rabin? cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    NATIONAL TRASURE
    GONE IN 60 SECONDS
    TORGUE
    THE GUARDIAN
    (THE SUITE, such a beautiful piece!)
    BAD BOYS 2
    DEEP BLUE SEA

Yeah baby! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. I think that his score to The 6th Day is his best. By the way speaking of The 6th Day, have you heard his composer commentary on the DVD of that film. It is quite good actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nop. Any scenes from the recording sessions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I love him. Not everything he does, of course, but Remember the Titans is special. I love Armageddon too, but most of my favorite parts are from Gregson-Williams and Jablonsky.

Whispers: An Elephant's Tale is pretty sweet too. The Guardian deserves a full release. And I'm interested to see what he'll do for National Treasure: Book of Secrets
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

GONE IN 60 SECONDS
    TORGUE

Yeah baby! punk

Noo! Not you Demetris!
    Are you kidding aren´t you?!
    I still remember when I bought "Gone in 60 Seconds" (before watching the horrible movie) expecting good things post-armageddon. Lucky me I couldn´t see my face after listening "Gone in 60 Seconds", what a pile of crap! vomit
    And the same goes to "Torque"; at least they had the decency of not releasing this other crap though.

That being said, I´m a Rabin fan, when he COMPOSES music:

FLYBOYS
    REMEMBER THE TITANS
    THE GREAT RAID
    ARMAGEDDON
    DEEP BLUE SEA
    TEXAS RANGERS
    AMERICAN OUTLAWS
    THE GUARDIAN (the suite, and as heard in the movie)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Lower case letters in a composer titled thread? Shame on you. tongue
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, yes. I love the fusion of electronics and heavily distorted rock guitars. I think they're pretty well-done, especially GONE IN 60 SECONDS. I'd take it over American Outlaws / texas Rangers anyday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, yes. I love the fusion of electronics and heavily distorted rock guitars. I think they're pretty well-done, especially GONE IN 60 SECONDS. I'd take it over American Outlaws / texas Rangers anyday.

Ok, two things we´ll never agree about: "Lair" and now "Gone in 60 Seconds" wink

By the way, looking forward Rabin´s National Treasure 2.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Love his stuff. Disagree about Flyboys being the best. my favorites are Armageddon, Deep Blue Sea & National Treasure.

I was very disappointed by Snakes on a Plane but I cant wait for National Treasure 2 and there had better be a score release....
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    I kinda like National Treasure, but otherwise the stuff I've heard really doesn't sit well with me. Haven't heard very much, though, so that might be part of the reason. He does pull off a good Thomas Newman on National Treasure, doesn't he? biggrin
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Give it some time, NATIONAL TREASURE, that score rocks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    Give it some time, NATIONAL TREASURE, that score rocks!

Yeah it's not bad at all. In fact I'm looking forward to Rabin's sequel score.

Remember The Titans and The Guardian (suite crazy ) are my favourites though.

smile
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Mogens wrote
    I kinda like National Treasure, but otherwise the stuff I've heard really doesn't sit well with me. Haven't heard very much, though, so that might be part of the reason. He does pull off a good Thomas Newman on National Treasure, doesn't he? biggrin

Thomas Newman? Where do you get Newman from National Treasure?

Odd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    tjguitar wrote
    Mogens wrote

Odd.

I honestly can't tell whether you're kidding or not.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    REMEMBER THE TITANS is his best score by far.

The only other ones I can swallow are ARMAGEDDON and AMERICAN OUTLAWS.

The rest is... well, do I really have to say it!

vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    Mogens wrote

Odd.

The piano motif in the open track... that's the Thomas Newman inspired theme.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I loved National Treasure, both movie and score, and can´t wait for Part 2. I´m really excited that they got the whole team back and included some additional actors I really like. Did you hear about the Cage interview were he said he´d do Part 3 immediately? They should just start to call the series International Treasure, and the possibilities would become endless. I agree, and I can´t wait what Disney is going to do with the film´s name next time.

In Germany, they have this strange habit of changing a movie´s title if they think the audience wouldn´t know what it is about if the original title stayed. The first movie was therefore started as Das Vermächtnis der Tempelritter (The Legacy of the Templar Knights), nothing about any National Treasure at all. Now with part 2, they got the problem of how to call it and make it obvious that it was a seyuel. Guess what? They call it Das Vermächtnis des Geheimen Buches, (The Legacy of the Secret Book). I´m sure audiences will immediately recognize this as a sequel, don´t you think?

The biggest massaker they did with Pirates of the Caribbean... they called them:
    Fluch der Karibik (Curse of the Caribbean)
    Fluch der Karibik 2 - Pirates of the Caribbean (well, you can guess it)
    Pirates of the Caribbean - Am Ende der Welt
    They needed three movies to get the title right.

beside all that, I´m really looking forward to Das Vermächtnis des Geheimen Buches crazy and its score specifically.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    The Glimmer Man is really good!
  5. Joep wrote
    The Glimmer Man is really good!

haha, it really too you a long time Joep to come up with that biggrin
    You know very well I utterly dispise that dribble tongue

Anyhoo, I indeed forgot to mention Deep Blue Sea which got some really powerful stuff
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    I like his stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Scribe wrote
    tjguitar wrote
    Mogens wrote

Odd.

I honestly can't tell whether you're kidding or not.

I am dead serious.

I don't listen to much Thomas Newman stuff; I find most of it boring, much prefer his brother David.

What Thomas Newman score sounds like National Treasure? Rabin usually has a distinct sound, I find it odd that someone like T. Newman who usually seems to write reflective mellow music would be compared to the power anthem guy like Rabin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

Me too!
    Excellent score, and his best so far for me!
    It's right up there when I need an adrenalin kick!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Me too!
    Excellent score, and his best so far for me!
    It's right up there when I need an adrenalin kick!

Oh, you too Martijn, you too?! angry tongue

Anyway, let´s wait a few weeks for Natinal Treasure 2. Not the biggest fan of the first score, but he´s had time to do this second one. Hope he has done something good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Marselus wrote
    Anyway, let´s wait a few weeks for Natinal Treasure 2. Not the biggest fan of the first score, but he´s had time to do this second one. Hope he has done something good.

So far I heard in the clips already online, it's very standard Rabin-scoring. I'm not eagerly awaiting this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bad news then.
    Anyway, do you have a link to those clips Bob?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/na … large.html

The montage at the end contains, I'm sure, typical 'trailer music', but the most part is just a filmclip with score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    rolleyes Yeah, Im not expecting much from NT2: the trailers look really weak... like just another Disney sequel with the bizarre theorum that bigger is better. sad
    BUT You never know....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I heard the Armageddon soundtrack the other day.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It scared me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt