• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011
    Anyone heard it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone heard it?

it is a good ORCHESTRAL score by rabin. it has a very beautiful guitar/piano theme and a very good heroic theme in rabin style for the action parts. some romantic parts have this piano style ala coach carter/gridiron gang. the action music sounds more like great raid/flyboys. no weird rock/techno music ala national treasure or g-force. the action final is very good with many heroic moments. it's still a rabin score, but i think a good one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmmm sounds interesting!
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Hmmm sounds interesting!

sounds good enough for me
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Lars wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone heard it?

it is a good ORCHESTRAL score by rabin. it has a very beautiful guitar/piano theme and a very good heroic theme in rabin style for the action parts. some romantic parts have this piano style ala coach carter/gridiron gang. the action music sounds more like great raid/flyboys. no weird rock/techno music ala national treasure or g-force. the action final is very good with many heroic moments. it's still a rabin score, but i think a good one.

Can't wait punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Hopefully the orchestrations are closer to Great Raid (decent) than Flyboys (hey let's all play the same note so it sounds EPIC!)
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011
    Last summer, Trevor Rabin was at the Sony Scoring Stage to record his score for The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Directed by Jon Turteltaub, the film marked the third time that Rabin and Turteltaub have worked together, the previous two films being the National Treasure films, and ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers the exclusive archival photos!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011
    cover and tracklist from I Am Number Four

http://www.varesesarabande.com/media/03 … af93_m.jpg

TRACK LIST:

1. Welcome To The Jungle (1:56)
    2. #3 Ashed (:50)
    3. Who We Are (3:03)
    4. Water Vision (:59)
    5. Getting To Know Sarah (3:28)
    6. OK We’ll Stay (3:05)
    7. Finding Henry (2:31)
    8. VI To The Rescue (3:42)
    9. IV and Sarah Escape (1:50)
    10. Pack Your Things (1:37)
    11. Mog Shop And Feed (1:00)
    12. Henry Dies (1:25)
    13. Hit Me With Your Lumen (2:49)
    14. Forest Fight (2:28)
    15. Going To A Party (1:29)
    16. Darkroom Lumenary (1:07)
    17. Rising From The Ashes (1:00)
    18. Warehouse Search (3:14)
    19. Commander Mog Explodes (2:30)
    20. Quarterback Intuition (1:07)
    21. We Know Where To Go (3:07)
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011
    soundclips from I Am Number Four

http://www.musicload.de/trevor-rabin/i- … 10134501_2

track 8 and 9 are also good actiontracks, but they selected bad samples.
  2. Lars wrote
    soundclips from I Am Number Four

http://www.musicload.de/trevor-rabin/i- … 10134501_2

track 8 and 9 are also good actiontracks, but they selected bad samples.

I will listen to the whole score and decide then, samples don't show the whole deal so

but I hope it's good, I'm at least counting on a 3 and a half stars rolleyes
  3. Some reviews of Trevor Rabin, including the newly released I Am Number Four, the rest of the bunch will follow:

- American Outlaws
    - Armageddon
    - Deep Blue Sea
    - Enemy of the State
    - Get Smart
    - Gone in 60 Seconds
    - Gridiron Gang
    - I Am Number Four
    - Race to Witch Mountain

Enjoy
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    yeah, finally some reviews of trevor rabin scores. great work thomas. i have the same opinion about I Am Number Four. it's his best score since Get Smart. maybe because it's the first cd release since get smart? wink the score has good themes in rabin style and the orchstration in the action parts is for the most part good. for me that are the main reasons, because i like this score.

i would give Gone In 60 Seconds 3,5 stars. you're right it's more a rock score and for the most part it's just loud, BUT for me the score is just fun to listen. the highlights are the emotional parts but i find tracks like The Last Car, Bad Man, Meet The Team, 50 Cars, Roundabend and Porche Boost also very entertaining. i think the problem is the balance of the album. in the movie there were so many scenes with variations of the "Keys To Eleanor Theme". For example when memphis is visiting his mother or memphis is hiring otto for the coupe. or the final scene between the cop and memphis. all these scenes have beautiful variations of that theme. were these tracks also on this album, it would be more balanced and it would be a perfect representation of the score. it's one of my favourite rabin scores.
  4. I'm not too fond of his rock music, especially when its more than a couple of tracks like this. But I can see why you love it, it absolutely fits the tone of the movie.

I was kinda expecting more of I Am Number Four, but there are parts I really like, and those are indeed the moments you love as well. I can see where James describes it as amateurish enthusiasm, but for me it's Rabin trying to do something complex (more or less accomplishing this), so for me it's a nice attempt and a score I think I'll love in the movie.

Of course bring me Rabin of Flyboys any day
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    i thought the actionmusic in I Am Number Four sounded more orchestral in the movie. maybe i was blend by the sound effects. maybe rabin should score a historical movie. i think for that topic he would write a great orchestral score. or rabin for the next pirates movie. that would be perfect. smile
  5. Rabin is capable of a lot, listen to The Great Raid and Flyboys. But the question is, will he get the opportunity and will he be asked to stick to his sound or not
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011
    i'm looking forward to his score from 5 Days of August. the music in the promotional trailer sounded good. i always wanted to hear trevor in east european mode. the themes heard in the trailer were typical rabin themes, but i think they were good. if i were a director or producer i would give trevor a 120 piece orchestra and a very big choir. no electronics, no guitars just the orchetsra and choir combined with his ability of writing amazing themes. that would be awesome.
  6. another bunch of reviews of Trevor Rabin:

- Flyboys
    - National Treasure
    - The Sorcerer's Apprentice
    - Snakes on a Plane

Enjoy
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2011
    very good reviews thomas and the ratings are also ok. Snakes On A Plane is the weakest score of the 4 and the weakest of 2006, but his theme and the track Snake Kebap save the score. a cd release wasn't necessary. Glory Road had no chance, because it's disney but The Guardian was possible, i think. what i also love about trevor's music is his use of a choir. Flyboys, The Great Raid, The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Glory Road have awesome choir and vocal performances. For example The Execute (The Great Raid), The Last Battle and Battle Hymne (Flyboys) and the action tracks in The Sorcerer's Apprentice. i love the choir in these tracks, because it's not overblown or to sentimentally. he hits the right tone.

btw: here is the End Credits Suite from 5 Days Of War

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-D3pDSp5ME
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011
    Nice reviews, Thomas. Glad I'm not the only one who likes Sorcerer's Apprentice. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Lars wrote

Great stuff! Any chance this one gets a release?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Marselus wrote
    Lars wrote

Great stuff! Any chance this one gets a release?

i don't think so, because the movie is a direct-to-video release. the dvd is still out in the uk.
  7. DemonStar wrote
    Nice reviews, Thomas. Glad I'm not the only one who likes Sorcerer's Apprentice. smile

thanks bud, it was the movie that made me fell in love with it, because at first I wasn't too fond of it. But the music makes the movie so cool, so yes I was entertained smile
  8. Lars wrote
    very good reviews thomas and the ratings are also ok. Snakes On A Plane is the weakest score of the 4 and the weakest of 2006, but his theme and the track Snake Kebap save the score. a cd release wasn't necessary. Glory Road had no chance, because it's disney but The Guardian was possible, i think. what i also love about trevor's music is his use of a choir. Flyboys, The Great Raid, The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Glory Road have awesome choir and vocal performances. For example The Execute (The Great Raid), The Last Battle and Battle Hymne (Flyboys) and the action tracks in The Sorcerer's Apprentice. i love the choir in these tracks, because it's not overblown or to sentimentally. he hits the right tone.

the piece of 5 Days of War isn't bad. I like the East European influences. The movie looks fun too, for a Renny Harlin film at least. Lot's of overblown action smile

There are definitely moments where Rabin nails it with his choir. Armageddon, Deep Blue Sea, Flyboys of course and even the final fight with Morgana at the end of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, it made the scene look so cool.

I've always been a Rabin fan, but I miss his moments when he truly made me a believer with Flyboys. I kinda wish he returned to that amazing period.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    the piece of 5 Days of War isn't bad. I like the East European influences. The movie looks fun too, for a Renny Harlin film at least. Lot's of overblown action smile

There are definitely moments where Rabin nails it with his choir. Armageddon, Deep Blue Sea, Flyboys of course and even the final fight with Morgana at the end of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, it made the scene look so cool.

I've always been a Rabin fan, but I miss his moments when he truly made me a believer with Flyboys. I kinda wish he returned to that amazing period.

the east european music saves the score, because the action music is in most parts electronic and typical rabin style. sometimes it sounds a little bit cheap.

Flyboys, Deep Blue Sea, The Great Raid and The Guardian have the best orchestration. the action music is very well orchestrated in these movies. i miss also this period.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
    I am number four is one of the worst crap i've heard this year, i'd imagine the movie bears the same qualities too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am number four is one of the worst crap i've heard this year, i'd imagine the movie bears the same qualities too.

It wasn't crap. It felt too much like a highly budgeted TV pilot. I've seen worse.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
    on may the 8th varese released a new album by trevor rabin. its an instrumental album and his first solo effort since his album Can't Look Away. the name of the new record is Jacaranda. the album has nice guitar parts and lovely melodies. it's cool music and gets better and better with each listen.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/jacaranda/id508948118

trevor has also completed scoring ABC's latest tv show pilot "Zero Hour".
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
    How random and interesting...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2014
    Last summer, composer Trevor Rabin was at the Sony Pictures Scoring Stage recording his score for the dramatic comedy, Grudge Match. Released on December 25, 2013, the movie brings Sylvester "Rocky" Stallone and Robert "Raging Bull" DeNiro, together in the boxing ring, for the first time. ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2015
    trevor rabins new score for the adventure movie MAX will be released on june 23 by sony masterworks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VU2 … _i=desktop