• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It was mixed very loudly and rather repetitive. The first piece, main theme really worked wonders, giving it an epic touch.

It isn't loud at all on the CD.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It was mixed very loudly and rather repetitive. The first piece, main theme really worked wonders, giving it an epic touch.

It isn't loud at all on the CD.

Depends how loud you play it! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It seems so subtle for such a violent movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Has anyone seen 'Red Cliff'?????

I have seen Red Cliff and its John Woo's best film (all two parts of it, read below) in years. In fact after watching it through download, I loved it so much I ordered the Hong Kong blu-rays ASAP. The movie is even better in high definition. The action scenes are solid and the acting is very strong. I just love the detail in how the combat is portrayed and how the tactics of the two side are demonstrated in all their glory. Spectacular is an understatement. punk

PawelStroinski wrote
    I've seen it. What info do you need? I saw the Western abbreviated version only though.

See the two part version, it's totally awesome. I seriously cannot comprehend how to fit a nearly 5 hour film in a 2 hour and a half timespan. That's ridiculous and I can only expect important scenes to have been omitted for this cut. crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. 2012

Yesterday wave

It was good punk

Incredible use of CGI shocked

Lots of stuff blown up punk punk

The end of the world looks awesome shame

I'll be prepared 3 years from now cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    DreamTheater wrote

I'm going to love this movie.

Peter punkpunk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't know if I'm going to love this movie but I'm gonna get a kick out of big screen world destruction!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. plindboe wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I'm going to love this movie.

Peter punkpunk

Corrected wink

It's the spectacle Transformers 2 wanted to to be and that Avatar will most likely improve on.
  3. Timmer wrote
    I don't know if I'm going to love this movie but I'm gonna get a kick out of big screen world destruction!

If I ever witness the end of the world for real, it better be on the most humongous screen ever constructed, with DTS-HD surround sound. tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009

Oh man this film sucks. I knew it would be bad but it still managed to disappoint on a massive scale. Way too long, way too convoluted. Second worst film of the year after Transformers.
  4. Just saw UP for the first time. What a wonderful little film! Pixar is so good at what they do. The music was nice. For the first time in a long time I find myself humming the theme from a film long after it is over.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Best film of the year. Loved it.
  5. Anthony wrote

Oh man this film sucks. I knew it would be bad but it still managed to disappoint on a massive scale. Way too long, way too convoluted. Second worst film of the year after Transformers.

shocked You shocked hated shocked it? shocked

At least 2012 doesn't have stupid mini-transformers, annoying as hell parent characters and ludicrously fast cuts. tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hence why it was second worst.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Into the Wild

This wasn't what I expected (not really sure what I DID expect) but I really liked it. Quite moving in a strange way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    Into the Wild

This wasn't what I expected (not really sure what I DID expect) but I really liked it. Quite moving in a strange way.

Me too. Beautifully shot and strangely captivating/interesting all the time.

But the hubbla about the music was a bit overrated. Who was it again? Eddie Vadder? Never heard of him, and his songs aren't that special.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009 edited
    Eddie Vedder. I didn't think the songs were anything special either. I quite enjoyed the score (by Michael Brook).
  6. Bregt wrote
    Southall wrote
    Into the Wild

Me too. Beautifully shot and strangely captivating/interesting all the time.

But the hubbla about the music was a bit overrated. Who was it again? Eddie Vadder? Never heard of him, and his songs aren't that special.

Never heard of Eddie Vedder???? Of this band? And this sublime debut album?

Whaaaaaaaahhh !!!!!!!!!! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So, 2012 is crap after all? Even rottentomatoes' ratings have gone down the toilet, from the very promising start (80+%). Thank God i didn't rush to watch it then.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. No no no! It's not crap ! It's the most entertaining film of 2009 so far. If you think ID4 was ace then you will more than likely like this.

Who wouldn't want to see the destruction of the world? Seriously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I thought ID4 was unbearably cheesy americanized crap. But i loved THE KNOWING, or even THE HAPPENING. My tastes are weird...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think you pretty much know what you're going to get with a Roland Emmerich film. It will be very silly, require you to turn your brain off, but will probably be entertaining.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    I liked Knowing, but thought The Happening was ridiculous.

So I gather you will not like 2012, if you think that of ID4.

You're right you are weird. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    DreamTheater wrote
    No no no! It's not crap ! It's the most entertaining film of 2009 so far. If you think ID4 was ace then you will more than likely like this.

Who wouldn't want to see the destruction of the world? Seriously.

I think District 9 is much more fun than 2012.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    So, 2012 is crap after all? Even rottentomatoes' ratings have gone down the toilet, from the very promising start (80+%). Thank God i didn't rush to watch it then.

It is not crap, it´s simply one of the worst movies I´ve ever seen. I´ve never thought of Emmerich as a good director, but at least I´ve enjoyed some of his silly films (ID4, Godzilla, 10.000 BC). 2012 crosses the line of silliness to enter the stupidity area. He is simply laughing at us and he does it out loud. I won´t even elaborate on the plot or the (EXTREMELY annoying) characters and actors because my motivation to go watch the movie were the destruction sequences; just mentioning that Emmerich does it again: another fuckin´I risk my life to save the fuckin´dog sequence. Congratulations Roland :clap clap clap:

Now, the destruction sequences: none of them, NONE, caused any kind of feeling on me, no fear, no impression, no sense of danger, nothing at all.

Music wise, and summarizing, vomit vomit Out of curiosity, the main theme is a total rip off of some other theme I´ve yet to identify.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS (I want my 7,20€ back).

0 out of 5
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    I had planned to go and watch the film 2012 yesterday afternoon and decided not to because it was sunny outside. I went for a 3 hours walk in the city and parks instead. I'm glad I did reading Marselus comments!

I was just reading a review of it this morning and this critic says that Emmerich has pushed the limits of bad taste. The film being ridiculous and indecent. He says that this is really a comedic action film. How can we take seriously a film that has a family driving near the San Andreas fault and feel like their ohs and ah s are really like they were on a roller coaster ride rolleyes It is that genre of movie anyway. One big thrill ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The 5 hour version of the Red Cliff is what it will be
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tintin wrote
    I had planned to go and watch the film 2012 yesterday afternoon and decided not to because it was sunny outside. I went for a 3 hours walk in the city and parks instead. I'm glad I did reading Marselus comments!

You just saved 7 €! wink

Tintin wrote
    I was just reading a review of it this morning and this critic says that Emmerich has pushed the limits of bad taste. The film being ridiculous and indecent.

Indecent, that´s the PERFECT word.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I thought ID4 was unbearably cheesy americanized crap. But i loved THE KNOWING, or even THE HAPPENING. My tastes are weird...

Yeah, tastes are weird, I really enjoyed Knowing ( not least because of Beltrami's excellent score ), thought The Happening was a really bad film and ID4 just made me want to vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    After seeing this Hammer/Dr. Jekyl film I'm interested in the Monty Norman score. I'll have to see if its released to CD.