• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    Glad I've not seen it
    listen to more classical music!
  1. But it's not a Scream / I know what you did last summer type of slasher film. The horror is actually more menacing and suggestive. Apart from a few gruesome scenes, Mirrors is actually very restrained and more about what you don't see.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The tragedy with that it's not the death or the scene or anything, but "WHO KILLS SUCH A HOT BABE?" dAMN!

Freddie's, Jason's ....I'm sure you know the type? wink

Except in this case it's her own reflection killing her. Don't know which is worse...

And yeah they could've at least cast a hideous woman for that part. rolleyes

Sarah Jessica Parker springs to mind. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, that would be a pleasure! But aren't we against animal harm? They would not be able to put the "no animals were harmed during the production of the film" had they show a horse killing in it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would prefer...

'No animals were harmed during the production of this film but this time we've made an exception' wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010
    is this really stuff people pay to see or do you get paid
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2010
    I'd rather get paid to see it Tom wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    I watched Sherlock Holmes in New York last night with Roger Moore, John Huston, Patrick Macnee, and Charlotte Rampling. A fun spoof that had 0 to do with anything Doyle wrote.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    sdtom wrote
    I watched Sherlock Holmes in New York last night with Roger Moore, John Huston, Patrick Macnee, and Charlotte Rampling

So did all five of you enjoy the movie?

Peter smile
  2. I should think the movie left John Huston a little cold.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I saw Tron:Legacy last night. I hadn't seen the 1982 film so I'm a newbie w.r.t Tron. I thought it was very cool. It didn't seem like two hours at all. The special effects can't be compared against the Matrix but it seemed very appropriate for the film.
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    I saw Tron:Legacy last night. I hadn't seen the 1982 film so I'm a newbie w.r.t Tron. I thought it was very cool. It didn't seem like two hours at all. The special effects can't be compared against the Matrix but it seemed very appropriate for the film.

Yeah, it was great. I loved the Daft Punk cameo (his music was perfect for the film), the scenes with Jeff Bridges being awesome, and the special effects. This is the kind of movie which deserves to have 3D (unfortunely, the first 20 minutes we're in 2D) Me too I thought it wasn't two hours at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2010
    Rudy

Corny as anything, but nobody with a beating heart could fail to find themselves wiping away a little tear at the end. And a magnificent score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010
    ^ One of the best sports films ever made! Excellent movie all the way through!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Went and saw All Good Things with Ryan Gosling about the unsolved New York missing person case. Can't recommend it.
    Tom
  4. Southall wrote
    Rudy

Corny as anything, but nobody with a beating heart could fail to find themselves wiping away a little tear at the end. And a magnificent score.

My bro would defend this movie with all his might. I like it too, Sean Astin's performance is what makes the film... Plus a little bit of music by some unknown dude. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Never seen it but I like the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    Rudy

My bro would defend this movie with all his might. I like it too, Sean Astin's performance is what makes the film... Plus a little bit of music by some unknown dude. smile

Astin's really good but I think the single biggest contributory factor to the film being so good is the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i agree
  5. Southall wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    Rudy

Astin's really good but I think the single biggest contributory factor to the film being so good is the score.

The movie is good yes, but as usual great music elevates an already good movie to a great movie smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Snow Falling on Cedars

A beautiful movie. My review here
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    One of my favourite novels, that. I didn't think the film did it justice, really (I guess they never do, in the end). I'd probably have liked it a lot otherwise. A score I initially hated but came to like very much indeed.
  7. I was taken a lot by the atmosphere there. Are you on Wordpress too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Saw Flesh+Blood. While the movie is certainly interesting with adventure and romance, in the end you end up liking none of the characters. Perhaps that was the intention. Everyone did what was best for them. The gratuitous nudity was as awesome as the Basil score. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I was taken a lot by the atmosphere there. Are you on Wordpress too?

I am! I agree about the atmosphere, very carefully created and compelling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    Saw Flesh+Blood. While the movie is certainly interesting with adventure and romance, in the end you end up liking none of the characters. Perhaps that was the intention. Everyone did what was best for them. The gratuitous nudity was as awesome as the Basil score. biggrin

I loved that movie as a kid and saw it tons of time. Not a children's movie at all of course, but for some reason I loved it.

Peter smile
  8. Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I was taken a lot by the atmosphere there. Are you on Wordpress too?

I am! I agree about the atmosphere, very carefully created and compelling.

I tried to subscribe, but it seems that you got it on wordpress.ORG, rather than .com, like me, oh well, I am reading you regularly anyway.
  9. Southall wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I think I read somewhere once that Astin had a similar opinion about that film. He said something about how Goldsmith's score was what really made him look good. I agree. I think it's a fine film with a great score (my favorite of Goldsmith's actually).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2010
    I'm in my older film noir/drama mode watching some obscure titles. Last night it was Parole Inc with Ankers and Bey, both Universal horror stars. Good story.
    Tom smile
  10. christopher wrote
    Southall wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I think I read somewhere once that Astin had a similar opinion about that film. He said something about how Goldsmith's score was what really made him look good. I agree. I think it's a fine film with a great score (my favorite of Goldsmith's actually).

That's right. Can you imagine how Harrison would look if Indy didn't have a ridiculously awesome signature theme supporting his every move?