• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Quid pro Quo

My review here!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    RV: Iron Man 2

Third time seeing this, and just as funny as ever. smile
  2. William wrote
    RV: Iron Man 2

Third time seeing this, and just as funny as ever. smile

I still have to see it for the first time, but I liked the first one smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. The more times I saw the first Iron Man, the more it became generic. I prefer The Incredible Hulk on all levels.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    Funny? The first one was fun, the 2nd was plain hideous. A waste of time.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The first one was a nice surprise and very enjoyable, the second one? I haven't heard one good review, I also haven't seen it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I enjoyed the second one, I'd say it's only fractionally worse the first (effects and action wise it's much more impressive), but it's definitely not as funny.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2010
    Anyone else a fan of Peep Show? The funniest viewing on TV IMO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. The Maltese Falcon (1941)

First or second view (I don't remember!)

My review here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010
    I too reviewed this in 2007.
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2007/05/05/t … ondeutsch/
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Good job Pawel
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote

Seven series in and it's without a doubt one of the most consistently brilliant sitcoms on TV. Ever.
  5. I've seen one show but I wasn't a fan of the format for some reason.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Seven series in and it's without a doubt one of the most consistently brilliant sitcoms on TV. Ever.

Absolutely!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've seen one show but I wasn't a fan of the format for some reason.

It wouldn't take long to get used to, I truly think it's brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Wallander a new to me BBC series. Police mystery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    The writers of Peep Show are also responsible for The Thick Of It, another of the finest sitcoms in recent years.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    The writers of Peep Show are also responsible for The Thick Of It, another of the finest sitcoms in recent years.

Absolutely!

are you capable of saying anything I disagree with? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    At my daughter's yesterday I saw some really bad previews for a bunch of crap coming out from Hollywood. Nothing looked decent save "True Grit"
  6. A CHRISTMAS CAROL

A year late, we saw this on christmas (appropriately) and the audiovisual side of the film is brilliant, acting-wise it's all very well done, voice work is spot on with all the english accents nailed (though real english people might disagree), but seeing this is a very dark film I couldn't really connect with the tale and transformation of Scrooge. I loved the various Zemeckis touches and the cinematography (big fan of the man's work).

Thomas is right and Richard Donner's 'Scrooged' is both more fun and more charming, with the always great Bill Murray.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. sdtom wrote

I saw only one part (the final film of the first season?) Brannagh is brilliant.
  8. Aviator

My review here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    sdtom wrote

I saw only one part (the final film of the first season?) Brannagh is brilliant.

I have 5 more episodes to watch
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kick-Ass

EXCELLENT! punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I saw an insane number of movies in the last few days.

True Grit bored me terribly. As my friend said after watching- 'it takes true grit to sit through the film'.

I made up for it by watching The Secret In Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos). A truly outstanding film that is now one of my favorites. Everything about this is just perfect. I need to check out more films by Juan Jose Campanella.

I had never seen the Omen trilogy of films (not counting a horrible Indian remake of the first film). Coincidentally I saw all three on Christmas eve. The first one is really the only one which holds up well (great use of silence and lighting). Awesome scores!

I'd seen The Long Kiss Goodnight a long while ago and I had forgotten most of it. Saw it yesterday and it's simply mindless fun. I love films of the kind where the protagonist is a person with extraordinary talent and is living a mundane existence until the past catches up (History of Violence, Kindergarten Cop). Any more like these?

Last night I also saw The King's Speech. There were hardly 10 people in the theater which is totally normal since few people go to the theaters on Christmas night. Geoffrey Rush is awesome as is Colin Firth. Desplat's score is good but there's too little of it. Any idea which track plays over the end credits? That was particularly good. It was a stirring string+piano piece.

Today I saw Departures (Okuribito)... another good film that was both funny and touching. I was surprised that the score was by Hisaishi. All until the end credits the music was touching and a bit solemn and I thought it was by Umebayashi or Tan Dun.
  9. BhelPuri wrote

I made up for it by watching The Secret In Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos). A truly outstanding film that is now one of my favorites. Everything about this is just perfect. I need to check out more films by Juan Jose Campanella.

From Campanella, I reccomend Son Of The Bride (El Hijo de la Novia) and Luna de Avellaneda. Both are very good, same thing with the score of both movies, made by Ángel Illarramendi. Both has such a great thematic material,especially Son of the Bride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U_mxe2zP2g
  10. BhelPuri wrote

Last night I also saw The King's Speech. There were hardly 10 people in the theater which is totally normal since few people go to the theaters on Christmas night. Geoffrey Rush is awesome as is Colin Firth. Desplat's score is good but there's too little of it. Any idea which track plays over the end credits? That was particularly good. It was a stirring string+piano piece.

Good film. Desplat's score makes a good album, even though in the film the three Beethovens and the Mozart kind of drown it out a little. I would have liked to see the cue 'Lionel and Bertie' in place of the Emperor concerto at the end.

The piece over the credits you mention is 'The Rehearsal', which also plays during the scene where Firth and Rush practice the coronation in Westminster Abbey.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  11. Timmer wrote
    Kick-Ass

EXCELLENT! punk cool

No it's not!

It's KICK-ASS !!!! punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2010 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    I had never seen the Omen trilogy of films (not counting a horrible Indian remake of the first film).

For some reason I really want to watch that indian remake.

BhelPuri wrote
    I'd seen The Long Kiss Goodnight a long while ago and I had forgotten most of it. Saw it yesterday and it's simply mindless fun. I love films of the kind where the protagonist is a person with extraordinary talent and is living a mundane existence until the past catches up (History of Violence, Kindergarten Cop). Any more like these?

Wanted, and of course the Matrix flicks.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What's the name of the Indian remake? I want to see it.