• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Steven wrote
    (I've not seen Brokeback.)

Well worth it. Quite an emotional movie -- about men who are emotional.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I quite enjoyed it! It was a wee bit contrived, and ultimately full of plot holes (so he basically took someone else's body to live out the rest of his life? Also, can he shave that beard, or is it just a projection? That's gotta itch).

I also enjoy the score. The fact that Crispy Bacon has worked for JNH shows through in his music, the main theme could almost be for a Shyamalan movie.

Yes, I thought the score was pretty good.

Anyone seen THE CABIN IN THE WOODS? I watched that recently and fookin' loved it!

Loved it ! Genius !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote
    (I've not seen Brokeback.)

Well worth it. Quite an emotional movie -- about men who are emotional.

And like long ding dongs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nonsense, D.
    It's really a very fine, and rather tragic, movie,with some excellent acting.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Timmer wrote
    SAUCE CODE ( 2011 )

Jake Gylenhaal or however you spell him plays a bloke who invents a code that makes tasty sauce, Steven Elfman gets hold of it and pours it all over his Crispy Bacon.

Rubbish!

2/10

I quite liked it, interesting and exciting
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I quite enjoyed it! It was a wee bit contrived, and ultimately full of plot holes (so he basically took someone else's body to live out the rest of his life? Also, can he shave that beard, or is it just a projection? That's gotta itch).

I also enjoy the score. The fact that Crispy Bacon has worked for JNH shows through in his music, the main theme could almost be for a Shyamalan movie.

Yes, I thought the score was pretty good.

Anyone seen THE CABIN IN THE WOODS? I watched that recently and fookin' loved it!

Loved it ! Genius !

coming out on blu soon, can't wait
  4. Gone Baby Gone

Fucking gripping shocked , there are 2 parts in this movie that emotionally suffocated me. You think the story's a simple one, but then director Ben Affleck turns the ball completely around and gives it moral weight too. I must admit that I would have done exactly the same as the main character, which makes the end then also so hard to accept. Excellent performances, gripping story. Bravo Affleck (the 2 I mean wink )

8 out of 10

-------------------------------------------------

Monsters

I was intrigued by the trailer, but I finally rented it now. And even though it has got hardly any monsters in it, I love the slow build up here. And the visual effects look great if you realize how it was all done and made. The final 10 minutes were definitely the cream of the crop, and realizing how the story began, I can live with the end.

7 out of 10
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    SAUCE CODE ( 2011 )

Jake Gylenhaal or however you spell him plays a bloke who invents a code that makes tasty sauce, Steven Elfman gets hold of it and pours it all over his Crispy Bacon.

Rubbish!

2/10

I quite liked it, interesting and exciting

Liked it, except the last minute.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. the final minute even elevated it for me wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Gone Baby Gone

Fucking gripping shocked , there are 2 parts in this movie that emotionally suffocated me. You think the story's a simple one, but then director Ben Affleck turns the ball completely around and gives it moral weight too. I must admit that I would have done exactly the same as the main character, which makes the end then also so hard to accept. Excellent performances, gripping story. Bravo Affleck (the 2 I mean wink )

8 out of 10

I loved that film for the fact that it leaves the viewer with a true moral dilemma that had me discussing with the friend I saw it with for quite a while. Which is extremely rare nowadays, when films tend to take a stance that is already a popular one and hard to disagree with.
  6. BobdH wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Gone Baby Gone

8 out of 10

I loved that film for the fact that it leaves the viewer with a true moral dilemma that had me discussing with the friend I saw it with for quite a while. Which is extremely rare nowadays, when films tend to take a stance that is already a popular one and hard to disagree with.

I had that too, you honestly think: what would I do in that situation? and if you make your choice and you see then the result, it makes you question your very morals. Which is indeed quite strong for a movie nowadays

as said, bravo Affleck
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012
    Watched Armageddon with the kids.
    Forgot how entertaining the movie is.

Yes, I know it's horrible. But it's fun.
    The themes in the score are great by the way.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote

The film is incredibly stupid but very watchable. I'd rather watch Deep Impact though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Timmer wrote
    Bregje wrote

The film is incredibly stupid but very watchable. I'd rather watch Deep Impact though.

I like them both, each one has something to say
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The one says: "hurr" and the other "derrrrp"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012 edited
    Not a movie, although it might seem so.

THIS happened yesterday, in Madrid, after protesters surrounded the Parliament.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012
    Marselus wrote
    Not a movie, although it might seem so.

THIS happened yesterday, in Madrid, after protesters surrounded the Parliament.

Craziness! What's it all about?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012 edited
    It was a 'Surround the Parliament' protest.

As you can see, it ended up not so well. Protests in Madrid are being really aggressive the last months.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2012
    Marselus wrote
    It was a 'Surround the Parliament' protest.

Just that? No particular cause?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Sopranos

Just finished watching this through from start to finish (again). In my opinion, the greatest of all long-running tv shows. It's easy to enjoy at surface level, with compelling plots and so much wit, but repeated viewings really bring out its depths - the way it explores the nature of familial relationships is really something else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    The Sopranos

Just finished watching this through from start to finish (again). In my opinion, the greatest of all long-running tv shows. It's easy to enjoy at surface level, with compelling plots and so much wit, but repeated viewings really bring out its depths - the way it explores the nature of familial relationships is really something else.

yeah

I'd love to and happily watch it all the way through again, best TV series ever IMO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Never seen it. FACT!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Some here would probably say LOST but that's like comparing Sheakspeare to Graham Masterton...Graham who? Exactly!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2012 edited
    The Blu-ray sets for Indian Jones (last week) and James Bond (last night) came in just recently. They look incredible.

The Indiana Jones set came with an incredible documentary on the making of Raiders. One of the most engaging and entertaining documentary's I've ever scene. The footage , on-set discussions, and deleted scenes offered incredible insight. This breathed life into the film (My favorite movie) in a way which I never imagined.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Never seen it. FACT!

Well... if you have any interest in doing so, then the whole thing starts again from the pilot on Sky Atlantic next Wednesday at 9...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I started SPORANOS years ago, when it first came out. It was OK-ish, but failed to grab me, so after a few episodes I phased out. I might give it another chance down the road.

BREAKING BAD, however (as long as we're talking contemporary quality series), immediately grabbed me from the get-go and hasn't let go since. One episode is so well-told, it feels like it's 5 minutes and I just HAVE TO watch a new one and a new one and a new one etc.

Other such lauded shows I need to check out include MAD MEN and THE WIRE.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lost.
  9. sleep
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Other such lauded shows I need to check out include MAD MEN and THE WIRE.

I like Mad Men. It started very, very strongly then had a dip but the last season was excellent.

The Wire - for some reason I could never get into it. All the hype about it being the best thing ever, but it seemed to be a bit like NYPD Blue with more swearing. I tried twice but it just didn't grab me.

I would like to see Breaking Bad.