• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    Oh god I need some alcohol... drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...what? angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What "what"?
    I fully concur!

(Just finishing up an eight hour telephone conference....my God... )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Look, I just want a drink okay!? It's up to me when I want one! Stop judgi--- wait, what? You concur?

Oh.
    Well, good. I'll... I'll carry on then. Yeah. uhm

silly
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011 edited
    Actually I've quit the booze a bit lately. (Is it possible to quit a bit? Don't think so...)

Three reasons: 1.weight, 2.health and 3.habit.

1. Wanted to lose a bit of overweight. Almost there.
    2. I'm afraid I'll be really ugly growing older. Sounds funny, but seriously I think couperose is in the family and since I'm easily warm and blushing (so imagine after one drink I'm red like a tomato!) I thought I better don't drink too much.
    3. It started to become habit, one drink every day while I was preparing dinner. I was not happy with the habit and with the feeling I had in the early afternoon, looking forward to about 17:00... addiction is in the family too I'm afraid

So now I only have a drink in the weekend, just one or two. By the way, I usually never had more than two drinks at a time. I don't enjoy being too tipsy. I'm talking about a regular weekend now, so drinks with dinner. At a party or going out I can have some more drinks, but with water. But we almost never go out, so...

And last night I had one, because I was really hoping a cold alcoholic drink would make my throat feel better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Good points, Bregje. The only alcohol I know that is actually healthy is a daily glass of red wine, which allegedly unclogs arteries and improves the flow of blood...but with couperose I guess that is exactly what you don't want!

Bregje wrote
    And last night I had one, because I was really hoping a cold alcoholic drink would make my throat feel better.

And did it? smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Not really. Yesterday the right side was worst, today more the left side. I think it's the tonsils too again...
    But I'm glad I'm not as ill as a couple of years ago when the tonsil infection gave me 40C fever.

I'll go to work in a minute. Not to teach, but to prepare my lessons. That's a quiet thing to do, so that should be OK.
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I wish I were in your situation, Bregje.

My highest wish in my life right now is to be able to drink alcohol again. Not necessarily to be 'lying-in-the-ditch'-type drunk, which I've been countless times during my twenties and had enough of, but at least to be tipsy again. It's such an integral part of my lifestyle and I've become FAR more socially secluded after I got my liver thing. And that's not healthy either. The only time in the last 5 months I've felt a LITTLE bit of that was in Ghent, actually, where I went against all my doctor's orders and had between 10-15 beers throughout the weekend. Which isn't very much compared to my usual travel binges, but still....

In other words, I envy the fact that you have a choice!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Get a hot babe and forget alcohol mate.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote

But I need alcohol to get a hot babe.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So say we all! :drunk: :booze: :rowdy songs:
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not really. You need yourself. And that's what the hot babe needs. Nothing else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But I'm much more interesting when I'm drunk. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Make it permanent. What Booze boosts is coincidence and humor. Which women love. You shall try to always wear that suit no matter if sober wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Make it permanent. What Booze boosts is coincidence and humor. Which women love. You shall try to always wear that suit no matter if sober wink

I don't know if it boosts coincidence (that would be sweet, though!), but I'm sure you meant confidence. He, he.... wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, no. I'm sure certain types of alcohol make you tap into different timelines in the multiverse!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

But I'm so fucking awesome when I'm drunk. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Ha! Hadn't even noticed that one!
    I thought boosting coincidence could mean something like 'improving or increasing your chances' biggrin

I understand though. I feel more relaxed and less reserved when I've had a drink. It's about loosening up.
    (Now I almost wrote 'less preserved' but I think alcohol would make someone better preserved?)
    drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I guess being fucking awesome trumps being more interesting. slant
    I should get a better type of alcohol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yep! It's called beer! beer

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I meant confidence indeed. Friggin auto correct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    http://after12.failblog.org/2011/11/09/ … sm-grudge/

smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

This you have yet to proove.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He just referred to 'beer' as a 'better' type ol alcohol.
    In my book he's already playing catch-up.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    So say we all! :drunk: :booze: :rowdy songs:

bhangra punk I FEEL A SONG A COMIN' punk bhangra
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Mmmmmm...BEER!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Mmmmmm...BEER!

-Erik-

Watch out Liam, there's a bloke behind you about to steal all your beers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Not really. You need yourself. And that's what the hot babe needs. Nothing else.

Sorry, I read this in a completely different way:

Not really. You need yourself [spoiler]And that's what the hot babe needs.[/spoiler] Nothing else.

That took the meaning in a completely different direction!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Mmmmmm...BEER!

-Erik-

God, I though you were hiding a bottle of Malibu at the back there, Erik. The white bottle? Then I saw that it had a cork.

So your reputation is intact.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn