• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Ugh....I can't take cider.

I remember ordering Strongbow in Britain a few years ago, believing it was beer (I actually knew it wasn't, but forgot at the time). Oh, the humanity!

Stongbow? That's like drinking that American Budweiser shit and saying it's a beer.

There are some truly wonderful ciders out there, you just have to go outside the cities and Britain is full of tiny rural communities.

Sussex! love
    Cider...perry...oh, the joy! Oh, the quantities!

...What on Earth is an IPA?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    IPA = India Pale Ale

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013 edited
    American beer is interesting. The mainstream beers -- Coors, Budweiser, you name it -- are usually piss. However, some of the specialty beers are great. I found several in San Francisco and San Diego last year (although not so much in LA, where everyone seems to drink cocktails and the beer selection in most pubs is shite).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    American beer is interesting. The mainstream beers -- Coors, Budweiser, you name it -- are usually piss.

Not usually... they ARE piss!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    This thread's title reminded me of this. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013 edited
    A new survey in Oslo charts the most expensive and the cheapest beer in the capital:

http://www.osloby.no/sulten/Her-finner- … f5zO5J7KuI

The price has been adjusted to 0.5 litre (since some places have smaller glasses).

The most expensive clocks in at about 100 NOK, i.e. $17. This is in the new, fancy harbour/promenade area.

The cheapest -- at a very down-and-dirty place where locals go -- is about $7. But you don't want to go there.

The sad thing is that the beer they serve in most of these places is cheap, commercial beer (they obviously have greater selection, but the price is according to the 'standard' beers).

Food for thought...or perhaps 'drink' for thought.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. 100 NOK = 12,67 € shocked

Time to join the abstainer movement, Thor. cheesy
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Haha.. how cool you got a "drinks" thread on here.

During the day I'm a coffee kinda guy. Lots of sugar and splash of milk. At night I'm often content with a coke or a simple lemonade.

Alcohol-wise, I'm not big drinker. But I do enjoy a glass of wine (preferably white or rose). Favorite wine is a White Zinfandel.

Not into beers at all, they make me sick, very litterally and very quickly. I can however stomach a Heineken "Oud Bruin" which is lovely (and quite sweet - I don't like bitter tastes)!

I prefer instead some spirits such as Southern Comfort and Drambuie.

You've made me want some now! beer
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013
    Another Dutchman who doesn't like beer! What is the world coming to? (yeah, I know Belgium is THE beer country, but The Netherlands has some pretty nifty ones too).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013 edited
    Synchrotones wrote
    Not into beers at all, they make me sick, very litterally and very quickly. I can however stomach a Heineken "Oud Bruin" which is lovely (and quite sweet - I don't like bitter tastes)!

You don't to have to binge drink to enjoy beer. I usually have one MAYBE two when I feel like having a brew.

And if you hate bitter (hoppy) beers then I highly recommend you try sampling some of the delicious, out-of-this-world beers made in Belgium. Big malty, sweet, fruit flavours.

-Erik-
  3. I've never binge-drank in my life! I genuinely can't stand the taste of bitter beers and beer doesn't like me back. It can make me vomit within 1/2 a pint! Admittedly, I do have a tummy illness that may have something to do with that. Maybe it's the hoppy stuff I can't handle. But I do like sweet tasting drinks (like Oud Bruin) and there's plenty in the supermarket (or on Alan's facebook pictures) that looks tasty, but I just daren't take the risk. Oddly, I'm okay with most spirits! Having some Archers as we speak. lick
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013
    You should really try a Belgian dark ale.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sometimes, when the presentation is truly outrageous, I am tempted to try beer (which normally I loathe and despise and find a massive waste of good money, liquid and alcohol, not necessarily in that order).

Hence at dinner at a new Mexican venue that opened close to me, I was indeed drawn to something called a "Michelada".

It was ...
    ...a mistake.

vomit

I heroically slogged through about half a glass before nausea, disgust and pure despair set in.
    Which I guess ruined my chances with the incredibly cute and throughly enthusiastic Colombiana waitress, who with her best Shakira-smile came to ask me whether I liked it (as apparently no one else before had yet dared order one).
    sad

:sigh:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Some of you are very wrong!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. They say they can measure a good gullet on the sense for beer (and coffee)!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I like beer, though I seldom drink more than half a litre. I mostly drink Pilsner but during the summer I like Bavarian wheat beer, too. I also like lager which is called "Export" in Germany or "Helles" in Munich.

From time to time I also like a black beer (Köstritzer).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    BEER. ME LIKE BEER.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    BEEEEEEEEER
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I guess the second post is in case we had any doubts about the meaning of the first one, eh Steven? By the way I like BEEEEEEEEER too.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  5. I like Dutch "beer". They're cuddly. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    By the way I like BEEEEEEEEER too.

You do?
    And here I was thinking we were a match made in heaven. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2013
    Stavroula wrote
    I guess the second post is in case we had any doubts about the meaning of the first one, eh Steven? By the way I like BEEEEEEEEER too.

You. You have taste. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014
    Currently drinking: a KWAK!

Unfortunately, I don't have the cool Kwak glass to enjoy it 'correctly'.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Skål!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014
    Prost!
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Captain Future wrote
    Skål!

Oh, must I, Miss Sophie? sad
  8. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Skål!

Oh, must I, Miss Sophie? sad

Just to please me, James. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015 edited
    I'm drinking the favourite drink of my hero and savior and I absolutely love it!* Expect Thor-like ramblings as the evening encroaches (but with better spelling)... unless I fall asleep. I'm 27, I'm getting old.

*mostly placebo no doubt
  9. Hitchens is great. cool

Johnny Walker Black is also great considering the cost-benefit-ratio. I never followed the single-malt-religion. I think there are some really good blends. Single malts and blends are just two different things. lick

And ... 27 ... good fictional God ... that was 16 years ago. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015
    I still feel 16. The only difference between then and now is I can handle my drink a little more, but my hangover far less.