• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    Oh, the gloves are off now! Yeah, well.... Looza Ace is for GIRLS! tongue
  1. Bregt is a girl (according to Kokodezil), so don't worry about that tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    In my fridge: Bavaria beer (pils), Hoegaarden and Erdinger weiss beer. And white wine, semi sweet. Or dry.
    And there is port in the house too.
    lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009 edited
    Bregje wrote
    In my fridge: Bavaria beer (pils), Hoegaarden and Erdinger weiss beer. And white wine, semi sweet. Or dry.
    And there is port in the house too.
    lick

Why, are you gearing up for something, Bregje?

I just WISH I could remember the brands of the excellent Polish beers I tasted during the weekend. The dark ones, in particular. And the wheat beer (Paulander?).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Paulaner!!
    Had those in Austria as well.
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thor wrote
    Why, are you gearing up for something, Bregje?

Eh... no, that's just for me in the weekend... shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    Bregje wrote
    and Erdinger weiss beer.

I LOVE that glass. I have one in my collection! Good beer, too.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I have the Erdinger glass and the Hoegaarden glass! That's all the special glasses I have.
    Great glass indeed, half a liter, yummy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    half a liter, yummy.

shocked

christmas_drunk

I've been seriously cutting down on alcohol in the last few months.
    Not sure why (it certainly isn't on principle! biggrin ).
    I just find I generally don't feel very much like it, and I am a great believer in listening to what your body tells you.

However I still indulge in the occasional cocktail, of course. lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje wrote
    half a liter, yummy.

shocked

christmas_drunk

I've been seriously cutting down on alcohol in the last few months.
    Not sure why (it certainly isn't on principle! biggrin ).
    I just find I generally don't feel very much like it, and I am a great believer in listening to what your body tells you.

Mojito! My fav cocktail. lick
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You did good. Less alcohol is best in all aspects, and when you go for it only when you really feel like it, it's way more enjoyable. I usually prefer good ol' red dry wine though, which is actually good for you in small doses and doesn't contain the shitload of sugar other drinks do smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Although my fridge is quite filled up, I drink only one or two drinks at home (port two, Erdinger one!). At parties I drink three glasses of wine, four maximun I guess and I drink water too. I really don't drink much. But I do get tipsy easily.

But I have a new habit, which is drinking during work days when I feel like it . No not in the mornings haha but after 16.00 when I start making dinner for instance. I like a glass of wine, port or beer then. That happens in the weekend and also on one or two work days a week.

That still isn't much, some people drink every day, but to me it's a new habit and I like it. christmas_drunk
    On vacation I drink more, afternoons and evenings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's probably more healthy than, well, unhealthy. I'm no expert, but I've been told many a time that the odd glass of wine, especially with dinner, is beneficial?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Red wine is beneficial to the bloodstream. It helps avoid clots.
    But that's it. It's just red wine, and just in very measured doses.

The rest may not be bad (in moderation), but it's not good.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, so what you're saying I should go out and drink more?

I hear you loud and clear!

wine drink champagne
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote

Mohito!!!! lick
    Have I mentioned I make a wonderful mohito? I always have the ingrediance around and make some form time to time. I also like margaritas. In general I prefer drinking a bit of red wine or even black. And of course beer! Giunness is my favourite! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    Mohito!!!! lick
    Have I mentioned I make a wonderful mohito? I always have the ingrediance around and make some form time to time. I also like margaritas.

My GOD woman. You have MAGNIFICENT taste!

And of course beer!

Oh... Damn. sad

(What is black wine, by the way? confused )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Red wine is beneficial to the bloodstream. It helps avoid clots.
    But that's it. It's just red wine, and just in very measured doses.

The rest may not be bad (in moderation), but it's not good.

Well, beer (in moderate doses) has plenty of vitamin B, which is good for you.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Ah, so what you're saying I should go out and drink more?

Indeed. That would be bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote

Except that alcohol is actually an inhibitor for being able to absorb Vitamn B. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote

Except that alcohol is actually an inhibitor for being able to absorb Vitamn B. smile

So...next you're going to tell me there's no Santa Claus?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote

So...next you're going to tell me there's no Santa Claus?

Not anymore... the Easter bunny murdered him. It was a contracted hit organized by that bitch the Tooth Fairy.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Mohito!!!! lick
    Have I mentioned I make a wonderful mohito? I always have the ingrediance around and make some form time to time. I also like margaritas.

My GOD woman. You have MAGNIFICENT taste!

And of course beer!

Oh... Damn. sad

(What is black wine, by the way? confused )

Not any beer mind you! Guinness I said which is THE beer!
    As for black wine, it's very dark, red wine strong and delicious!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    This is for you Stavi

GUINNESS

Brilliant ad and one of the all time great songs cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thanks Tim!
    Wonderful indeed! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Stavroula wrote
    Not any beer mind you! Guinness I said which is THE beer!

Guinness is the most popular stout for sure but through the years I've managed to try other stouts and well Guinness is just wimpy in comparison. There is a local brew pub that does this smoky, chocolate oatmeal stout that is to die for. But if I had to pick a favorite "commercial" stout it would have to be Murphy's. The flavours that come out of that are much stronger and way more satisfying. I rarely drink Guinness now however it is a gorgeous beer to look at.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm afraid none of yuz has tried REAL Guinness unless you've been to Ireland.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

True! One of my dreams in life is to have a pint at the brewery.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

I'd really like to visit Ireland some day and I understand that it will be a different experience, given the authentic surroundings, but does it really taste that much different from the Guiness you get at Irish pubs around the world, that is - after all - IMPORTED from Ireland?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'd really like to visit Ireland some day and I understand that it will be a different experience, given the authentic surroundings, but does it really taste that much different from the Guiness you get at Irish pubs around the world, that is - after all - IMPORTED from Ireland?

A fresh, same day beer right from the brewery tastes much better than one that has to be shipped from where ever to get to your local pub. This goes for ALL beers. Plus, Guinness themselves make house visits and makes sure that their local pubs have extremely well kept and clean lines. This is mandatory if you want to serve Guinness in Ireland.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, Timmer, but Guinness is served at room temp in Ireland, which is the way it should be served all around the world. A warm Guinness is a much better tasting beer then a cold one.

-Erik-