• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    ^
    Man speaks the truth!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, providing you'll overlook the Chinese and Pakistani low-wage workers, the fact the brewery is owned and operated by an Arab conglomerate and the fact the brewery is in an industrial park overlooking three Microsoft, one Xerox, one HP and two Goodyear buildings, and the fact that all the ingredients are imported from Ghana, Brazil and China, I'm sure the experience will be thoroughly authentic.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, Timmer, but Guinness is served at room temp in Ireland, which is the way it should be served all around the world. A warm Guinness is a much better tasting beer then a cold one.

-Erik-

I only tasted a cool Guiness once, and that was - ironically - in "hot" Thailand. Otherwise, it's quite tempered.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje wrote
    Although my fridge is quite filled up, I drink only one or two drinks at home (port two, Erdinger one!). At parties I drink three glasses of wine, four maximun I guess and I drink water too. I really don't drink much. But I do get tipsy easily.

But I have a new habit, which is drinking during work days when I feel like it . No not in the mornings haha but after 16.00 when I start making dinner for instance. I like a glass of wine, port or beer then. That happens in the weekend and also on one or two work days a week.

That still isn't much, some people drink every day, but to me it's a new habit and I like it. christmas_drunk
    On vacation I drink more, afternoons and evenings.

That's nice, i used to do that too esp. when i have work or studying to do. A glass of wine always helps me to relax and produce better results, always done with more appetite after a little glass of something wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    That's probably more healthy than, well, unhealthy. I'm no expert, but I've been told many a time that the odd glass of wine, especially with dinner, is beneficial?

Martijn wrote
    Red wine is beneficial to the bloodstream. It helps avoid clots.
    But that's it. It's just red wine, and just in very measured doses.

The rest may not be bad (in moderation), but it's not good.

Quite true indeed, some cardiologists suggest that. In moderate doses, red wine is actually very good for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I'm afraid none of yuz has tried REAL Guinness unless you've been to Ireland.

I'd really like to visit Ireland some day and I understand that it will be a different experience, given the authentic surroundings, but does it really taste that much different from the Guiness you get at Irish pubs around the world, that is - after all - IMPORTED from Ireland?

A fresh, same day beer right from the brewery tastes much better than one that has to be shipped from where ever to get to your local pub. This goes for ALL beers. Plus, Guinness themselves make house visits and makes sure that their local pubs have extremely well kept and clean lines. This is mandatory if you want to serve Guinness in Ireland.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, Timmer, but Guinness is served at room temp in Ireland, which is the way it should be served all around the world. A warm Guinness is a much better tasting beer then a cold one.

-Erik-

That's pretty logic. Maybe it's the reason i don't usually like regular beers, the ones that are in the market and in bars - not that i am a beer expert though. But the few that i did try, most of it smells and looks like pee to me shame (apart some very tasty and very cold dark beer i once tried at a bar, draft, but i can't recall its name).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There are places where Guinnes is served cold? shocked

Even I, a self-professed beer loather, knows that you serve it at room temperature.
    That's how it's supposed to be! It's not some sort of odd Old Country custom!

Jesus Heineken Candlesticks.
    It's like serving warm gazpacho.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oooh, I love a cold Guinness. If I have the choice, I always go for the 'Extra Cold'. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Why do you hate the Irish so?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Because they have one of the best accents in the world. Fuckers. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    As Steven points out, a lot of pubs can serve either 'cool' Guinness or ice cold....I love ice cold too! lick

And 'warm' Gazpacho? Make that 'HOT' Gazpacho and I'm in! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Indeed! Never go out on the 'pull' with an Irishman.....even if he's uglier than you are slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Indeed! Never go out on the 'pull' with an Irishman.....even if he's uglier than you are slant

I 'lost' a girl to an Irishman! slant (No kidding.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I suggest a knee-capping!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Brits don't know how to tap beer!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Belgians don't know how to tap women!

Bam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Should women be tapped?

But ouch, that hurt. biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Belgians don't know how to tap women!

Bam.

more like KAAA-POW!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Slippery nipples! Love'em! lick
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009
    Just before, i had my Horlicks lite. Wow! tasty and yummy! biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I prefer cadbury's drinking chocolate lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

Now, that's tasty!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Now, that's tasty!

Better than Horlicks....by far!!! cool lick
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009
    I'm 21, but don't drink. Solely for the reason that alcoholism runs in the family. HA!

I live off of water bottles, diet cranberry juice, and water w/ lemon.
    I occasionally have un-sweetened iced tea w/ lemon.
    I'm a sucker for lemonade (the fresh kind with the pulp in it).

My favorite thing to have would be Root beer from a glass bottle, or better yet a frosted mug. lick

Yeah, my choices are nearly as interesting as many of yours.
    I love learning about alcohol by the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009 edited
    omaha wrote

What about an iced-lemon drink? Best drink ever for a hot summer afternoon.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've given up drinking. It's expensive, unhealthy in large amounts (which is always necessary) and I hate, hate the feeling the next day. Eugh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    I've given up drinking. It's expensive, unhealthy in large amounts (which is always necessary) and I hate, hate the feeling the next day. Eugh.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote

I hate the hangover too (I doubt there's anyone who actually LIKES it), but for the most part it's worth it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    omaha wrote

I ordered one of those on Champs-Elysées in 1995 or thereabouts. It's probably the most expensive, non-alchoholic drink I've ever bought; I paid about 80 NOK for it (about $15).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Marselus wrote
    omaha wrote

shocked want. sad

Iced-tea lemonade is pretty tasty too.
    I've forgotten how good it tastes.