• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2015
    LSH wrote
    I just got in after a painful 13 hour shift and I'm now sitting and chilling to music with one of my favourite beers of all time: Maisel & Friends Marc's Chocolate Bock. No other beer balances flavour with pure drinkability as much as this one, IMO. I fucking love it.

Any of our German members (or anyone, for that matter) tried it?

Sounds very dark and "Christmassy". Almost too dark for my taste (I'm more of an IPA guy or Belgian beer guy), but I could maybe have one of those inbetween others.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Beer. freezing
    Bourbon. freezing

Now kindly excuse me as I partake of my mid-morning port.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'm just getting pissed on some whisky my housemates left. I'm quite the scholar.

lol That's me too. Us refined types are a dying breed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2016
    The evening has been settled. Here's my haul from this year's Fur trip -- both local beer and stuff that Bregt brought (thanks, Bregt!):

https://scontent.fosl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ … e=57CB7D7B
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2016
    I'm going to the pub tonight, I doubt anyone will be there as everyone and their mother seems to be going to see Massive Attack at an outdoor event. It's pissing down too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Massive attack? Is there a Black Lives Matter protest going on? Be careful, cracker.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Dunno mate, I ain't going anyway.

Still drizzling rain so time to crack a can drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Just been on a beer run, so I'll join you.

And by beer run, I mean kiwi and lime cider and rosé.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheers mate, can 3 just cracked drink beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Just been on a beer run, so I'll join you.

And by beer run, I mean kiwi and lime cider and rosé.

Not gay, just girlie. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not as gay as port though. That's other level faggishness. Good lord. I do hope no one here drinks it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    haha....ha! I'll leave your fishing tactics for someone else to reply.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016
    No drinking for me tonight; still a massive hangover from last night.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mental.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    No drinking for me tonight; still a massive hangover from last night.

Weedy light weight!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Not as gay as port though. That's other level faggishness. Good lord. I do hope no one here drinks it.

Perhaps I can find new ways to...motivate you?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Port is great. Greater still is Madeira.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The island, yes.
    The drink, not so much.
  2. Been there twice. Mostly hiking. Quite lonely if you look beyond the trodden paths. Gorgeous landscapes, great food, best sangria ever. smile
  3. I'm just having a beer. And I felt like announcing this important fact to the world.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2018 edited
    Is nobody drinking anymore?

I've been (mostly) off the sauce for the past six months or so but have been indulging in some red wine recently. Wine is my favourite alcohol to drink - despite not being much of a connoisseur. I know A HELLOVA LOT about beer, having run beer focused bars in the past, though I don't drink a lot of it (unless I'm in Belgium, as some of you have unfortunately witnessed).

What does everybody drink? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Thor wrote
    LSH wrote
    I just got in after a painful 13 hour shift and I'm now sitting and chilling to music with one of my favourite beers of all time: Maisel & Friends Marc's Chocolate Bock. No other beer balances flavour with pure drinkability as much as this one, IMO. I fucking love it.

Any of our German members (or anyone, for that matter) tried it?

Sounds very dark and "Christmassy". Almost too dark for my taste (I'm more of an IPA guy or Belgian beer guy), but I could maybe have one of those inbetween others.

Hey Thor, I forgot to reply to this... now it's three years later.

I used to get this beer through our suppliers but now I need to seek it out elsewhere. It's more of a dark lager so not too thick and heavy. Pretty sure you'd enjoy it. And at 7.5%, it does the job. Fantastic beer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I forgot about that too. I'd certainly try it out, as a desert or something.

But yes, I've been drinking quite a bit lately, but just not posting about it like I used to do. Last week, for example, I had something Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday, and obviously feeling it today.

Just this weekend, for example, I had one bottle of red wine, one bottle of white wine, two strong Belgian blondes, a few IPAs and Pale Ales and about 10-15 regular Pilsners!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. That is a lot! Over the course of a week I would probably drink half a bottle of red, half a bottle of white, maybe 4 bottles of beer and a couple of measures of whisky or G'n'T. #lightweight
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. I haven't had a single alcoholic drink since... I'm trying to remember... February, maybe? I had a glass of beer with dinner when Holly and I went out on Valentine's Day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2018 edited
    Sorry to hear it, Jon. I've basicallly been on a non-stop binge for two weeks. Several beers (and a bit of Japanse cognac) tonight too, with friends -- enjoying the sweltering summer heat in Oslo. Tomorrow is the national day of Norway. I'm probably going to spend it inside, with no drinks, and then I'll take it all out again on Friday with some friends.

In terms of beer, I'm confident I'll drink everyone in this forum under the table. Including Timmer.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Oh, no, I'm quite happy with my alcohol situation. I don't care for the taste of most alcoholic beverages, and I absolutely loathe the sensation of being even just a little bit drunk.
  7. Thor wrote
    Sorry to hear it, Jon. I've basicallly been on a non-stop binge for two weeks. Several beers (and a bit of Japanse cognac) tonight too, with friends -- enjoying the sweltering summer heat in Oslo. Tomorrow is the national day of Norway. I'm probably going to spend it inside, with no drinks, and then I'll take it all out again on Friday with some friends.

In terms of beer, I'm confident I'll drink everyone in this forum under the table. Including Timmer.

With so many things that affect your life because of alcohol, I am surprised that you continue to drink so much.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. Jon Broxton wrote
    Oh, no, I'm quite happy with my alcohol situation. I don't care for the taste of most alcoholic beverages, and I absolutely loathe the sensation of being even just a little bit drunk.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, although because of the taste thing, I don't think I've ever been more than slightly buzzed, so I wouldn't even know about the latter. Being perpetually broke as it is, I'm pretty glad that I at least don't have to contend with that particular financial drain (not sure how the hell you do it in Norway of all places, Thor!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2018 edited
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Oh, no, I'm quite happy with my alcohol situation. I don't care for the taste of most alcoholic beverages, and I absolutely loathe the sensation of being even just a little bit drunk.

Yikes! We really are different, you and I. dizzy
    I am extremely serious.