• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I think you're still banned from Zimmer? shocked

Jordi has no will power.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Jordi has no will power.

Oh, I thought I already have lost the bet when I talked about Sherlock Holmes in the Recent Viewing topic.

Oops!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    :sigh:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Jordi has no will power.

Oh, I thought I already have lost the bet when I talked about Sherlock Holmes in the Recent Viewing topic.

Oops!

Yes you did. Oops.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What punishment had we decided upon?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Flay him. I believe it's justified.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's kinda harsh, isn't i....oh well. :shrug: Seconded.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Examples must be set.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Mmm....he might enjoy that. More options please.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote

or 1 month listening only Desplats. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I prefer not to play it in the mornings or afternoon. It's just one of those scores worth waiting until the end of the day I suppose, but mostly because it's the type of score that doesn't suit daylight. Surely others have "evening" scores and albums?

I do that too. Mostly creepy, atmospheric stuff.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think a lot of people do, I'm very mood oriented.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

In light of recent discussion in the recent viewing thread, perhaps a sort of Zimmer-themed version of the Ludovico technique is in order?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010 edited
    NP:I'm legend (JNH)

Oh man, What a theme!

a 100 % james newton howard score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

In light of recent discussion in the recent viewing thread, perhaps a sort of Zimmer-themed version of the Ludovico technique is in order?

Very inspired Steven and a perfect solution.

is it Kubrick day today?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE VIKINGS - Mario Nascimbene

Glorious music. punk
  1. keky wrote
    I have been playing the score of AVATAR, twice in a row and I have a question: I own the original CD album but it sounds a bit low in volume. I always have to turn up the volume a bit and also, the signs on my equalizer doesn't really move during playing.
    I would like to know if it is the same with you too or it is just my CD (which would be really strange...)?

You know I had the exact same thoughts... my disappointment with the music comes most from the underwhelming mix. Loud moments which aren't as loud as it should be, you know. I thought I had a faulty disc too. During my first listen I was constantly increasing the volume, to the point where it was okay and half of the album had already passed by. I never had that happen before.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    DreamTheater wrote
    keky wrote
    I have been playing the score of AVATAR, twice in a row and I have a question: I own the original CD album but it sounds a bit low in volume. I always have to turn up the volume a bit and also, the signs on my equalizer doesn't really move during playing.
    I would like to know if it is the same with you too or it is just my CD (which would be really strange...)?

You know I had the exact same thoughts... my disappointment with the music comes most from the underwhelming mix. Loud moments which aren't as loud as it should be, you know. I thought I had a faulty disc too. During my first listen I was constantly increasing the volume, to the point where it was okay and half of the album had already passed by. I never had that happen before.

Yes, it's strange that a score as popular as Avatar has such a technically bad representation on CD. Is it the fault of Atlantic Records?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE VIKINGS - Mario Nascimbene

Glorious music. punk

This is a score that really could do with remastering, or even better, rerecording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Now playing "Raiders of the lost ark". This album has some of the greatest themes ever composed for cinema, yet I can not fully enjoy it. Most of it is uninteresting underscore and Mickey Mousing. I think I'd enjoy a 20-minute release with concert versions of the main themes alot more than the actual score.

I don't think I've ever seen any film score fan utter the slightest critical word of "Raiders..." so I guess this is a first.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Now playing "Raiders of the lost ark". This album has some of the greatest themes ever composed for cinema, yet I can not fully enjoy it. Most of it is uninteresting underscore and Mickey Mousing. I think I'd enjoy a 20-minute release with concert versions of the main themes alot more than the actual score.

I don't think I've ever seen any film score fan utter the slightest critical word of "Raiders..." so I guess this is a first.

Peter smile

TAKE COVER EVERYONE!!! WHEN ERIK READS THIS IT'S GOING TO GET MESSY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    *starts trembling*

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Parts of it certainly are very Mickey-Mousey, but the brilliance of Williams (for me) is the way he makes it so consistently musically interesting. One could also say that Back to the Future is very Mickey-Mousey, but that is nowhere near so genuinely musical.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nate and Hayes - Trevor J ones

This one should appeal to all fans of old-fashioned swashbucklers. Hugely entertaining!
  2. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Very inspired Steven and a perfect solution.

is it Kubrick day today?

It took me a minute to realize the Clockwork Orange reference face-palm-mt
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    rolleyes wink
  3. Jerry Goldsmith - The Final Conflict

My first listen, actually. WHAT A SCORE!!!! Thor's musings inspired me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Jerry Goldsmith - The Final Conflict

My first listen, actually. WHAT A SCORE!!!! Thor's musings inspired me.

Your FIRST listen EVER?

I think you'll want to play it many more times to come. beer
  4. Most definitely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    It's indeed an amazing score. One of my favourite Goldsmiths.

Peter punk