• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    How does the Brian Tyler score work in it? Is it mixed too low, as frequent in these type of movies?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Actually it is mixed pretty loud. That´s why it got my attention in the first place. Creates the perfect mood.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    NP: Ratatouille - Michael Giacchino

Yet another of my favourites from Mike G. I absolutely love the jazzy, upbeat melodic tracks here with great instrumentation and orchestration.
  1. lp wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Pandorum -- Michl Britsch

First listen

Saw this movie last night. The score mix was so booming that it was hard to hear the dialogue. Beside that, there weren't much to grasp onto. The album mix may reveal a better score...

fat chance, so far I've come half way, and it's shite
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Mock me all you want. But when you guys start blowing your load about the masterful spotting in Coma or Patton I'll be waiting to around the corner to take a shit on you.

-Erik-

I don't think anyone is being mocked Erik, just people appreciating some witty banter that followed through from the Silvestri thread.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. "The Twilight Zone: The Movie" (bootleg)

Seeing if I like the score enough to get the FSM CD.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    "The Twilight Zone: The Movie" (bootleg)

Seeing if I like the score enough to get the FSM CD.

I appreciated the score more, when I rewatched the movie
    perhaps that's the best way to experience the music
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Already done, but it didn't work. Anyway, I personally appreciate a score by it's sole listening experience.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009 edited
    I've been doing a lot of listening around campus today.

The Three Musketeers

Michael Kamen
    One of those scores I always enjoy listening to all the way through.
    I miss Kamen. crazy

Mission: Impossible

Danny Elfman
    Another one of those excellent listening experiences. One of those rare ones when I love every track on the CD. I wonder why Elfman was so disappointed with this one?
    I love the snare at the opening with the Paramount Logo. Sweet perfection.

The Painted Veil
    Alexandre Desplat
    I don't need to say anything about this one.

The Mask of Zorro
    James Horner
    Great themes. Works wonderfully with the film.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Elfman didn't like MI? It's one of his best.
  5. Here here!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  6. Indeed. One of the cues from that score CD that was also on the song CD, is expanded on the song CD, by the way.
  7. NP: "La Terre Tremblante" (In the Electric Mist, Marco Beltrami)

Lovely song... truly a fine piece of work. Is the rest of the score anywhere near this good?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: "La Terre Tremblante" (In the Electric Mist, Marco Beltrami)

Lovely song... truly a fine piece of work. Is the rest of the score anywhere near this good?

I don't remember much? I'll re-listen. ANd surely watch the movie...have you? I have it sitting on my hdd but couldn't exactly find the appetite to watch it yet.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    omaha wrote
    Mission: Impossible[/b][/red]
    Danny Elfman
    Another one of those excellent listening experiences. One of those rare ones when I love every track on the CD. I wonder why Elfman was so disappointed with this one?
    I love the snare at the opening with the Paramount Logo. Sweet perfection.

I don't think he was disappointing but did acknowledge that it was an extremely hard project to work on with a lot of pressure!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Either way, Silvestri's rejected score ROCKS, although I can't say it fits a Mission Impossible film that well. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    franz_conrad wrote

The song is quite exquisitely good, but the score proper is very much worth a listen as well.
    A very unexpected and lovely work by Beltrami!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Elfman didn't like MI? It's one of his best.

Oh, I most definitely agree. I wouldn't want a single note changed.
    I thought I remembered reading it wasn't up to the par he really wanted.

... It might have been in the Music for Darkened Theater Vol II leaflet.
  8. Maybe because he didn't have the time he'd want to have? It was a replacement score, so kind of written in a hurry?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote

Yes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Either way, Silvestri's rejected score ROCKS, although I can't say it fits a Mission Impossible film that well. punk

Wow! I think it's the worst thing I've ever heard from Silvestri.
  9. Possibly, yes.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    NP: Princess and the Frog ~ Randy Newman
    As a fan of Alan Menken, my opinions over this may be biased even though I tried to listen to this with an open mind. I felt that the main focus of the music here is variety rather than quality. Sure, many interesting styles of the Jazz Age have been incorporated into the songs varying from New Orleans sounds, Broadway, Ragtime and Gospel. But I couldn't pick a single musical number with good, memorable lyrics which to me, for a film like this, is most important. Even Disney's Direct-To-DVD titles' songs tend to have better lyrics than say, "you're not in your world, you're in my world, and I've got friends on the other side *chorus chanting: he's got friends on the other side*", as heard in track 5.

The score portion wasn't satisfying either as it seemed it's started out of nowhere and it didn't quite feel like it's the end when the last cue faded out. Perhaps I got used to Menken's fanfares and big finales, I don't know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    You're not alone, I didn't like it much either. Looking forward to the Rapunzel soundtrack now.
  10. Lair (John Debney & Kevin Kaska)

Big thematic writing of the likes we don't hear often anymore. I can't imagine that a videogame that has bombed the way it has got to have such a momentous musical companion. Well it's like that with films too. Anyway the music is here to stay for eternity, so who cares if the game flopped? Well for one thing, Lair 2 with Debney scoring it seems very unlikely. sad

But let's be happy with what we got by saying this one flat out rocks !!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Lair (John Debney & Kevin Kaska)

Big thematic writing of the likes we don't hear often anymore. I can't imagine that a videogame that has bombed the way it has got to have such a momentous musical companion. Well it's like that with films too. Anyway the music is here to stay for eternity, so who cares if the game flopped? Well for one thing, Lair 2 with Debney scoring it seems very unlikely. sad

But let's be happy with what we got by saying this one flat out rocks !!! punk

I was playing it too. The complete. Wich for me is my what LOTR is for a lot of people.

it's my second favourite score ever. it has all what I want. From Cuthtoad Island fanfarres to ethnic elements from The passion of Christ.

Civilizathion theme and Darkness theme are so Fucking great!!!
  11. Well it has more in common with Cutthroat Island than Passion of the Christ but I get what you're saying. The Debney sound is unique.

I'm happy with the 70 minute version. How long is that complete? Is it even better?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    Well it has more in common with Cutthroat Island than Passion of the Christ but I get what you're saying. The Debney sound is unique.

The Debney sound is unique!? That must rank as my brand new favourite thing I've seen on this forum. Lair might be good fun (and perhaps that's all that matters) but there's barely a single moment in it which isn't lifted from somewhere else.
  12. What I wanted to say is his style is unique... not the actual ripping.
  13. Chain Reaction (Jerry Goldsmith)

The theme is rather bland, however the action in 'Ice Chase' is trademark Jerry and great fun. It's not among his best though.

And best thing of all, this score features a ping pong ball. I love how he introduced all sorts of original sound effects in most of his later scores.