• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    NP: PoTC: Curse Of The Black Pearl - Klaus Badelt, Hans Zimmer and co.

The second and third scores are my favourites, but this one is a damn fun listen too! cool
  1. The Lost World (John Williams)

This is what I consider one of the last true big action scores by the maestro, after 1997 his action writing has changed towards the more rhythmic, where in this one it still is the old-school Raiders style Williams, which is all right by me. The new themes are as strong as the Jurassic Park ones. If the first one had all the wonder and beauty, this one has all the excitement and fun. punk

Love the album, but I absolutely loathe the packaging, which is taking dust somewhere and rightly so.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good choice, don't mind if I join you...

NP : THE LOST WORLD - John Williams

punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Final Fantasy: Spirits Within - Goldenthal

First listen. This is huge. I've never really heard any score that gets quite so big as this one. I'm really looking forward to the third and fourth listen of this one, as I feel like I've only scratched the surface the first time through. Good stuff!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    christopher wrote
    Final Fantasy: Spirits Within - Goldenthal

First listen. This is huge. I've never really heard any score that gets quite so big as this one. I'm really looking forward to the third and fourth listen of this one, as I feel like I've only scratched the surface the first time through. Good stuff!

It IS monumental isn't it. Amazing score!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    Good choice, don't mind if I join you...

NP : THE LOST WORLD - John Williams

punk

punk THE punk RAPTORS punk APPEAR punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No way! punk THE punk HUNT punk by far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009 edited
    Agree, great track but this one blows it away:

punk VISITOR punk IN punk SAN punk DIEGO punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Actually I agree there. That last action cue is fantastic, but the second half of it is from early on in the film if I remember correctly?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    No way! punk THE punk HUNT punk by far.

punk

and Rescuing Sarah punk

It's ALL good really!!! punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009 edited
    It's a fantastic score all round. Best of the Jurassic bunch IMO. smile

Edit: spelt it 'brunch' biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Bourne Supremacy - John Powell

Something to get me pumped up for tonight... punk

Perfect. cool
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Nautilus wrote
    Tintin wrote

NP K2 Hans Zimmer

An engaging and mostly synths score with some very good Pete Haycock guitar lines, some thundering drums and some beautiful ethnic moments by Richard Harvey. It also includes one of my favorite score cue for cello. :Goosebumps: moment

At last! Someone else plays this score.

K2 is one of my favourites scores by Zimmer. A lot of the ethnic stuff was used in later Zimmer scores (gladiator, Prince of Egypt).

The mix of synth and Orchestra is one of his most interesting and the recording, creating a feeling of Echo and Deep, it's perfect for reacreate the landscapes of a mountain.

If only the theme was more memorable....But still one of his bests!

So that makes at least two!

Yeah, the ethnic stuff is so good and The Lion King too. Almost identical melody line there.

No memorable theme? True but at least we get to do some air guitar wink

NP Ricky Philippe Rombi

This man has an unbelievable knack to come up with "perfect" themes and the same thing can be said of his orchestrations in the opening cue.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DINOSAUR - James Newton Howard

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Haha, great! Wish Disney would hire him again. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009
    NP: Back To The Future - Alan Silvestri

Oh baby! One of the greats. Grinning ear to ear here!!! Thank you Intrada!!! 4:06 into "85 Twin Pines Mall" (aka the Lybians) cry Tears of joy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009 edited
    cool beer <<for Erik's happiness! smile
  4. NP: Old Gringo (lee holdridge)

Great score. It's been known to bring tears to my eyes in the finale track.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm getting the same feeling I had when I first spun the Star Wars Anthology CD's and the DCC release of Raiders of the Lost Ark! It all makes me feel like a kid again!

Listening to these scores I can imagine just how much fun they must had writing them!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    LSH wrote

They have, he'll be scoring "Gnomeo And Juliet" next year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    christopher wrote
    Final Fantasy: Spirits Within - Goldenthal

It IS monumental isn't it. Amazing score!

Indeed, it's maybe one of the last scores that will be remembered for years to come, and which was released relatively recently.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DAVID ARNOLD - four brothers

cool
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What's that like, D? The only music I've heard from it was Arnold playing some early demos to demonstrate how unlike-music some parts of it were!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Back To The Future - Alan Silvestri

Oh baby! One of the greats. Grinning ear to ear here!!! Thank you Intrada!!! 4:06 into "85 Twin Pines Mall" (aka the Lybians) cry Tears of joy!

-Erik-

I am happy for you.

Personally, though, I first saw that movie when I was like eleven, and I was so freaked out by that exact scene that it made me hate the entire trilogy for the rest of my life. I haven't the slightest idea why, people always act shocked that I hate the BttF trilogy. I think it was all the eighties-ness, subliminally reminding me of traumatic events from my childhood that I have no memory of rolleyes biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    beer punk fireworks in empathy with Erik.

It's great seeing someone enjoy something that much again. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Lucia - Ennio Morricone

A less-known, very pleasant score by Morricone from 2005. It is very Italianish in sound and orchestration and very melodic throughout. I love it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : INTO THIN AIR : DEATH ON EVEREST - Lee Holdridge

Stunning score! What a shame it's for such a dire made for TV movie and yet, Holdridge gives this 110%. So many talentless hacks in film scoring these days and yet a giant talent like Holdridge is stuck in TV land, there is no justice slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    NP: Independence Day ~ David Arnold

The End Credits cue alone is one of the best (if not the best) pieces of music I've ever heard for this genre. It's massive, epic, heroic, dramatic and a has one of those "grand finale" moments which always makes me wonder how it'd feel like to conduct such a piece, live, in a huge concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sylvos wrote
    NP: Independence Day ~ David Arnold

The End Credits cue alone is one of the best (if not the best) pieces of music I've ever heard for this genre. It's massive, epic, heroic, dramatic and a has one of those "grand finale" moments which always makes me wonder how it'd feel like to conduct such a piece, live, in a huge concert.

Same here! That finale never fails to get me air conducting. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    DemonStar wrote
    LSH wrote

They have, he'll be scoring "Gnomeo And Juliet" next year.

Right... I didn't know that was a Disney film.