• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    Now there's a great score I haven't played for a loooooooonnnng time. and played by the LSO no less. cool

Unfortunately, there are no credits as to who recorded the score but it does sound like a Tomlinson recordings... which is REALLY good!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have it on LP Erik which credits the LSO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    I have it on LP Erik which credits the LSO.

Yeah, the Varese disc does too but nothing concerning the engineer and whatnot.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: K2 - Hans Zimmer

First listen... and I LOVE it!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

First listen

-Erik-

shocked
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

First listen

-Erik-

shocked

I know... I know. shame

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Haven't heard it either, even after Jordi told me I had to. shame
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Of course You do. It's one of his most creative, honest and succesful scores blending orchestra with synthetiser and ethnic stuff.

The Whole score it's mind blowing.
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Of course You do. It's one of his most creative, honest and succesful scores blending orchestra with synthetiser and ethnic stuff.

it's been a very long time since I heard that score, if I still remember that first track is a great cue, must hear that one again
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Alexandre Desplat

A very relaxing album. Makes me feel... Christmassy. christmas_smile
  2. Steven wrote

a snooz album, that's what it is sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Indeed it is. It's has quickly become one of my favorite Zimmer scores!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Dracula - John Williams

A nice remastering of this would be an instant purchase for me. Come on, Varese! Do this masterwork justice!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

Yeah, let's listen to some Tyler Bates instead wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

Well, that would at least wake him up!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Yeah, he'd surely wake up whilst running for the vomit-bag!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Well said Erik beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    oh wait, you two are......s...serious? :lolcat:
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    oh wait, you two are......s...serious? :lolcat:

Not in the fact that Bates music is better than Desplat's but Benjamin Button is such snoozer! sleep

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

Exactly, it's wonderful! It's so relaxing. Next time you're stressed, or you have a headache, just put this score on. It works wonders.

A great album IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Superman IV: The Quest For Peace - Alexander Courage

Easily the best of the Superman sequel scores. Courage adapts old and new themes perfectly while giving this fourth outing a fresh sound and not just a general rehash of the 1978 classic score. The Nuclear Man theme is a underrated gem by Williams and Courage's arrangements are sparkling! Excellent score!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

Exactly, it's wonderful! It's so relaxing. Next time you're stressed, or you have a headache, just put this score on. It works wonders.

A great album IMO.

I'd rather reach for something with a bit more emotion... give me something like... It's My Party by Basil Poledouris.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

A great album IMO.

Man, seriously. There's beautiful themes in there, melody, relaxation, charm. Desplat hitting one note on the keyboard for an hour would be ages more interesting than any of the Tyler Bates crap out there btw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    When I want to relax, I don't really care if it has emotion. As long as it's relaxing - and Benjamin Button is like morphine. It's not something I'd want to play loud, this isn't Star Wars, but it's a great background listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    When I want to relax, I don't really care if it has emotion. As long as it's relaxing - and Benjamin Button is like morphine. It's not something I'd want to play loud, this isn't Star Wars, but it's a great background listen.

Still there ARE emotions in there. But i think we've discussed this again and you did bring Star Wars as an example too, back then, it's like only strong, grand orchestral fanfares hold any kind of emotions for you! wink And btw i was agreeing with you, what i wrote was for Erik and Thomas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Still there ARE emotions in there. But i think we've discussed this again and you did bring Star Wars as an example too, back then, it's like only strong, grand orchestral fanfares hold any kind of emotions for you! wink And btw i was agreeing with you, what i wrote was for Erik and Thomas.

I've only used Star Wars as an example as a comparison to Benjamin Button. My point is, and always has been, that Benjamin Button -unlike Star Wars- isn't about grand themes and epic narrative. And I've certainly never said that orchestral fanfares are the only kind of film scores that hold any emotion for me? confused In fact, I agree Benjamin Button has plenty of emotion - it's just very subtle. Which, in this case, I like. D, I'm on your side when it comes to this score! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

I've only used Star Wars as an example as a comparison to Benjamin Button. My point is, and always has been, that Benjamin Button -unlike Star Wars- isn't about grand themes and epic narrative. And I've certainly never said that orchestral fanfares are the only kind of film scores that hold any emotion for me? confused In fact, I agree Benjamin Button has plenty of emotion - it's just very subtle. Which, in this case, I like. D, I'm on your side when it comes to this score! dizzy

I know my friend, it's one of those few cases you're on my side biggrin My point is irrelevant to this, i just remember another similar discussion we had in the past where "emotions" came up and you brought Star wars again as an example (or was it Broughton?)..anyway, beating it too much !
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I actually have some opinions about Benjamin Button. Shall I share? smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't know what we were discussing, but bear in mind that "strong, grand orchestral fanfares" aren't the only type of film scoring that hold any emotion for me. I probably said that that's what I prefer in film music, before the wrong end of the stick you get. wink
  4. You tell 'em, Steven.

NP: Killing Room (Brian Tyler)

Not bad. A bit dull at this length though, and the best moments were contained in the SAE soundclips (making me think the score had a different character to what it does). What it does show is that Tyler is a pretty capable composer. Had he been breaking his pattern more like this in the last decade, I would have more time for his music.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am