• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote

Star Trek (Michael Giacchino)

Very enjoyable. I like it very much, a different sound for Star Trek but good. Just what a reboot needs.

Geez can't you listen to something better???? dizzy
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  1. Your quoting should've been the other way around, but I'll soon be listening to Fellowship of the Ring, inside the film, the extended cut that is.

So would that be better?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Damn good! you know, seriously speaking, i just adore LOTR trilogy scores, especially complete recordings. This time you made a right choice. beer kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Atonement - Dario Marianelli

Gorgeous. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Atonement - Dario Marianelli

Gorgeous. cool

Agreed. Wonderful music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    LOTR: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING (Complete Recordings)

This is all time best score release. Score release of the century. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...only another 90 years to go....
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Very enjoyable. I like it very much, a different sound for Star Trek but good. Just what a reboot needs.

That's what the reboot needed, but question is : do WE need the reboot?

Of course not. I sure as hell wanted one though, and glad there was one.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The question is irrelevant - it was a great movie, so no harm done.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Absolutely! And one of the most enjoyable films I watched this year.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Backdraft - Hans Zimmer

punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Backdraft - Hans Zimmer

punk

The only Hans Zimmer score where I would award this > punk < for! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: BTTF - Alan Silvestri

Pure nostalgia. The main theme and ancillaries are great, though most of the underscore works better in the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote

For me, "it's the reboot that worked, not the music."
  2. I sure as hell am more interested in Star Trek rebooting than the Batman franchise.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JESUS OF NAZARETH - Maurice Jarre

Gorgeous score, very powerful and very moving.
  3. Supergirl (Jerry Goldsmith)

Man I tell you, the overture is to my ears simply of the best things Jerry has ever written, any score opening with such a track is already a winner in my book. It sums up in six minutes what I feel about Supergirl: genuine excitement, old-school adventure and FUN ALL THE WAY. I also love the darker music for the nemesis, best heard in 'The Monster Tractor', and the synth effect during the main theme is so cool!!! Though we could argue Goldsmith has written better overall, it remains one of my most played albums (Silva), it always sends me right up there with the absolute best he has done.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Supergirl theme is one of the great themes, better IMO than his Star Trek titles. There are many highlights on the Silva album but I find it an overall tiring listening experience and have to skip a few tracks.
  4. Skipping tracks? sad

Blasphemy ! knight
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm all for complete releases but in Supergirl's case the old Varese track line up was almost perfect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Of course not. I sure as hell wanted one though, and glad there was one.

Me too. And I did NOT get it on Blu-Ray for my birthday, despite specifically requesting it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Did heads roll?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  5. Were bananas used?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yes. I used my two favourite fruits - bananas and tomatoes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A fine choice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Regarding Henry (Zimmer)

"Budy grove" has a really mind blowing synth effect (wich reminds me to A Dark Knight).

The main theme is one of this simple, but really effective Zimmer notes.

One of earlier Zimmer scores I can listen.
  6. I actually don't like this one much... The only early scores I can listen to are: A World Apart (though mostly the theme only), Backdraft, K2, Lion King, Driving Miss Daisy.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Regarding Henry is gorgeous. One of my top Zimmers. The Bobby McFerrin vocal contributions are great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Regarding Henry is gorgeous. One of my top Zimmers. The Bobby McFerrin vocal contributions are great.

Totally, completely agree. SUch a nostalgic listen!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.