• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009
    Exodus - Ernest Gold

Terrific recording of a fine score.
  1. Rudy (Jerry Goldsmith)

Wondrously wonderful. Magical masterpiece. All hail Jerry ! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Legends of the Fall James Horner

Legendary music for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES - Stanley Myers

Boy but that main theme is highly addictive and is repeated in different arrangements during the course of the album.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: That Championship Season...Bill Conti
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LES MISERABLES - Basil Poledouris

Superb!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Perhaps my favourite Poledouris score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Perhaps my favourite Poledouris score.

It's not mine ( no prizes for guessing which one is wink ) but it IS a fabulous score, beautiful and very moving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

It's not mine ( no prizes for guessing which one is wink )

Love and Treason?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You are very funny man Mr Erik rolleyes biggrin wink
  3. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

It's not mine ( no prizes for guessing which one is wink ) but it IS a fabulous score, beautiful and very moving.

Conan is his BEST score, but Les Miserables is my favourite, does it make sense? smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indubitably beer cool

NP : THE WIND AND THE LION - Jerry Goldsmith

Corking score! punk

( this score has a big link with Conan too! )
  4. At least the director, yes smile

I guess Milius has specific harmonic preferences. Goldsmith's love theme is very in tune with the general sound of Poledouris' themes.
  5. NP: The House of The Devil - Jeff Grace

First listen to Mikael's newest release.

The first few cues are very low-key affairs. There's definitely an unsettling feel to this score with the use of a detuned piano alongside atmospheric string writing.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    NP : LES MISERABLES - Basil Poledouris

Superb!

Incredible score, very very emotional.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    At least the director, yes smile

I guess Milius has specific harmonic preferences. Goldsmith's love theme is very in tune with the general sound of Poledouris' themes.

Milius got Poledouris to listen to JG's Wind And The Lion before he started Conan.
  6. Cool! I didn't know that before!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HARRY GREGSON WILLIAMS - man on fire

Very, very good and sentimental modern listen.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

I feel sick just thinking about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I feel sick just thinking about it.

biggrin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Aliens - James Horner

First Listen. So far it's...scary. And either very loud or very quiet.
  8. NP: Goldfinger - John Barry

A great album from start to finish. The whole finale is film score magic! Never mind air conducting, "air timpani" in "Arrival of The Bomb and Countdown" is a necessity.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    christopher wrote
    Aliens - James Horner

One of THE great scores! I'd like to hear more of your virgin opinion on this one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Goldfinger - John Barry

A great album from start to finish. The whole finale is film score magic! Never mind air conducting, "air timpani" in "Arrival of The Bomb and Countdown" is a necessity.

Surprise surprise ( wink ) I agree 100%

Though it's not my favourite Bond score this is the one that is pure genius and is just as much a 'character' as the actors in it, and yeah, Arrival of The Bomb and Countdown is pure bombastic greatness! THE Bond score that should have been Oscar nominated and THE Bond song that should have been Oscar nominated and WON!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ~ John Williams

Perfect for Sunday morning! And also my daddy's favourite! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  9. While I think you're choice is more than great, Stavroula, my perfect sunday morning score is:

The Land Before Time (James Horner)

In my opinion Horner's best score for an animated feature. Can you listen to this and not be taken away by the magical nature of its gorgeous themes? I sure can't.

Oh the days of great movie scoring, how I miss them !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. christopher wrote
    Aliens - James Horner

My first listen was while watching what would become my favourite film ever. So my first listen was just a bit more than totally awesome. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    While I think you're choice is more than great, Stavroula, my perfect sunday morning score is:

The Land Before Time (James Horner)

In my opinion Horner's best score for an animated feature. Can you listen to this and not be taken away by the magical nature of its gorgeous themes? I sure can't.

Oh the days of great movie scoring, how I miss them !!!

Yeah, I think that's a great choice for a Sunday morning score.

I haven't played anything yet but was watching a Channel 4 show all about Girls Aloud....very watchable it was too! lick love
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DRACULA - Wojciech Kilar

In my top 10 best scores of the 90's cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CROSSED SWORDS - Maurice Jarre

Rollicking good score! punk