• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    Wonderful day today. The weather is fine, the coffee is hot and I'm in the mood for traveling... a journey perhaps with a pirate ship...

NP: Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End ~ Hans Zimmer

The blending of the themes is more than wonderful! My favourite score when I'm driving my car. Imagine a crazy lady driving through the streets of Sparta with this score on louder than loud! punk
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that in Davey Jones' locker we lie.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    biggrin
    Good one!
    But the original is even better!
    "Go tell Spartans passerby that here by Spartan law we lie"! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Becoming Colette (John Scott)

Another great work from Scott for (another) unknown film. The two main themes are exquisitely beautiful and the more classical oriented cues are also remarkable.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    NP Becoming Colette (John Scott)

I always know you was a little bit g_y.... tongue moon
  1. Stavroula wrote
    biggrin
    Good one!
    But the original is even better!
    "Go tell Spartans passerby that here by Spartan law we lie"! wink

About what? confused wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    About nothing.
    They just lie about. Period.
    Lazy bums.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    My dear Pawel you know what I mean! wink
    The ultimate Spartan law was to die defending Sparta and of course Greece. This is the epigraph in Thermopiles saying that who ever passes from there should tell Spartans that the 300 followed their law and died for their country. Brilliant moment in Ancient Greek history.
  2. The legend says that the epigraph was written by no-one other than Simonides, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Of course the true story is that it all a big misunderstanding about a restaurant reservation.
    Dining is serious business to the Greeks, but unfortunately even more so to the Persians.

However in an early bid to dissuade youngsters from obesity, this story was deemed inappropriate for the history books, so it was reworked into an epic battle with CGI sixpack abs.

It's all true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited
    The legend says that the epigraph was written by no-one other than Simonides, right?

Correct!
    Unfortunately the original stone did not survive the passing time so the had to replace it. But the words curve on it remain powerful till this day. Visiting the place was one of the highlights of my life till now. As Konstantinos Kavafis said " Timi se keinous pou sti zoi tous orisan kai filagoun Thermopiles" : Honored be the ones whose lives they chose to spend for gurding Thermopiles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Of course the true story is that it all a big misunderstanding about a restaurant reservation.
    Dining is serious business to the Greeks, but unfortunately even more so to the Persians.

However in an early bid to dissuade youngsters from obesity, this story was deemed inappropriate for the history books, so it was reworked into an epic battle with CGI sixpack abs.

It's all true.

crazy crazy crazy
  3. One of the reasons I HAVE to see Greece is that I simply adore your ancient literature smile .
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    THIS IS THE NOW PLAYING THREAD

crazy

NP: The Film Music of Francis Chagrin - Francis Chagrin
    Rumon Gamba conducting the BBC Philharmonic

My first listen... man, I love re-recordings! I've never listened to any of Chagrin's music but the opening track from Helter Skelter opened my eyes. This is a wonderful introduction to a composer I knew nothing about! As with all Chandos recordings the album features strong performances and dazzling sound quality!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote

Yep.
    And I'm playing with Stavi's mind. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Erik Woods wrote

crazy

OK OK!!! Don't get overexcited!!! By the way how's the baby? Oh... I forgot... this is the Now Playing Thread tongue
  4. Erik Woods wrote

NO

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Getting my coat...
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

NO

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Getting my coat...

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I know... I know... I tend to get off topic as well. shame I will just sit back, sip on my vanilla hazelnut coffee and enjoy this splendid Francis Chagrin album while the rest of you play.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause

NP: Bejeweled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Yep.
    And I'm playing with Stavi's mind. smile

You, of course having the god-like power to play with everyone's mind as you please. wink

And I thought this was the 'Greek Mythology discussion' thread until Erik told me otherwise. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

crazy

Jeez, no need to be racist!

(Too soon?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

crazy

(Too soon?)

Right on time! beer

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    One of the reasons I HAVE to see Greece is that I simply adore your ancient literature smile .

You'll adore our current juicy treasures too once you come here, most likely you'll forget about the ancient stuff wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    crazy

(Too soon?)

Now you're just playing the fool. slant

Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    One of the reasons I HAVE to see Greece is that I simply adore your ancient literature smile .

You'll adore our current juicy treasures too once you come here, most likely you'll forget about the ancient stuff wink

beer
    YES!
    I can attest to that! lick

Greek olives are indeed the best in the world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Erik Woods wrote

My first listen... man, I love re-recordings! I've never listened to any of Chagrin's music but the opening track from Helter Skelter opened my eyes. This is a wonderful introduction to a composer I knew nothing about! As with all Chandos recordings the album features strong performances and dazzling sound quality!

-Erik-

Wow! Just wow! What. An. Album!!! Greyfriars Bobby is an excellent, melodic suite. I would love to see a release of that score some day. It's a Disney property... Intrada maybe?! Chagrin had a gift for melody and created his music with tight, detailed and creative orchestrations. This album is boat load of fun!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

YES!
    I can attest to that! lick

Greek olives are indeed the best in the world.

And fetta.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Wow! Just wow! What. An. Album!!! Greyfriars Bobby is an excellent, melodic suite. I would love to see a release of that score some day. It's a Disney property... Intrada maybe?! Chagrin had a gift for melody and created his music with tight, detailed and creative orchestrations. This album is boat load of fun!

-Erik-

Chandos are just a few miles away from where I live. Plus my Dad knows the manager. And I like film music. I'm wondering why I don't have this one. Hmm...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

I WILL be getting this one, thanks Erik beer

Now make sure you get around to listening to Clifford Parker and Arthur Bliss.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

Chandos are just a few miles away from where I live. Plus my Dad knows the manager. And I like film music. I'm wondering why I don't have this one. Hmm...

shocked

cool Go forth and multiply punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt