• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009
    NP : SCOTT OF THE ANTARCTIC - Ralph Vaughan Williams

A classic film score with awesome music, even Star Trek TMP like in places, check out Ice Floes and likely an influence on Herrmann's fantasy works, this is breathtakingly descriptive film music at it's finest.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI - Malcolm Arnold

A fine score but I can easily do without the Colonel Bogie March ( not composed by Arnold anyway ), never liked it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    From Part XXXII

Marselus wrote
    Tintin wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DARIO MARIANELLI - agora

Slowly but steadily, and with the repeated listens, i am being convinced that this is the most beautiful, emotional and melodic orchestral score of the year so far, with outstanding lyrical qualities and brilliant compositions, esp. the climax and finale. I am very, very impressed with Dario.

I was stunned too. It is the type a score that really takes time to process and digest since it is quite complex.

And you need to watch the film, trust me. Hope it gets a release in your country.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    From Part XXXII:

DemonStar wrote
    NP: 2012 - Harold Kloser

Hmm.. I'm liking this. Quite similar to his Day After Tomorrow score but also has a good MV edge to it in the action cues, some great orchestral/choral cues too, parts slightly resembling Arnold's Godzilla score. Nice effort!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Please! copy my post about A Dark Knight! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

You could do it yourself? It's not that hard actually... <-- Me saying that in the nicest way possible. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

You could do it yourself? It's not that hard actually... <-- Me saying that in the nicest way possible. wink

-Erik-

Come on....The Troll incident changed you?? I want the old Erik! With his superb sarcasm! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Troll incident?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    GI Joe - Alan Silvestri

Can I get through it this time..?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote

No.
    It was wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    GI Joe - Alan Silvestri

Why you punish yourself ?
    If you don't like Silvestri even with it's good, why listen one of his loudest scores ever?:P
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Trying to write a review. I was going to say "it's as if he's given up" but have to change my opinion after hearing Christmas Carol, which is really pretty good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    GI Joe - Alan Silvestri

Why you punish yourself ?
    If you don't like Silvestri even with it's good, why listen one of his loudest scores ever?:P

Silvestri's G.I.Joe is PANTS!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote

No.
    It was wrong.

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Trying to write a review. I was going to say "it's as if he's given up" but have to change my opinion after hearing Christmas Carol, which is really pretty good.

So....you punish yourself listening GI joe for a review, but You can't do that with Angels and Demons???

What happen to the reviewers with this Zimmer score???? I think it's one of the few scores from Zimmer with a official release without review in the major sites.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Robocop 3 - Basil Poledouris (Complete Score)

First listen ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

So....you punish yourself listening GI joe for a review, but You can't do that with Angels and Demons???

What happen to the reviewers with this Zimmer score???? I think it's one of the few scores from Zimmer with a official release without review in the major sites.

Well, just for you, I'll write A&D tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

Can i give you a few directions? tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009 edited
    Edit : sorry, wrong quote
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

You have my condolences James.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

Yes please!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Magnificent Seven - Elmer Bernstein

Magnificent!

:elmer:

I love Elmer!

:elmer:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE - Max Steiner

A truly classic film with an exceptional score, probably my favourite of Steiner's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

James - You have to make A&D your first donated review! Let Jordi write this one.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Martijn wrote
    From Part XXXII

Marselus wrote
    Tintin wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DARIO MARIANELLI - agora

Slowly but steadily, and with the repeated listens, i am being convinced that this is the most beautiful, emotional and melodic orchestral score of the year so far, with outstanding lyrical qualities and brilliant compositions, esp. the climax and finale. I am very, very impressed with Dario.

I was stunned too. It is the type a score that really takes time to process and digest since it is quite complex.

And you need to watch the film, trust me. Hope it gets a release in your country.

I'm very interested in the movie. if it isn't released on the big screen, I'll wait for the DVD. It should get here eventually- maybe at the film festival?

NP Remember the Titans Trevor Rabin

Love it. That theme always gets to me. Goosbumps. n there. It is a very good and short listening experience some Armageddon influence in it.
  1. Timmer wrote
    NP : THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI - Malcolm Arnold

A fine score but I can easily do without the Colonel Bogie March ( not composed by Arnold anyway ), never liked it.

Which version are you listening to, Tim?

Is the suite of cues on the Chandos "Film Music of Sir Malcolm Arnold" CD a good representation of the original tracks?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009
    NP Die Päpstin a.k.a Pope Joan Marcel Barsotti

This is such a superlative score for me.

I'm just amazed at the incredible film music that came our way this year. Agora by Dario Marianelli, Baaria by Ennio Morricone, two excellent scores by Giacchino: Star Trek and Up, the wonderous scores by Philippe Rombi Ricky and Un Homme et son Chien, Alexandre Desplat that produces excellent scores in his sleep and that is not counting the amount of older scores (holy grails) that were released this year. We are very fortunate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009
    You left out Transformers 2! shocked