• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    I recently bought an American Audio TT record beltdrive turntable which i connected to my m-audio profire 2626 amp / audio interface and my 2 esi 5'' studio monitors, which gave me a very good sound on LP's. I bought the following used but in good-to-excellent condition LP's which i am enjoying immensely for a week now! It's quite a nice experience i'd say, especially for someone who was never into LP's in the first place. Now that companies started launching brand new technology and very affordable lp's, it's a very good chance for newer generations, music lovers and audiophiles to venture into the re-take on an older technology that adds a lot of warmth and enjoyment into the overall music listening experience!

ALIEN (Jerry Goldsmith) (original release)
    STAR TREK MOVIE (Jerry Goldsmith) (original release)
    THE GODFATHER (Nino Rota)
    THE PIANO (Nyman)
    THE SHELTERING SKY (Ryuichi sakamoto) (original release)
    THE LAST EMPEROR (Ryuichi sakamoto) (original release)

I am looking for new or used lps in good condition, from stores that send international orders in good prices, or even individuals who are reliable, or even general discussion on the subject matter. I am especially interested in LITTLE BUDDHA by Sakamoto, or non-spaggheti western Morricone score, Delerue, Barry, and generally melodic, romantic film scores of all eras, especially older material, golden age etc etc.

Cheers wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    I can heartily recommend Backtrack in Rye in the UK, who (used to?) have a sizeable collection of second-hand LPs in good condition. I got many a good haul from them (though in all honesty, it is quite some time ago).

Worth checking out their catalogues, though!

www.backtrackrye.com
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Like VHS tapes there are a lot of LP's around. As the remastering takes place from LP to CD there is less particular interest in that title for the majority of the population
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    I can heartily recommend Backtrack in Rye in the UK, who (used to?) have a sizeable collection of second-hand LPs in good condition. I got many a good haul from them (though in all honesty, it is quite some time ago).

Worth checking out their catalogues, though!

www.backtrackrye.com

I've been there! Expensive but charming little shop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Expensive?
    You think?

I actually found them quite reasonable!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Maybe they just didn't like me and overcharged. I think I have one of those faces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Actually, you're right. They're selling King Kong for £16.50! Bargain.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you get slapped by random strangers?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Do you get slapped by random strangers?

So... that's not how we greet each other in England? Oh.... sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know. Them foreign types are in for a shock eh?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, I dunno. Us foreign types have been known to react adequately to that sort of thing now and again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I might consider selling my vinyl at some point just because of the space it takes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I sell nothing.
    I might replace once a proper CD replacement comes out, but I'm hanging on to the rest for dear life! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've just found that as I'm getting older I'm downsizing a bit. Remember at one time I had nearly 2000 square feet and now I'm down to under 600. My wall space is almost all taken up with bookcases holding my books, DVD's, and CD's.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn, how are the LP's of Soldaat van Oranje and Lawrence of Arabia?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    They're fine and send you their regards. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn. What the fudge is this you're all smoking here tonight? I had a terribly stressed day at work, i want what you're smoking!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me? I'm just smokin'!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011 edited
    I highly recommend The Dark Knight double LP. The artwork is gorgeous!

And many thank Martijn for your link to Backtrack. I just snagged The Last Crusade and Empire for a very reasonable price! beer

Does anybody know if Tron Legacy will be released on LP? I saw a listing on Amazon in January but its since disappeared.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    I'd be tempted by The Dark Knight if the music was good. tongue wink

I haven't forgotten to pull out my deep storage LP's Ant, I'll let you know, complete with list soon.

p.s. how much did you pay for The Last Crusade and "Empire"? ( 'Sun' or 'Back'? ) And if it was The Empire Strikes Back was it the double LP?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ten pounds each. But I don't know if Empire is a double, I didn't realise there were two. Hopefully it's the one with fancy artwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Ten pounds each. But I don't know if Empire is a double, I didn't realise there were two. Hopefully it's the one with fancy artwork.

That's a radio play.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Never seen that cover before? So, you fancy the fancy artwork over a 2 LP release? cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

That's a radio play.

-Erik-

Ahhhhhhhhhh! 'The Adventures of Luke Skywalker' at the top should have been a giveaway. biggrin

So, you've ordered a radio play then, Ant? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    I highly recommend The Dark Knight double LP. The artwork is gorgeous!

And many thank Martijn for your link to Backtrack. I just snagged The Last Crusade and Empire for a very reasonable price! beer

Does anybody know if Tron Legacy will be released on LP? I saw a listing on Amazon in January but its since disappeared.

Where can i find the dark knight double lp?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

That's a radio play.

-Erik-

Ahhhhhhhhhh! 'The Adventures of Luke Skywalker' at the top should have been a giveaway. biggrin

So, you've ordered a radio play then, Ant? biggrin

No, but clearly that's the one I want.

Now what am I going to do with a silly 2 LP release? rolleyes wink
  1. I used to have that LP. I remember it was just 1 LP in a gatefold presentation. I think I still have it at my parents house in storage.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    D, I got my copy of TDN off eBay, however I believe the copies listed below on Amazon are the same and the artwork is just incorrect.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Vinyl … B001BE0MFM

Here is what you get:

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4

(crazy rug not included)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But they're very pricy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I don't miss snaps, crackles and pops but I love LP gatefolds and the large art work!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!