• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    Wow, you're into watersports?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I just think he jumped the shark here...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Where is this thread going? shocked

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    I recently bought an American Audio TT record beltdrive turntable which i connected to my m-audio profire 2626 amp / audio interface and my 2 esi 5'' studio monitors, which gave me a very good sound on LP's. I bought the following used but in good-to-excellent condition LP's which i am enjoying immensely for a week now! It's quite a nice experience i'd say, especially for someone who was never into LP's in the first place. Now that companies started launching brand new technology and very affordable lp's, it's a very good chance for newer generations, music lovers and audiophiles to venture into the re-take on an older technology that adds a lot of warmth and enjoyment into the overall music listening experience!

ALIEN (Jerry Goldsmith) (original release)
    STAR TREK MOVIE (Jerry Goldsmith) (original release)
    THE GODFATHER (Nino Rota)
    THE PIANO (Nyman)
    THE SHELTERING SKY (Ryuichi sakamoto) (original release)
    THE LAST EMPEROR (Ryuichi sakamoto) (original release)

I am looking for new or used lps in good condition, from stores that send international orders in good prices, or even individuals who are reliable, or even general discussion on the subject matter. I am especially interested in LITTLE BUDDHA by Sakamoto, or non-spaggheti western Morricone score, Delerue, Barry, and generally melodic, romantic film scores of all eras, especially older material, golden age etc etc.

Cheers wave

As I said before I have brand new copies of Pan's Labyrinth, Blue Velvet, and Gettysburg released by MILAN. E-mail me if you're interested.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    I just think he jumped the shark here...

Sort of. Skidded on D's oil is more accurate.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Down an oily path just like D's vinyl by the looks of it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I recently bought an American Audio TT record beltdrive turntable which i connected to my m-audio profire 2626 amp / audio interface and my 2 esi 5'' studio monitors, which gave me a very good sound on LP's. I bought the following used but in good-to-excellent condition LP's which i am enjoying immensely for a week now! It's quite a nice experience i'd say, especially for someone who was never into LP's in the first place. Now that companies started launching brand new technology and very affordable lp's, it's a very good chance for newer generations, music lovers and audiophiles to venture into the re-take on an older technology that adds a lot of warmth and enjoyment into the overall music listening experience!

ALIEN (Jerry Goldsmith) (original release)
    STAR TREK MOVIE (Jerry Goldsmith) (original release)
    THE GODFATHER (Nino Rota)
    THE PIANO (Nyman)
    THE SHELTERING SKY (Ryuichi sakamoto) (original release)
    THE LAST EMPEROR (Ryuichi sakamoto) (original release)

I am looking for new or used lps in good condition, from stores that send international orders in good prices, or even individuals who are reliable, or even general discussion on the subject matter. I am especially interested in LITTLE BUDDHA by Sakamoto, or non-spaggheti western Morricone score, Delerue, Barry, and generally melodic, romantic film scores of all eras, especially older material, golden age etc etc.

Cheers wave

As I said before I have brand new copies of Pan's Labyrinth, Blue Velvet, and Gettysburg released by MILAN. E-mail me if you're interested.
    Thomas

You mean they're for sale?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Ssssssss hot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    yes they are for sale
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited
    I finally completed my Indy set. Just to the right of them is Empire Strikes Back and Close Encounters. I need one more Williams score and I've got a whole wall of him. Jaws 2 I'm thinking if I can find it. smile
  1. A great way to use the artwork. If only I had looked after all my LPs. They have gone now.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011
    Anthony wrote
    I finally completed my Indy set. Just to the right of them is Empire Strikes Back and Close Encounters. I need one more Williams score and I've got a whole wall of him. Jaws 2 I'm thinking if I can find it. smile

Are those custom made frames Anthony ?
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    They're standard vinyl frames that cost £5 a pair.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Anthony wrote
    They're standard vinyl frames that cost £5 a pair.

Aha , thanks ...
    I've never seen those here ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    Anthony wrote

Looks good. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    -Erik-

I probably have what 'D' is looking for but he never responds.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
    Sorry Tom, i just remembered this. I am interested in PAN'S LABYRINTH vinyl.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011
    $20 plus shipping. email me with your address.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011
    Just got me Alfred Newman's Airport.
    Though nice enough (and with alovely theme), it never was a true favourite of mine, but at 2 Euros I couldn't resist. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Martijn wrote
    Just got me Alfred Newman's Airport.
    Though nice enough (and with alovely theme), it never was a true favourite of mine, but at 2 Euros I couldn't resist. smile

I actually like the theme
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    $20 plus shipping. email me with your address.
    Thomas

Thanks. I'll get back to you when i have the moneys.
  2. The first four film music related over 20 yahrens back were

- Chariots of Fire (Vangelis)

- Return of the Jedi (Williams)
    When 13 years old I didn't really like anything but the main title. In fact I was upset that the concert version of that theme wasn't on that album.

- "Wilder Westen inklusieve" (Tony Carey) The score for a German mini series. The song "Room with a View" by Tony Carey hit the charts then.

- "The Sound of the Wild West" A crappy compilation of synth re-recordings of classic western themes. Out of the question today but back then I played the thing ad nauseam.

I still own this LPs today. The first three are also in my CD collection. I have created a playlist according to that synth western compilation using only the original recordings.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013
    Still have the vinyl though I seldom play it.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2020
    Does anyone know of film music releases not available on cd, digital? So exclusively on vinyl?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2020
    Joep wrote
    Does anyone know of film music releases not available on cd, digital? So exclusively on vinyl?

You mean in the post-vinyl age, I take it? Because I believe there are a lot of old soundtrack LPs that never got a CD reissue.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2020 edited
    Yes. and the more recent, the better; a 2020 score only released on vinyl in 2020. However, examples of a 1980s score that premiers on vinyl only in 2020, those are also welcome.

A composer I know is thinking of eleasing one of his scores exclusively on vinyl.
  3. Joep wrote

The most recent expansion of Zimmer's Mission: Impossible 2.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2020 edited
    Thanks, that gives me one semi-example.
  4. Weren't Stylotone's releases of the OSTs of MARNIE and TWISTED NERVE exclusives to vinyl (though the purchases included CD and mp3 - so maybe negates these from your subject).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Joep wrote
    Thanks, that gives me one semi-example.

Same thing happened with True Romance which actually was an exclusive for a while, then it came out digitally.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website