• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    New assignments:

LITTLE MERMAID III
    IMPY'S ISLAND 2

Check it out at http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … d-iii.html

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why do they even make these movies anymore?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    As the kids especially in Germany, Schwitzerland and Austria loved the first IMPY'S ISLAND movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And Dooley´s score was pretty good. Hope the second one will be as good or better than the first.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    And according to the IMDB, he finished work on Bachelor 2: Last Temptation too.

The Little Mermaid 3 will be released on DVD August 26 in the U.S., and will be the last DisneyToon direct-to-video feature. Thank goodness John Lasseter put a stop to this Disney DTV sequel mess.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    Matt C wrote
    And according to the IMDB, he finished work on Bachelor 2: Last Temptation too.

The Little Mermaid 3

Wow rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    Why with the sarcasm? I thought McNeely (or Danny Troob) would do TLM 3 instead of a former MV employee. And after TLM 3 is over, no more useless Disney cannibalized DVD sequels.

Can't say the same for Fox though. angry
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The sarcasm is for the crap projects they're getting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    The sarcasm is for the crap projects they're getting.

Like Joel McNeely on Cinderella 3 - A Twist In Time?

Work is work. And if you're not an A-list composer, you get what you can and do the best. At least the production still wants some sort of original scoring, and not just pasting in the old score and call it a day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Work is work alright but it's 90% sure that with stuff like that (Cinderella 3? Come on!) the score will be nothing short but generic and most probably uninteresting as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008
    Dooley's score to Urmel - Voll in Fahrt (aka IMPY'S ISLAND 2) gets a release on May 2:

http://www.amazon.de/Urmel-Voll-Fahrt-O … amp;sr=1-1
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008
    DisneyToon Studios has a long-held tradition of employing large orchestral scores for their movies, and recently the score to the new prequel The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning was recorded. Featuring a new score by composer Jim Dooley and original songs by Jeanine Tesori, ScoringSessions.com has the exclusive photos from the scoring sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/133/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008 edited
    Wow, yet another movie in the Little Mermaid series! I think only Lion King and Aladdin have had the honour of having 3 movies as far as I can remember (and Return of Jafar was horrible tongue )

Very nice photos, Dan! beer Any idea if there'll be a score release of this or not?
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    DemonStar wrote
    Very nice photos, Dan! beer Any idea if there'll be a score release of this or not?

Thanks! No idea about a score release, sadly, but we're hoping to put up some nice things on Jim's website, including a video featurette on the scoring session!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    dgoldwas wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Thanks! No idea about a score release, sadly, but we're hoping to put up some nice things on Jim's website, including a video featurette on the scoring session!!

Looking forward to it! biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008
    Yeah nice article! I always like to see "behind-the-scenes" stuff. smile

I've heard the name of Jeanine Tesori... so I googled... then found out she's writing songs for Disney's Rapunzel, and a musical version of Shrek. (Shrek for musical? dizzy)

I think The Little Mermaid III iTunes release could be possible, because they released Brother Bear 2 (score by Dave Metzger) there.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. PUSHING DAISIES
    Original Television Soundtrack

Music Composed by James Dooley

"Original," "rewarding," "enchanting" and "clever" are some of the ways in which critics describe Pushing Daisies, the innovative and imaginative new series from Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, Heroes) and Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black), which makes its highly-anticipated DVD and Blu-ray debut on September 16, 2008 from Warner Home Video.

Presented in visually stunning, storybook-like cinematography, Pushing Daisies follows the offbeat escapades of Ned (Lee Pace), a young man who during his childhood discovers he has the ability of bringing the dead back to life with a single touch. First, he resurrects his golden retriever Digby after he is hit by a truck, and later brings his own mother back to life after she suffers an aneurysm. But there is a caveat to Ned's unusual talent. If something that he's revived remains living for more than one minute, then something of similar life value within the vicinity will die. Additionally, if he touches the resurrected a second time, that life will die again, but permanently - a stipulation which proves to be a great strain when Ned brings his childhood sweetheart, a beautiful girl named Chuck (Anna Friel), back to life.

Ned inherits his mother's baking talents, becomes a pie maker and opens a restaurant called the Pie Hole, which he runs with kooky waitress Olive Snook (Tony Award winner Kristin Chenoweth). The restaurant however, begins to fail financially and Ned finds an unusual way to earn money via Private Investigator Emerson Cod (Chi McBride), who accidentally discovers Ned's gift and makes a proposal - to bring murder victims back to life in order to inquire about the circumstances of their death. After collecting the facts, Emerson solves their cases and splits the reward money with Ned.

The series also stars Emmy winner Swoosie Kurtz and Tony Award nominee Ellen Greene, and is narrated by Jim Dale (Harry Potter audio books).

James Dooley’s charming and whimsical score captures all the quirkiness of this delightful, critically acclaimed show.

ABC kicks off the second season of PUSHING DAISIES on October 1.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 932 2
    Release Date: 10/21/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    new dooley? sweet!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    Sweet! No need to keep an eye on eBay for that legendary promo anymore. Thank heavens...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008
    How's the score like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2008
    Interview with Jeanine Tesori and James Dooley on The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Beginning @ Animated Views

http://animated-views.com/2008/ariels-s … r-the-sea/

(though I haven't read it yet wink )
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    Pushing Daises is pushed back again sad Release date is now December 16th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008
    Congrats to JAMES DOOLEY as he won "Best Original Score - TV" at the Hollywood Music Awards, for Pushing Daisies on November the 20th.

More, including SOUND CLIPS from the upcoming Varese release of the score on CD, over at http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2008/ … es-cd.html
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009
    Emmy-winning composer Jim Dooley recorded brass for his score to the videogame adaptation of Monsters vs. Aliens, coming later this month from Dreamworks Animation and Activision. ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers a sneek-peek at the sessions that took place at the Eastwood Scoring Stage at Warner Brothers!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009
    from hans-zimmer.com

Jim Dooley at the Miami film festival

Video from the Dreamworks Animation panel at the Miami Film Festival is now up. Click HERE:
    http://www.filmannex.com/movie/independ … title/5346

Jim Dooley spoke about working on First Flight among other things, and first appears around the 6:40 mark !

From his official website JimDOOLEY.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    inFamous (VG) (2009)

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/~hybrid/dool … SFront.JPG

Label : Sony Music (iTunes Exclusive)
    Length : 65'08 (Score : 61'09)

Credits :

# James Dooley :
    Composer
    # Mel Wesson :
    Composer
    # Martin Tillman :
    Composer - Musician : Cello

Music co-composed with Amon Tobin and Jonathan Mayer

tracklist :

1. Rabble Rouser (3:15)
    Amon Tobin
    2. Stampton Bridge (4:16)
    Amon Tobin
    3. Meet The Reapers (4:05)
    James Dooley, Amon Tobin
    4. The First Sons (2:04)
    James Dooley
    5. Alden Strikes (3:12)
    James Doole# y, Amon Tobin
    6. The Escape (3:02)
    James Dooley, Mel Wesson
    7.Dinner With Sasha (2:31)
    James Dooley
    8. The Courier (4:17)
    Amon Tobin
    9. Secrets Revealed (2:38)
    Jonathan Mayer
    10. Rampage (2:11)
    James Dooley
    11. Tent City (2:47)
    Jonathan Mayer
    12. Hunt For The Ray Sphere (2:55)
    Amon Tobin
    13. End Of The Road (3:32)
    James Dooley
    14. Anything For Trish (4:16)
    Amon Tobin
    15. Stranded (4:03)
    Amon Tobin
    16. Mysterious Signals (3:00)
    Jonathan Mayer
    17. The Truth (2:50)
    James Dooley, Mel Wesson
    18. Genesis (4:11)
    James Dooley, Amon Tobin
    19. Pleasant Empire (2:09)
    James Dooley
    20. Silent Melody - Working For A Nuclear Free City (3:59)
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    SWEET! thanks, D
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Infamous looks to become quite a stunning game, let's see how much it will inspired Dooley to write something that fits the sound, albeit it will be quite (shocking) RC in style
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    More of Dooley’s music can be heard on the upcoming soundtrack to the second season of ABC’s award-winning show Pushing Daisies. The soundtrack is scheduled to hit stores nation-wide this July and will be released by Varese Sarabande Records. The album will release at the same time as the Daisies second season DVD collection. A unique bonus feature of this soundtrack will be full vocal tracks by Kristin Chenoweth reprising her cameo songs from episodes of the show, such as “Eternal Flame” and “Candle on the Water”.
    punk

Source: CW3PR Press Release
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    Varese rocks! punk