• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009
    MILAN RECORDS IS RE-RELEASING OVER 100 CLASSIC
    SOUNDTRACKS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN AVAILABLE FOR YEARS

The independent record label has been scouring its vault for soundtracks and is making them available digitally through all major digital service providers

Nov 20, 2009- LOS ANGELES, CA: Milan Records has been exploring its vault of cutout soundtracks, some of which have not been available in the U.S. for over fifteen years and is systematically releasing them through their domestic distributor, ADA.

The label is re-releasing over 100 soundtracks including The Dead Zone, Wes Craven’s New Nightmare, Killing Zoe, The Phantom, Child’s Play and more including releases from legendary composers Hans Zimmer, Mark Isham, Basil Poledouris, Michael Kamen, Stewart Copeland, Howard Shore, J. Peter Robinson, Randy Edelman and more. Milan is also speaking with various repertoire owners to release unreleased soundtracks in the U.S. and will release the never-before-released soundtrack to Chan-wook Park’s infamous film, Oldboy on January 19, 2010.

In addition, Milan Records is working with its International office in Paris, France to release foreign film soundtracks that have never been available in the U.S. including music from Angelo Badalamenti, Bruno Coulais, Maurice Jarre, Javier Navarrete, Stanley Myers, Alexandre Desplat, Joe Hisaishi and more. These films and their music were never commercially released in the U.S. Milan expects to release nearly 100 additional foreign film soundtracks in the U.S.

“We are excited to make these soundtracks available again. The digital medium gives us the opportunity to re-release over 100 soundtracks that we love but that we can’t justify keeping active in physical CD form,” explains SVP of Milan Records, Nick Bobetsky. There are fans out there that want this music and after many years, they can finally get it again.”

Over the past three years Milan has also released over 300 other digital-only titles from its cutout catalog including jazz, tango, Cuban and other world music as well as classical and chant titles from its sister label, Jade Music. Milan expects to release over 200 additional titles from its International office in the next 6 months including jazz from The Hot Club in Paris, classic French music and more.

Milan has also been utilizing the digital medium to strategically release digital singles and EPs from its artist roster in order to keep a constant flow of new content from its developing acts.

“We have opportunities today that we did not use to have,” explains Milan COO Jean-Christophe Chamboredon. “Milan is fortunate to have such a large catalog that has been developed over the past 30 years and are eager to make it available in its entirety.”

Felt this was of some interest
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  1. I wonder which Zimmer scores are they re-releasing. Here's to hope for Broken Arrow.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You could e-mail Milan and ask them
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thanks for the good news Tom!
    Good news indeed.
    I'm eager to hear about the Kamen scores. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hmm... good move, and I understand why they use the digital medium, but it's really only interesting for me if they decide to release (some of) them in physical form.
  2. aha, excellent news, some Zimmer scores

But The Phantom I want as well, I want this CD in psychical form now. And Wes Craven's New Nightmare is a strong score too

Considering the crap we're getting nowadays, it's good to know we can go back to the past and get the scores that are truly worth it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Considering the crap we're getting nowadays, it's good to know we can go back to the past and get the scores that are truly worth it

smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Digital only?
    *sigh*

CDs are digital...
    Anyway, I guess they mean download only.
    slant Well. Better than nothing. I guess.
    Not too keen to make a purchase, though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009 edited
    The download-only bit turns me off (unless they offer it in FLAC format or something). Oh well, still looking forward to whatever more recent scores are released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    BobdH wrote
    Hmm... good move, and I understand why they use the digital medium, but it's really only interesting for me if they decide to release (some of) them in physical form.

I know the disappointment but this is what it will all be except for the second hand market and perhaps one of the pressing plants remaining open and a few select releases being offered at premium prices. But on the bright side the used market should remain strong for years. At some point you'll convert or go onto another hobby.
    Thomas