• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    Fringe sounds like uninspired lost left-overs.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Wrong!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I´m just happy they didn´t hire Trevor Morris, who seemed to be an obvious choice.

Bloody hell, so am I. Pillars of the Earth was laughably bad.

The series, sadly, yes. Waste of a relatively decent cast and truly stunning production. But I did rather like Morris'. Score.

The book was a darn good read....I didn't recognise much in the TV series.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Wrong!

-Erik-

Right, because you say so wink

I heard it, it's not for me. Huge pass, major yawns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    For some reason, I find it almost always hard to enjoy music from tv series I don't watch (I don't have any equivalent problem with films). I did watch Human Target and, while I thought the music was usually not particularly appropriate, I'd enjoy a 30-minute album of it, without question. But would it get in my top 50 film scores of 2010? Doubt it!

I thought Lost was really well-scored (as well-scored as any American show in recent memory) but I even got bored of those albums by about volume three.

Thinking about my votes for the IFMCA, I really couldn't think of a single thing to vote for in the tv category.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Human target is good for a 15-minute period on cd or so; then it becomes tiring; too loud and busy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    And if I were the producers... especially of a very expensive HBO series I would want to a composer who would work on my project exclusively.

That, of course, is an excellent point.

Christodoulides wrote
    Don't know, Ralph started it wink

I did? *looks around* I did. I did? dizzy

Martijn wrote
    Blaming the Germans is SO last century!

But obviously still vaild. ^^

Erik Woods wrote
    Nazi's... I hate these guys. :whip:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Now... where were we?

Yes.

Game of Thrones.

I´m a hundred pages away from finishing Book 4. So far, Book 3 has been the best. Book 1 was brilliant, because that whole thing was so new, but Book 3 had the most gut-wrenching twists and surprises.

Now could this guy please get his wits together and finish that frakking fifth book? ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Human target is good for a 15-minute period on cd or so; then it becomes tiring; too loud and busy.

Nah, I reckon you could get a good 30 minutes out of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, 30 minutes roughly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

No, no, no. no, no. It's all awesome! While I did think 3CD's was a bit much the album actually plays wonderfully for it's entire 3 hour and 24 minute run time. And yes, I had that much time to dedicate to it. But you can listen to it in chunks. Every track is great! It's on my Top 10 of 2010, BTW.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeap, 30 minutes roughly.

But you said 15 minutes?

FFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    15 mins is what i can take as it is on cd's. If someone sits through it and arranges the most listenable pieces on those 2 discs into a 30 minute suite, i'll probably listen to that too.
  1. Bear McCreary.

*topic nazi threttens tu kill all hu continju talk about rong staff*
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Everything is listenable on that disc. Pick a bunch of random cues that add up to 30 minutes and you can't go wrong.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    *topic nazi hatez tu bi ignord*
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    I want a topic Nazi icon for Ralph!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wish my experience was similar to yours smile
  2. Martijn wrote
    lol
    I want a topic Nazi icon for Ralph!

Yes, mein Herr.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wish my experience was similar to yours smile

yeah

I too was bored silly after three tracks.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    *topic nazi hatez tu bi ignord*

biggrin
  3. If it helps, topic nazi agris wis se canadijan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Apropos canadijan, since wiir alredi wai offtopick:

an open letter to ron moore

(I believe it´s at least ontopic of the offtopic of Bear, who will certainly be inclined to compose)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Bear McCreary.

What nice new clothes you have, emperor.
  4. Thank you. cool

Just a bit freezy, they are.
  5. Here's the first fifteen minutes preview to "Game of Thrones" to be shown April 17th in US.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011 edited
    There are literally dozens of official videos now, from Making Of stuff to House & Character presentations and some really nice standard trailers. It´s definitely too much material if you don´t know the books and want to dive in relatively blindly, since it´s all getting more and more spoilerific.

But if you´re undecided and don´t know whether to watch it or not, those first fifteen minutes are probably one of the better starting points without the risk of getting too much information. They show just one house and aspect of the story, but there are loads more. Chances are, if you liked what you saw there just enough to want to see more, you will dig what´s coming after. The beginning looks like a rather simple, straightforward story, but I can promise you, it is not.

All in all, it looks like a very accurate adaptation that manages to capture the feel of the book quite nicely without adapting every word. The writers obviously took stuff directly from the book when it worked and enhanced or changed it for the needs of a TV screen when it didn´t. By FAR more true to the source than, for example, Legend of the Seeker has been, if that´s important to you. Looks more along the lines of The Fellowship of the Ring regarding to how serious the show takes itself. Which really is a good thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011
    I really like the more-medieval-than-fantasy look from the trailers I've seen.
    Looking forward to this!
  6. Glad to hear that, especially since the books are indeed more grounded on a complex medieval power game setting than on its low level fantasy aspects. But the title might have given that away already.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011
    Looks interesting to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011
    I quite enjoyed the first episode, though I can't say I always understood it. Some of the acting was surprisingly weak. Music hideous.