• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    Earlier this morning, I found on iTunes something new that intrigued me. Those familiar with iTunes may know that the store sells current TV shows as either individual episode downloads, or a "Season Pass," in which case one pays in advance, and whenever a new episode is made available, it is automatically downloaded to their computer. Well, today I discovered this. Looks quite cool, huh? Basically, the New York Philharmonic recently appointed conductor Alan Gilbert as their new music director, and to celebrate his inaugural season, they are offering a "Season Pass" for various concerts recorded live throughout the 2009-2010 season. I don't know for sure, but this is the first time I've ever seen such a thing, an orchestra digital season subscription. It'd be great if other orchestras got into this, because in my opinion it is a great idea. I know I'll be buying the NY Phil digital subscription. What are your thoughts on this?