• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAD
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Hi all
    This is a short piece (1.30 minutes) I wrote using Finale 2009. Now i'm not claiming that it is good or well structured music. It is just a form of expression. No more no less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zHTRcR1q28

Let me know what you think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    Palpatine gets your vote? applause

I like the build-up and chord progression.
    It could be a bit more melodic, as it's relying heavily on ambience now (which -no offense!- I always find a little easy in compositions). However I think the basis for a potentially interesting piece of work is there (I especially like the way you use the woodwinds weaving in and out)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAD
    I'll keep that in mind, Thanks alot man.
    If he was running for president I would vote for Palpatine yes smile. He has the best laugh ever.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I liked it, I could imagine it to an 'out doors' kind of film, perhaps a gentle coming of age type drama.

Well done beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nice, soothing melody. Good work, AD! beer
    • CommentAuthorAD
    Thanks guys.
    It's true, drama is what interests me the most so naturally thats the kind of music that comes out.
    After reading "A Separate Peace" by John Knowles (My favourite novel btw) I wrote 4 themes i think because i really connected with the characters. Same thing happened with The Kite Runner.
    • CommentAuthorAD
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    Here is another short piece (2 mins) I wrote.
    The ending sucks I know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZ2_IxGzoU

All comments appreciated.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    That's a lovely piece AD, very bitter sweet and it fitted perfectly to the snowy scene outside my window, very good and I don't think the ending sucked.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAD
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
    Thanks again for that Timmer. Endings always get me into trouble since i'm musically illiterate. I don't know what half the musical tools are for in this program I use and god knows i've been trying to utilize them somehow smile. I'll save up money some day to take a crash course in music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    Well, the proof is in the listening and what I heard sounded good, keep it up and I look forward to hearing more. cool
  1. Listened to your two pieces, AD, and I really enjoyed them. You should be pleased with what you've produced.

As Tim mentions above, the ending to your second piece doesn't "suck" at all. To my ears there's no clumsy closure to the piece, but it ends well.

Good job, well done!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn