• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009
    I'm totally over that same old 'truck horn' stock sound used when big rig trucks pass by in car chase scenes etc.
    Usually always the double "HONK, HOOOOoooonk".
  1. Southall wrote
    I can't remember the last time I saw a film with an intermission! In fact, I don't think I ever have.

shocked

I think that the last movie I saw that had an intermission was The Witches of Eastwick.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    ...the car wont start in a horror/suspense film.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Isn't there a general rule (or maybe urban myth) if you walk out a movie within the first half you can demand for your money back? Smells like something iffy but never know it could be true?
  2. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Most theatres in Germany do intermissions on movies that are longer then two or two and half hours (it depends). We get them with LOTR, the Potters, and lots of other stuff, but we had one screening of Return of the King that had no intermission, which felt kinda strange, but was very appreciated. ^^

we get intermissions in the cinema, even if it's one hour 30 film, reason is because then everybody can go for .... another bag of chips

dickweeds, it's all about making money in Belgium
    same on the series and movies on TV, sometimes a movie is interrupted 4 times for commercials (even if the movie is one hour 30 minutes long

don't know if you guys have the same problems in your country
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...when Zimmer does the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009 edited
    ...people somehow always manage to get the most important thing(s) said BEFORE they are interupted by someone or something. For some reason, they are never interupted in a touching speech.

...babies start and stop crying exactly when you need to, like an on/off switch
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No intermissions in Greece, they're forbidden by the board of directors i think?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote

I can do this!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

I can do this!

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I loath that in so many Hollywood movies the second in command is always a complete bastard.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

I can do this!

-Erik-

Big deal. I can also start and stop crying whenever people need me to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    Thor wrote
    ....profound statements are usually made while staring out of the window with the back against the others, especially if it's the president

Hehehe! Good one.

Don't you just hate it when:

...the screen goes black and it says....................................... TO BE CONTINUED

...a woman is in labour and when the baby is finally born it turns out to be a 6 months old baby
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    ...you see yet another shot of the Pentagon

...time and place appear below as if being typed on to the screen with that typical 'time and place being typed into corner of the screen' sound. There was a time when this was cool, but it's a cliché indeed

...people just had sex but when they get up from the bed they 'wear' that blanket
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregje wrote
    ...people just had sex but when they get up from the bed they 'wear' that blanket

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Bregje wrote

biggrin

Exactly! A bit late for being coy. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...people drive cars but don't look where they're going if they're talking to someone inside the car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    ...people drive cars but don't look where they're going if they're talking to someone inside the car.

And of course they continually turn the steering wheel left and right even when driving along a perfectly straight road. And of course there is ALWAYS another gear to select no matter what speed they're going, if they're in a car chase.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    And of course they continually turn the steering wheel left and right even when driving along a perfectly straight road.

Yeah, especially in old "rear projection" films.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Marselus wrote
    Bregje wrote

biggrin

Yeah it is like, just grab anything to cover the bits. I mean when I see a bed scene and they don't cover when they get out, I'm surprised and have the reflex to hand them something so that they don't feel too naked. biggrin

...when a car goes through an earthquake and falling buildings and cars and trucks crashing all over the place around them and that particular car ends up almost intact after 10 minutes of trying to survive the bloody earthquake.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Southall wrote
    I can't remember the last time I saw a film with an intermission! In fact, I don't think I ever have.

I hate intermissions. The last time I had one was in the seventies during Zeferelli's Jesus of Nazareth. The film was more than 4 hours I think.
    I used to go to double features in the early seventies - two films with 20 minutes between them. The good old times wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Tintin wrote
    ...when a car goes through an earthquake and falling buildings and cars and trucks crashing all over the place around them and that particular car ends up almost intact after 10 minutes of trying to survive the bloody earthquake.

That's a good one, and reminds me of another - when there's some sort of phenomenon that causes all cars to stop working at the same time, they somehow all stop at the side of the road, leaving a convenient thoroughfare for our hero to drive through.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    .......everything in 2012.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I hate patronising captions, such as an establishing shot of the Eiffel Tower with the caption 'Paris'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    LSH wrote
    I hate patronising captions, such as an establishing shot of the Eiffel Tower with the caption 'Paris'.

In an American film it would of course say "Paris, France" just in case you thought it was the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Illinois.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

In an American film it would of course say "Paris, France" just in case you thought it was the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Illinois.

Or just in case you thought that's the miniature Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

...and just in case the fact that there's a caption saying "Paris, France" and all the extras are walking around the Eiffel Tower wearing stripey t-shirts and berets still leaves some doubt in the viewer's mind, the composer WILL use accordions for this scene.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cliched "foreigners" in American films.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

...and just in case the fact that there's a caption saying "Paris, France" and all the extras are walking around the Eiffel Tower wearing stripey t-shirts and berets still leaves some doubt in the viewer's mind, the composer WILL use accordions for this scene.

biggrin